PDA

View Full Version : birthdays

lovelydaisy121
04-03-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm taking my friend to disneyland for her birthday next week, and I heard somewhere that Disneyland gives you front of the line passes for your birthday. Does anyone know if that's true, and where would I go to get them?

Mouse
04-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Sorry, no truth to that. A large number of people at Disneyland are there to celebrate their birthday so giving out a pass like that is not an option. But be sure to stop buy City Hall or a Guest Relations cast member and get your friend a Happy Birthday sticker.

justagrrl
04-03-2002, 03:38 PM
and don't forget your "special" birthday phone call too. :)

cemeinke
04-03-2002, 06:32 PM
No, no front of the line pass, but depending on the attraction & Cast Member, you might get some added perks. I got to sit up with the CM on Storeybook Land and do part of the spiel - belated appologies to the guest not part of our birthday party :D

It's probably a good way to leverage CM favors. If you'd like to ride in the back of the monorail, up front with the engineer on the train, or in the wheel house of the Mark Twain, it might be a good time to ask when wearing a birthday sticker.

Of course having a group of people in silly hats also helps :cool:

lovelydaisy121
04-04-2002, 08:16 AM
what is the "special" birthday phone call?

Not Afraid
04-04-2002, 08:29 AM
To tell would be ruining it. :D

lovelydaisy121
04-04-2002, 10:08 AM
so how do i get it for her?

Not Afraid
04-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Go to the Gallery (they have speaker phone) or to City Hall and they will place the phone call for you. The Gallery is highly recommended.

lovelydaisy121
04-04-2002, 11:05 AM
oh ok... thanks so much... yea... a group of friends and i are surprising her... she doesn't know that we're going there...

mousey_girl
04-04-2002, 11:45 AM
If this is the same call I am thinking of, it can also be found at the round souvenier stand near Small World.

JPIVERSON
04-18-2002, 06:35 PM
I seem to remember seeing people with badges saying "Honorary Citizen" (or something like that). How do people get those?

Matterhorn Fan
04-18-2002, 06:41 PM
My mom got her birthday call in the watch shop. I think they can dial it for you from any of the stores.

I got an "Honorary Citizen" sticker from a CM in DCA. I think that was a fluke; I don't know where others get them. If you're talking about the personalized "Guest of Honor" badge, you get those at the souvenier stand on Main Street that's just past the tunnel on the right as you go in.

bluepearl
04-18-2002, 10:48 PM
I got the sticker and the phone call today! It's absolutely cute. Many thanks to the DCA CM that put in the call for me. ;)

Matterhorn Fan
04-19-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by bluepearl
I got the sticker and the phone call today! It's absolutely cute. Many thanks to the DCA CM that put in the call for me. ;) bluepearl, you should stop by the Lounge and check out your birthday thread if you haven't already. (I only mention it because I don't ever see you posting in the Lounge, and I would hate to think that you missed it. ;)) It's not as cute as the phone call, I'm sure, but still . . .