PDA

View Full Version : Le Bat En Rouge

theri
01-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi! My name is Erin, and I'm addicted to Disneyland :).

I went to Disneyland this past weekend, and did all the normal stops -- and i mentioned to the people at Le Bat En Rouge that i was disappointed that the Jack merchandise won't go away...

Don't get me wrong, Jack is awesome, but i'm a total villain fan, and the only time I got to purchase any clothing at the park that wasn't Jack related was like two years ago, before Bat got taken over by Haunted Mansion Holiday stuff year round. If i had only known back then, i would have bought a lot more stuff! Now, it's just me and the snowglobes, *sniff*.

Anyhow! The lady behind the counter said that yes, it was going away -- but that the whole store was becoming a Pirates store for the next five years. Just thought I'd pass it along. Buy your Jack stuff now, or start saving pennies for pirate shirts :).

Long live Maleficent!

Vegitabeta
02-01-2006, 03:20 AM
They are getting rid of the Jack stuff?! I'm a massive Jack fan! Someone will have to buy my Jack stuff for me a send it over on a boat;)

Seriously though, that's made me sad:(

MonorailChris
02-01-2006, 07:56 AM
I just wish they would bring back the Villian store that was just pass the castle on the right side in front of Peter Pans flight.That store was awesome!

mcow1
02-01-2006, 08:03 AM
I just wish they would bring back the Villian store that was just pass the castle on the right side in front of Peter Pans flight.That store was awesome!
I can't help but think that Disney is missing the boat on this one. I always hear people saying they would like villain merchandise but can't find any.

stan4d_steph
02-01-2006, 08:27 AM
They just renovated the store a couple of years ago. I would think they'd go to villains before it would change over to pirates. They'd need to rename it if it was a pirate-themed store. Also, what would become of Pieces of Eight?

theri
02-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah, but Pieces of Eight is really poorly set up, and is always so crowded, since all of Pirates flows into it. And with the next two movies coming out, i'm sure they'll milk those until they go to video.

I wish i'd been into Disney back in the Villain store days. I keep reading about other Disney resorts doing big parades around Halloween and stuff. I'd looooveeee to go to one of those.

iwannabeanimagineer
02-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi! My name is Erin, and I'm addicted to Disneyland :).
Welcome to our 12-step program, Erin.

...the whole store was becoming a Pirates store for the next five years.
Ah the mysteries of theme park merchandise! Now, if it's becoming an "up-scale" pirate store with pirate-ish antique-ish stuff and zombie pirate collectables from "Black Pearl" and collectables from the new movie, I'm all in there.

Mermaid
02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
I can't help but think that Disney is missing the boat on this one. I always hear people saying they would like villain merchandise but can't find any.
Yeah, everytime we go to the park we lament that this store isn't there anymore.

olegc
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Anyhow! The lady behind the counter said that yes, it was going away -- but that the whole store was becoming a Pirates store for the next five years. Just thought I'd pass it along. Buy your Jack stuff now, or start saving pennies for pirate shirts :).

I can see the threads now...
" Did you hear? they ARE shutting down HMH - read it on the board. A cast member said it was going away. There is your proof" and then start an all out war again....

If the entire Pieces of le Bat store is to be created I hope it does something similar to when HMH had it's third year. - or was it second? Oogie Boogie made his arrival and the event night had the store jumping with all kinds of merchandise. I hope the DeadMan'sChest event, while private, will spur the same kind of design elements and push the envelope on this one. There has been a TON of pirate merchandise in the years past - but it has not been prominantly displayed or themed correctly (heck, mouseshoppe still has a ton of stuff from the first MOvie event for held at AMC and resort).

disneyperson
02-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't take the CM's word as gospel. The Bat en Rouge is a hugely popular store and the Jack stuff is very popular. I wouldn't worry too much.
If they do change over, you can always get your Jack fix though Hot Topic.

KDR
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Ah the mysteries of theme park merchandise! Now, if it's becoming an "up-scale" pirate store with pirate-ish antique-ish stuff and zombie pirate collectables from "Black Pearl" and collectables from the new movie, I'm all in there.

There's a guy over on another board who seems to be claiming that he's making custom silver skull rings for the upcoming new Pirates shoppe. I could be wrong on this, though. I didn't wade through everything to find out the details.

OCCOBRA
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I look forward to the change. I like jack but what after what 7 years. Next. Arrrr a bigger pirate store will be a welcome change.

iwannabeanimagineer
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
There's a guy over on another board who seems to be claiming that he's making custom silver skull rings for the upcoming new Pirates shoppe. I could be wrong on this, though. I didn't wade through everything to find out the details.
This is the kind of thing I'm expecting. Like the Aztec gold pieces sold for "Black Pearl".

MrsG
02-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Anyhow! The lady behind the counter said that yes, it was going away -- but that the whole store was becoming a Pirates store for the next five years.
Yahoo! Doing a happy dance! So glad to see the "Jack" store (allegedy) leaving! Don't really care what else goes in, but I a Pirates store would be nice.

mckygirl99
02-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Has anyone ever seen the pirates store in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando? It's huge! I keep thinking that they may try to go for something like that here. I did buy something off of a cart that was btwn Rouge and Pieces that I hadn't seen before. I think they are getting ready!

tod
02-02-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't suppose they might reinstate the One Of A Kind shop?

--t

iwannabeanimagineer
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Has anyone ever seen the pirates store in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando? It's huge! I keep thinking that they may try to go for something like that here.
Yes, I had the pleasure of spending several expensive hours there. I'd appreciate the value of entertainment shopping more if everything were free.

Vegitabeta
02-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't take the CM's word as gospel. The Bat en Rouge is a hugely popular store and the Jack stuff is very popular. I wouldn't worry too much.
If they do change over, you can always get your Jack fix though Hot Topic.
I don't have a Hot Topic!

*falls off chair*

Vegitabeta
02-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Has anyone ever seen the pirates store in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando? It's huge! I keep thinking that they may try to go for something like that here. I did buy something off of a cart that was btwn Rouge and Pieces that I hadn't seen before. I think they are getting ready!
Yeah, it's much better than the one at DL:)

MrsG
02-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't suppose they might reinstate the One Of A Kind shop?

--t
I'm with you! Just another charming shoppe that went by the wayside of the money making "everything-is-the-same" shops.

SandraVB79
02-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Quite honestly, I don't think they have to "take away" stores/ shops, because I don't like the merchandise. There is now ay I will ever like Jack or NBC, but I do understand that others like that.
But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a store that is about Villains or whatever (I am sorry, I don't know each and every store of DL by heart.... I do know however what misses at DLP!)

mcow1
02-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Well, I was out at DL today and went into Le Bat to buy more stuff. The CMs there today told me that only part of the store was going to be a Pirate Shop extension. And, Le Bat was going to reopen only smaller and they would still carry Nightmare merchandise.:D

Vegitabeta
02-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Well, I was out at DL today and went into Le Bat to buy more stuff. The CMs there today told me that only part of the store was going to be a Pirate Shop extension. And, Le Bat was going to reopen only smaller and they would still carry Nightmare merchandise.:D
Woo!:D