PDA

View Full Version : Question about eating at Riverbelle during Fastasmic

tstan70
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
So, I am ashamed to admit that out of the 20+ days that I have spent with my young family at Disneyland over the past 6 years, we have only seen Fantasmic one time! We are going in a few weeks and although I don't want to pay the $65/$53 per person for terraced seating, I was wondering about eating at the Riverbelle.

Have any of you done this? how early would you need to get there for the early show on a Sunday night?

Syndrome
02-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I wonder how good the view would actually be there. There always herding people out of that area right in front of the restaurant, so I would think they would block the view. What's the view actually like there?

mi_mous
02-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I got there about 45 minutes before the show started. I wanted to get seating, but quickly realized that was not happening, and I had to find a place to park the stroller I had.
All the tables were taken at the Riverbelle, by people who were waiting to see F!. I actually felt bad for those who were buying food and taking it back someplace else cause they could not find seating outside. (We were standing on the bricks near the planter, so don't worry, I wasn't taking up the diners spaces. I actually had to eat my food on the bricks that we were later standing on to watch the show.)
So, if you get seating towards the front, it is pretty good. DON'T expect to get good pictures, unless you have a great zoom on your camera. But, just to watch the show, it is a pretty good location. It could have been better, and I think the only thing that was lacking was you could not really see the projections on the water. And, my kids didn't get a reaction (we weren't expecting one) from the princesses when they were waving hi, etc., cause we were so far away, but the kids (ages 2 & 5) loved it! Everything else was great!
Hope that helps.
(Funny you posted that, cause I was just telling my mom that we would get seats there and eat to watch Fantasmic next time we were there!)

scanmom
02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
we have done this twice, and the view is great from the outside terrace, especially if you can get a table right near the wall. it is better to go to the 2nd showing. just wait at the door near tarzans treehouse during the 1st show. at the end of the 1st show they will force the people off of the terrace (they will not let them stay for a 2nd show). If you are at the TT door, the CM will let you in to go across the restaurant to the door leading to the terrace, and they will open it as soon as the terrace has been cleaned up. they will not let in people from the walkway until the people from inside have been let onto the terrace. Just walk up and pick your table. We asked a CM earlier in the evening how to get a good seat, and this is what she told us to do, and it worked. If I were you, I would ask in the early evening and that way, if the way they do it has changed, the CM will tell you exactly where to be and when to be there. They were very nice and helpful, and seemed glad that we were patient and they made sure we got the best table. We had a nice break and a snack/dessert while we waited about 1 hour for the show to start. We have 6 in our family, so it was alot cheaper than paying for the balcony seating!!!:cool:

tstan70
02-03-2006, 06:45 AM
thanks for for the help. I think we will try to gage how the crowds are a couple hours before the 1st show to see if we can get a spot up close to the ROA or if we should try for some seats and eat at Riverbelle