PDA

View Full Version : It's official, I'm a Disneyland Nerd

Pages : [1] 2

jdee
02-02-2006, 08:55 AM
:geek: I was at the park Tue evening with DH and all day Wed by myself. Great time, I love the small crowds during the off season. While waiting in a few short lines and overhearing conversation about DL, I wanted to jump in and correct people or give them additional imformation. It was then I decided it's offical, I'm a DL nerd. Can't get enough DL triva and I log on a least once a day to get my fix, maybe I should upgrade myself to DL addict.:D

stan4d_steph
02-02-2006, 10:24 AM
In that case, you'd better be playing MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure) this spring. :)

jdee
02-02-2006, 10:40 AM
In that case, you'd better be playing MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure) this spring. :)

I have been seriouly think about it.

mckygirl99
02-02-2006, 10:50 AM
My husband branded me a Disney nerd when I knew the other Tomorrowland attraction that mentions Tom Morrow. He said, "Who else would know that?" It's on the paging system in Star Tours.

Welcome to the Disney Nerd Club!

mi_mous
02-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the club! My DH branded me a Disney geek our last trip to Disneyland!:geek:

ToursbabeC3po
02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the dark side

jdee
02-02-2006, 11:08 AM
It's nice to be amoung so many that understand.

PrincessLeia
02-02-2006, 09:13 PM
I am self-delaring myself a DL-Nerd as well! I got to the park tonight, (well DTD...) and was overwhelmed with emotion as I walked into the plaza between DL, DCA and DTD. The lights, the soundtrack, the happiness of families and kids with Mickey on the brain...it literally made my eyes well up w/ tears. We were just here in December and I am soooo glad to be back! Now, if I can just figure out how to get a gig as a parade character... ;)

qwiksliver1022
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
I've was labeled a Disney Nerd about june last year. I go with my brother, sister, and family and they always make sacastic remarks. When they go without me I hear they get lost alot. My cousin ratted my brother out to me, while standing in line to get into DL he stated, "Oh crap! David isn't here" with that he ran over to the turnstile and grabbed a map.

PeoplemoverMisser
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem

Katty Boda
02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I have a problem! :D I'm the biggest Disneynerd.

Whenever I go on Star Tours, I can recite the whole thing by heart along with the robot. Right down to the little 'pyew! pyew!' noises made by the Tie Fighters. He he...same thing for the Haunted Mansion. ...Actually, thinking about it, it's sort of sad. Oh well, at least I'm having fun.

coronado_g
02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
If being a Disney Nerd means spending an entire day at DL (from opening to closing time) - by oneself - and having the most fantastically fun time - then, YES! Count me as one also!

Disneymademoiselle
02-03-2006, 12:17 AM

"Hi, I'm Lauren, and I'm a Disneyoholic."

"Hi, Lauren."

Some addictions are meant to go untreated!!!:D :D :D

SandraVB79
02-03-2006, 03:56 AM

"Hi, Lauren."

Do they have fastpasses for those meetings? Will Mickey be there to greet me? ;) :geek: :rolleyes:

BQ2
02-03-2006, 05:06 AM

Hi, Lauren!

My name is bill and I am a Disneyoholic :D
And Mouseplanet helps!!

BQ2
02-03-2006, 05:07 AM
:geek: I was at the park Tue evening with DH and all day Wed by myself. Great time, I love the small crowds during the off season. While waiting in a few short lines and overhearing conversation about DL, I wanted to jump in and correct people or give them additional imformation. It was then I decided it's offical, I'm a DL nerd. Can't get enough DL triva and I log on a least once a day to get my fix, maybe I should upgrade myself to DL addict.:D

Welcome to the club JDee ;)

jdee
02-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi Lauren. Hi BQ2.

Thanks this meeting has really helped.

figmentspark
02-03-2006, 05:46 AM

:confused: But since when is being a Disney nerd a problem? I thought it was everyone else who didn't get it who had the problem...:geek: :p

GrumpyUTboi
02-03-2006, 06:06 AM
"Hi, My name is Steve and I have a problem, I can't get enough of DL! The sounds, the smell, the laughter of my own children as we walk the park, it just consumes me!"

PeoplemoverMisser
02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
"Hi, My name is Steve and I have a problem, I can't get enough of DL! The sounds, the smell, the laughter of my own children as we walk the park, it just consumes me!"
Denial!

Today is Bring A Fish Friend Day. Did everybody bring a friend?

PeoplemoverMisser
02-03-2006, 07:18 PM

"Hi, Lauren."

Welcome -- we are your safe harbor.

Opus1guy
02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
While waiting in a few short lines and overhearing conversation about DL, I wanted to jump in and correct people or give them additional imformation. It was then I decided it's offical, I'm a DL nerd.

You are indeed a Disneyland Nerd.

I'm a Disneyland Geek.

We are closely related.

The only difference is that a Disneyland Geek never corrects folks' misinformation that we hear while we're at Disneyland. A geek just lets it go...and wallows in the warm and comfortable thought that we are better than they are...those poor wretched wanna be amateur "expert" tourists.

"Why look, honey. That Tour Guide just told that group that Disneyland first opened in 1956. Hee, hee."

When a Disneyland Geek witnesses a Disneyland Nerd correcting someone or giving some additional tidbit of info...the Geek just smiles at the Nerd, and wonders why they are giving it away for free.

Now the Disneyland Dweeb...well...we won't even discuss those, as this is a family board.

:)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I am self-delaring myself a DL-Nerd as well! I got to the park tonight, (well DTD...) and was overwhelmed with emotion as I walked into the plaza between DL, DCA and DTD. The lights, the soundtrack, the happiness of families and kids with Mickey on the brain...it literally made my eyes well up w/ tears. We were just here in December and I am soooo glad to be back! Now, if I can just figure out how to get a gig as a parade character... ;)

That is how I get. I seriously think that there is something wrong with me, when I cry entering the park, because I am just so happy to be there.
Then I get all depressed when I have to come home and spend the next few months planning my next trip. LOL

Leap for Joy
02-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Then I get all depressed when I have to come home and spend the next few months planning my next trip. LOL

This is why we bought our APs! It's the only consolation that works when leaving the park. I know that I'll be back in a few months!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-04-2006, 07:06 AM
This is why we bought our APs! It's the only consolation that works when leaving the park. I know that I'll be back in a few months!!!

SAME HERE! That is my excuse to get DH to at least let me go with the kids, we let his AP lapse, is that we have APs and might as well get our money worth! hehe