PDA

View Full Version : primetime shuttle

jakoky
02-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi there, just wondering if anyone has used them....we fly in to LAX on may 13th and we dont want to be waiting for transportation...looking into some of the shuttles, they are fairly expensive for what u get,and i just was emailed from primetime and a private van return is $154 which i thought sounded pretty good, just wondering what others think or if anyone has experience with them...also, i have looked into the shuttle busses that run to Universal and it is more expensive to use them again,then getting this private van to pick us up on our choice of times...with tip added in it will be about the same as riding the bus with tons of others....any info on them, or other ideas would be great, thx so much
sharon

findin mickeys
02-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I have used Prime Time and it is all right. It was the cheapest of the shuttle services that I have found. It took me from LAX to the Castle Inn. The ride took about an hour because there was several other stops made by the shuttle before mine (I was second to last). It only cost me something like $15 though which I thought was pretty good deal.

Just make sure you have a copy of your confirmation number to present when they pick you up.

SandraVB79
02-03-2006, 04:34 AM
I used Supershuttle and Prime Time Shuttle, and I prefer prime time.

Although I didn't give them a telephone number (no use to give them my home number since I'm on vacation, and I don't have a cellphone that works in the US), they went through the trouble of looking up the phone number of the hotel where they were supposed to pick us up, and they found a way to get through to our room (Shuttle was on my name, hotel was booked on my mom's name... I guess they just matched two weird names, lol!) to confirm at what time they would pick us up the next day! I thought that was rather cool of them!

Stupid_American
02-03-2006, 05:24 AM
Usually, there is little wait at LAX for a shared van to the Disneyland Resort area.
We always use PrimeTime/SuperShuttle (work together from LAX) to get to Tustin, and the van often empties around the park.
Between DLR and the Convention Center, there are plenty of fares.

jakoky
02-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi, thx so much for the replies...wheni asked for quotes, they told me 150 for a shared van return trip for 5, or 154 for a private, so 4 more dollars, it is just our family being picked up....i am definately going to go that route, then it will be faster and just us...thx again
sharon

Stupid_American
02-04-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi, thx so much for the replies...wheni asked for quotes, they told me 150 for a shared van return trip for 5, or 154 for a private, so 4 more dollars, it is just our family being picked up....i am definately going to go that route, then it will be faster and just us...thx again
sharon

"$150 return trip" should mean to your hotel and the return to LAX.
If the private van is $77 each way, then the cost is comparable.

Also, be sure to find out the LAX pick up arrangements.
Will the driver be waiting for you in front of arrivals, or will you have to hunt down their kiosk?