PDA

View Full Version : Finally got our replacement Disneyland Ticket Trays from July today!

KarenW2
02-02-2006, 03:41 PM
The doorbell rang, I looked out and saw two large, not very high, boxes on our doorstep. I didn't think I was expecting anything, but as soon as I saw the size and shape of the box, I knew I WAS expecting these!!!

After some trouble, I managed to open one box to reveal, the replacement DL Ticket Tray from the Celebrating 50 Magical Memories special event, way back in July of 2005!! There was a cover letter with the trays, explaining how the original ones we received at the Orange Grove Party that night, "did not meet with our high quality standards", they went back to the vendor and had them do them over again and this was their result.

After reading the letter, I was expecting great things when I opened the first box. The first tray looked great at first glance, the finish was really nice, until I noticed 2 large, black blobs of "something", under the coating! No glass cleaner or whatever can remove these from the tray. Bummer!

The second tray came with the same cover letter and upon opening its box, I noticed some large blobs of gold paint on the outside of the box. No matter, if the inside is fine, I thought. I opened the box, found a couple of smaller black blobs on the tray (not a major deal), BUT, the black paint outlining the edges of the ticket was totally uneven and very obviously badly done. Double bummer!!

I called my hubby to give him the news and he said we'd take digital photos of them and send them with an email to event services or whoever, to see if these "replacement trays" can be replaced!!

Did anyone else get their trays today? If so, how did your trays come out? Does anyone know who the correct person or department to contact would be? This is really disappointing, considering all the time we've been waiting for these! :(

cfrith
02-02-2006, 05:14 PM
What is a ticket tray? :confused:

Malcon10t
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Did anyone else get their trays today? If so, how did your trays come out? Does anyone know who the correct person or department to contact would be? This is really disappointing, considering all the time we've been waiting for these! :(I checked my porch and nothing. Told my daughter to start checking when she gets home from school. Do they look any different than the originals?

Malcon10t
02-02-2006, 08:38 PM
What is a ticket tray? :confused:
Disneyland had a special event last July, and they gave the guests a gift of a a tray designed to look like the first ticket. I thought the original tray was great, but there were some flaws and Disney decided they would redo everyone's trays. They were SUPPOSED to arrive in November. Then they said mid-Feb. Now I can't wait for mine and the kids' to arrive. You can see more at http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/50thevent.html If you scroll down about 80% you will see the tray. (Its at the end of the Orange Grove Party section.) BTW - Anyone make a DVD of the party? I'd love a copy!

cstephens
02-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Checked the front porch this morning, and yep, two boxes left there. On the one hand, requiring us to sign for them is an inconvenience because no one is home during the day. On the other hand, I don't like them leaving boxes marked as being from Disneyland on the front porch all day.

I opened both boxes, and they both looked fine, but then the two that we received at the event looked fine too. I guess if I decide to muster up the curiosity, I could pull out the other ones and do a comparison.

If there's a problem, I'd suggest calling the main TDA phone number and asking for the name of the person who signed the letter. They should be able to transfer you, and talking to that person should solve the problem.

Dom262
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
We got ours yesterday. I opened them and the appear to be fine also.

Malcon10t
02-03-2006, 02:27 PM
We got ours yesterday. I opened them and the appear to be fine also.
Got ours today. They look SO much nicer. I only opened 1, probably should open the other 2.