PDA

View Full Version : Another DCA ride idea....

Tigertail777
04-04-2002, 12:09 AM
OK you didn't like the new TOT ride, so how about this one: a Zorro themed half rollercoaster, half water ride. Most of it could be fashioned after Marc Davis's "Western River Expedition" idea. It starts out as a water ride,(going thru a spanishtown where Zorro wanted posters are all over, and to the last scene where the evil govenor is holding some innocent peons and Zorro comes to rescue them) but then when people are chasing zorro (and you for helping Zorro) it becomes a roller coaster that goes in out of spanish pueblos and the garrison, over the roof tops the way zorro usually escapes. The technology has already been used at IOA, but Disney could do an awesome job of theming with this, and it really fits with their california theme. If done correctly, even people who don't like Zorro would probably love this ride. OK how does that sound? I sure wish I worked at Imagineering, even if the rides were never built, at least I'd feel I'd done something to try and help bring the magic back.

Nigel2
04-04-2002, 12:11 AM
It's ok, but from what others say disney has no rights to zorro.

Morrigoon
04-04-2002, 02:14 AM
Hmm... I wonder what the "owners" would say if they knew Disney ran Zorro nightly on the Disney channel then ;)

I'm pretty sure they retained those rights.

hbquikcomjamesl
04-04-2002, 07:41 AM
The rights to a series they produced are one thing; the rights to the character and the original property (novel? series of novels? Somebody help me!) are another. Did you know that famed TV chef Graham Kerr doesn't own any of the rights to his original "Galloping Gourmet" series, nor does he even own the merchandising rights to the phrase itself?

Of course, if the literary origins of the character "Zorro" have already fallen into the public domain (the way all the classic fairy tales, and the original novel of Pinocchio, and most likely the original novel of Don Quixote all have), then everybody has the rights.

Just what is the literary origin of Zorro?

P.S.: Does anybody else remember any Zorro spoofs titled, "The Mark of Zero"? As I recall, there was a Rocky and Bullwinkle, and there's also a Batfink.

Brown Monkey
04-04-2002, 02:17 PM
Tigertail777, I love this idea! Even better than the one for ToT. It would be something new and totally original. I loved the movie, The Mask of Zorro, and a ride based on this character would be really fun and exciting, and I think would do really well. It is a perfect fit for DCA, and could be the main attraction for a new district that I feel DCA needs anyway, themed to Spanish misssions/forts and deserts. They could also move the Tortilla factory to this area and use the current space for a better attraction. Kudos to you, Tigertail777! Follow your dream!

Tigertail777
04-05-2002, 06:55 AM
I thought it was a neat idea. I also like your idea of having an entire section spanish themed. They could have an open air retaurant with dancing senors/senioritas in costume, for one thing. An Old California section is exactly what DCA needs after all it is the romance of the history of California that is so intrigueing. I am going to California in July, and hope to personally drop off a portfolio at Imagineering. I have talked with a few ex-Imagineers and that is how they got in: by going there personally. And despite what any honchos at disney currently think, I think they are going to have to expand Imagineering to get them out of the hole that they have dug themselves into. Very soon in the near future I predict will be a great time to get into Imagineering again.

jslivinski
04-17-2002, 03:51 PM
WOW! Sounds like a great ride, when can I want ride it. :)

Tigertail777
04-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Well if it were up to ME, I'd say in one year... but I think you have to get me a job in Imagineering first, and get pressler/eisner to loosen the purse strings. ;) I think the purse string loosening will be coming soon though because there is only so much the public will take before they retaliate with boycotts etc. I think the mouse is in for a very rude awakening very soon! You just wait and see...

Nigel2
04-17-2002, 09:26 PM
The public would not retaliate with a Boycott (mabey not going but nothing orginized) since Disney has technically done nothing wrong that would create public outrage among a very large group of people.

Oh and I wonder if legal could get away with the ride if they claimed it was based on the TV show and nothing else?