PDA

View Full Version : I just had my first Tigger Tail!

Pages : [1] 2 3

kohl
02-02-2006, 12:57 PM
And it was sooooooo good! I can't wait to go back and have A LOT more.

Vegitabeta
02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Are we talking about those orange things from just outside the Winnie the Pooh ride? Cos I had one and I thought it was nasty! lol

doodlebug
02-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh do tell!!! What is a tigger tail?????

kohl
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
A Tigger Tail is marshmallows dipped in caramel, then dipped in orange flavored white chocolate with brown stripes like Tigger. At first I was a little scared to try it, but they are so good!

Andrew
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
A Tigger Tail is marshmallows dipped in caramel, then dipped in orange flavored white chocolate with brown stripes like Tigger.
This must be from the Critter Country candy store, right?

I am in need of one of their divine nut-rolled, caramel-drizzled, dark chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks. Good thing we're going to Disneyland this weekend.

Wesley815
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Are we talking about those orange things from just outside the Winnie the Pooh ride? Cos I had one and I thought it was nasty! lolI'm also not a fan of them... Such a mess to eat and weird flavors with the marshmellow/orange and carmel. Most of my friends agree that they'd rather buy churros or something better.

Syndrome
02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Am I the only one who does not like the treats there? Everytime we go everything looks so good, but when we actually try something it's sub-par. I don't know how anyone makes a peanut butter brownie not taste good, but they manage to.

findin mickeys
02-02-2006, 03:41 PM
The only "treat" food I have had are Churros and I love them.

mugsrb
02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH I need a Churro Has anbody tried the one's you make at home you get a Costco? For years I have looked at them and thought I'll try but my fear is they will taste really bad which might just ruin the whole Churro thing

findin mickeys
02-02-2006, 05:28 PM
That is a riot. I have the same problem. My wife and I have been told by others that they taste like the ones at DL, but I do not believe them. They are not true Disney Geeks like ourselves, therefore I do not trust their assessment.

The one thing I really miss though is the tamale cart that used to be at the end of mainstreet. I could eat those all day long (with a couple churros in between of course). The only time I had those was in the Fall one year (about 8 years ago). Does anyone know if the Tamale cart is still around?

hlbtimes2
02-02-2006, 07:34 PM

I am in need of one of their divine nut-rolled, caramel-drizzled, dark chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks. Good thing we're going to Disneyland this weekend.

I had one of those during our Oct. trip. It was good- but I wasnt expecting there to be a caramel layer under the chocolate. A little hard to eat with braces.

MrsG
02-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if the Tamale cart is still around?
Haven't seen the tamale cart is a long while. Hubby is quite upset about that.

Katty Boda
02-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Haven't seen the tamale cart is a long while. Hubby is quite upset about that.

Is that the one on Main Street that is shaped like an old car?

Gone2Disneyland
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
A Tigger Tail is marshmallows dipped in caramel, then dipped in orange flavored white chocolate with brown stripes like Tigger. At first I was a little scared to try it, but they are so good!
I like marshmellows. It doesn't sound like a mess in so many ways, but I'll have to check these out. Thanks.

RStar
02-03-2006, 05:59 AM
The one thing I really miss though is the tamale cart that used to be at the end of mainstreet. I could eat those all day long (with a couple churros in between of course). The only time I had those was in the Fall one year (about 8 years ago). Does anyone know if the Tamale cart is still around?I haven't seen it in a while. They are backing down on the ODV carts during the 50th. I only tried the tamales once, and they were terribly dry. Maybe it was a bad day for them. I also think the turkey legs are tough, chewy and nasty. But a lot of these treats are subjective to each person's tastes anyway.

~Bob

SandraVB79
02-03-2006, 06:09 AM
NOOOOO, those turkey legs where GOOD! ;)

Like we say: you can't debate about color and taste... :D (I think PB&J sandwiches are nasty, so...)

junglemom
02-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I did see a tamale cart while we were there 2 weeks ago. I can't remember where , but it was the first time I had ever noticed tamales in the park. If I can jog my memory, i'll post it. ooohhh this kind of thing kills me, now I'll be up all night trying to remember where it was. :confused: :( :confused:

findin mickeys
02-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I would be extremely grateful if you can remember where. I will be there in about two months and love their tamales.

Pirate Princess
02-03-2006, 07:43 PM
On the subject of great candy...
ROCKY ROAD fresh-made from the candy shop on mainstreet. It was so good it brought a tear to my eye. When we ate it we hid from the kids so that they wouldn't ask for a piece.. we were NOT about to share.
I honestly thought I was getting one as a surprise for Christmas (the person I was with disappeared back in the direction of the candy store for a minute and didn't tell me where they were going)... and I didn't. I almost cried.
What days of the week do they make it? We are going Tues-Thurs soon.. will I not get this treat? (It is almost too painful to ask!)

Duchess mermaid
02-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I've never had a churro, but i've been told they are just like elephant ears in a different shape. I hate elephant ears. They are too greasy. My mom used to make baked ones that were very good. But I'm not a fan of fried foods at all... In fact the more I think of Crispy Cremes the more I want a salad.

Opus1guy
02-03-2006, 08:36 PM

I'd buy more of them, but that metal spring keeps getting stuck in my dentures!

:)

Gone2Disneyland
02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
I haven't seen it in a while. They are backing down on the ODV carts during the 50th. I only tried the tamales once, and they were terribly dry. Maybe it was a bad day for them. I also think the turkey legs are tough, chewy and nasty. But a lot of these treats are subjective to each person's tastes anyway.

~Bob
My first turkey leg was tough, dry and chewy too. Planned never to waste my money on one ever again. But on another visit, my friend bought one and he raved about it. He offered to let me tear off a piece, and God Almighty it was the juiciest, tenderest piece of meat I never expected to taste off that thing. I haven't had one since, but I have learned that it's all about timing, i.e. buying them when they haven't been sitting inside those carts for very long.

StyledSugar
02-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I've seen so many people rave about the Churros so I must try one when we go in two weeks. Where are they in the park?

davnat
02-04-2006, 08:48 AM

ITA! I tried these for the first time on our last trip, we got them from Marcelines in DTD and so good. How can you go wrong with nuts, pretzels, caramel and chocolate. We are going back in March and you can bet I will be getting some more of these.

Wendi
02-04-2006, 01:33 PM
I noticed a tamale cart for the first time this week. It was in DCA, I can't remember where, but I'm thinking it was near Golden Dreams...