PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass 2 hour window?

HBTiggerFan
04-03-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone,
I am rather confused...I went to DL last Sat. and the lines were crazy. OK, no biggie...got a FP for Haunted for a little more than an hour and a half later. We bummed around for a while and then decided to go on Mark Twain...As we walked by Pirates we stopped to try to get a fastpass, and it worked. The return time was 10 minutes after Haunted started...No biggie at all...

But my question is how does this window work? I am really confused on how you can hold 2 fastpasses at one time. I do know that the time for the next available fastpass is printed on it, but if it wasn't over a 2 hour window, I am thinking they are changing the window too?

Uncle Dick
04-03-2002, 08:28 PM
Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are both completely unhooked from each other and the rest of the park Fastpass system. They each operate independently. So right now, at the Disneyland Resort, there are 5 separate Fastpass systems: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, the rest of Disneyland, Soarin', and the rest of DCA. You could theoretically hold 5 Fastpasses at once with this system and none of the Fastpasses would know that the others existed.

cstephens
04-04-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
You could theoretically hold 5 Fastpasses at once with this system and none of the Fastpasses would know that the others existed.

Actually, you could hold 6, because the Fastpass for "Blast" isn't included either.

/cs

Uncle Dick
04-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

Actually, you could hold 6, because the Fastpass for "Blast" isn't included either.
/cs
The ticket for BLAST!, while shaped like a Fastpass, is not actually a Fastpass in any other way. They are handed out at several different locations and any one person can get as many as they want. They are also good on many different days and sometimes for many different show times. For example, yesterday I picked up two tickets for the 5:15 showing, one for yesterday and one for today. Since they only superficially resemble a Fastpass, I like to think of them as "tickets". That's what the CMs call 'em.

RideMax Mark
04-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Where are some of the locations that Blast! tickets are available?

---
www.ridemax.com (http://www.ridemax.com)

Kevin Yee
04-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are both completely unhooked from each other and the rest of the park Fastpass system. They each operate independently. So right now, at the Disneyland Resort, there are 5 separate Fastpass systems: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, the rest of Disneyland, Soarin', and the rest of DCA. You could theoretically hold 5 Fastpasses at once with this system and none of the Fastpasses would know that the others existed.

If it's a busy day, I can get another FP after two hours on the "real" rides still connected to the system, right?

That means one more each for DL and for DCA. Which means that I might theoretically be holding up to 7 FPs at once (not counting Blast, which would be 8).

And I *still* like a large chunk of out of town visitors have only ONE fastpass at a time (if at all). The system is not helping them!

Very confusing system. It's starting to resemble the tax code. Can I just turn to a FP planner like I do for taxes?

(Hey RideMax, there's a tagline for ya....)

Uncle Dick
04-04-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by RideMax Mark
Where are some of the locations that Blast! tickets are available?

I once got one in the Boudin Bakery, although I don't think they're handing them out there anymore. They're available at the BLAST! podium which is sometimes located at the entrance to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and sometimes at the entrance to the Hyperion Theater. You can get 'em from some of the Bellhops standing out in front of the Hyperion (if the podium isn't there) and you can get them from the orange Hawaiian shirted "barker" who roams the Hollywood Pictures Backlot imploring people to see the show.

When the show had first started, there were Bellhops at the Golden Gate Bridge handing out tickets to guests first entering the park but now I think the buzz on BLAST! is big enough to have permanently removed that position.

Originally posted by Kevin Yee
If it's a busy day, I can get another FP after two hours on the "real" rides still connected to the system, right?

That means one more each for DL and for DCA. Which means that I might theoretically be holding up to 7 FPs at once (not counting Blast, which would be 8).
Yes, but it gets even worse. You could theoretically hold up to 10 FPs since each of the individual machines (HM, Pirates, Soarin') has its own "two hour rule" (I think. I might have to test this sometime before Spring Break ends.).

RideMax Mark
04-04-2002, 11:27 AM

Yes, but it gets even worse. You could theoretically hold up to 10 FPs since each of the individual machines (HM, Pirates, Soarin') has its own "two hour rule" (I think. I might have to test this sometime before Spring Break ends.).

Also note that most of the CMs at the FP attractions will still let you ride after the "official" window is over, which means I could theoretically stack up a bunch of FPs in the morning when the return windows are closer, and not use them until later in the evening, putting the limit of "active" FPs I'm holding above 10!

Originally posted by Kevin Yee

Can I just turn to a FP planner like I do for taxes? (Hey RideMax, there's a tagline for ya....)

Believe me, as much as this new system sounds like a complicated mess for the average guest, I have to admit that a certain part of me wouldn't mind seeing it take effect permanently, (just like I'm sure H&R Block *loves* the complicated tax code, to use your analogy ;) ).

Sort of like fighting software *with* software...

Oooh... Please don't throw any tomatoes at me on that one! :D