PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Books ... Ideas ?

bekky
01-31-2006, 02:34 PM
In the past Ive just bought the little blue books in the park entrance with mickey and the gang on the cover.

BUT ... I seem to remember there being one with a picture slot on each page to put above the autograph - am I remembering right ???

If so .. does anyone know how much the books go for these days ?

I have to get 4 !

I checked ebay & there are a lot of spiral looking ones .. not sure if I like them as much

Maybe I need to get creative here.

I wanted to buy light chasers before we go to the park also, but they didnt have much to choose from at the Disney Store this week & I havent seen any on ebay either.

infinite
01-31-2006, 02:40 PM
I don’t remember the cost of the books, I am sorry.

However, my husband noticed a guy wearing a t-shirt and having the characters sign it in the park, and he thought that would be a great idea for the boys nest time. I think it would be wonderful, however I am not sure my husband realizes how few signatures will fit on a 5-year-olds shirt.

So there is an idea!

rentayenta
01-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe I need to get creative here.

I believe the books with the slots for pictures are the Princess books and are about $12.

I have a creative and pricey idea. I bought Creative Memories' Mickey icon books for my kids. We are going to use them next time the whole family goes.

outlaw8
01-31-2006, 03:05 PM
They have one that has the picture slots next to the autographs. It is GOLD with the 50th logo and characters around it. It also comes with a gold ink pen attached. The price was around 11.50.

Tinker Bell
01-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't use the gold pin. It does not always work and the gloves make it hard for them to sin there name. I spent the extra on one those big pins they they sell at the park. It is a very good size.

Camthalio
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Don't use the gold pin. It does not always work and the gloves make it hard for them to sin there name. I spent the extra on one those big pins they they sell at the park. It is a very good size.

We also bought the golden autograph book and we used the golden pen that comes with it. No character had problems using it. Minnie even wrote "welcome to my house" and our names in very small letters. The book looks realy nice with the golden sigantures and our photos in it and it reminds us of our wonderful stay!

MermaidHair
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
We also bought the golden autograph book and we used the golden pen that comes with it. No character had problems using it. Minnie even wrote "welcome to my house" and our names in very small letters. The book looks realy nice with the golden sigantures and our photos in it and it reminds us of our wonderful stay!

Question: what color is the paper in the golden autograph book? Sounds like it would have to be a dark color for the pen to show up.

potterphreak
01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
The paper in the gold book is a blue.

:-)

I looking forward to HOPEFULLY an autograph-free trip
l
l
l
l
\/

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 07:10 PM
The paper in the gold book is a blue.

:-)

l
l
l
l
\/Good luck!!! I actually miss the days when my youngest would autograph hunt. I loved when she had the trombone player sign cause her dad played trombone.

losaitkens
01-31-2006, 08:05 PM
We just used the Golden book/ golden pen and it was $12.00 but I did not like the golden pen as it was sometimes hard to see the signature in certain lighting (Animation building as an example) and we almost had a chracter sign over another character's autograph (our fault of course for opening to the wrong page). I switched to the traditional bigger barrelled one after that. Then again I could just be vision challenged, in which case, the gold pen is probably fine :)

nvmom
01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
We made our autograph books and they turned out really cute. I bought 3 very inexpensive mini-photo albums (either 3X5 or 4X6) Before our trip I bought some scrap booking materials and completely re-did the covers. Minnie for our oldest, Princess for our other daughter, and Pooh for our son. We brought plain index cards to the park and a xlg Sharpie. The characters signed the index cards. We took them back to the hotel and slipped each index card into a photo sleeve... then added the photo on facing page when we got home. I got the albums at the Dollar Store... so I'd say I spent $12-15 for the 3 books including cover supplies, cards & Sharpie. :)

nvmom

SandraVB79
02-01-2006, 01:27 AM
I don’t remember the cost of the books, I am sorry.

However, my husband noticed a guy wearing a t-shirt and having the characters sign it in the park, and he thought that would be a great idea for the boys nest time. I think it would be wonderful, however I am not sure my husband realizes how few signatures will fit on a 5-year-olds shirt.

So there is an idea!

Just buy them a larger shirt :)

passthepixiedust
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Is there a particular type of marker/pen that would be easy for characters to use and that would hold up well on a T-shirt ? I think that this is a way-cool idea, but my kids would want to wear the shirts all the time and so the pen would have to be washer-proof..... Has anyone here tried this ?

KDR
02-01-2006, 12:28 PM

Dang. Why would you hope for that? If you keep your eye open you can get some really cool autographs at Disneyland Resort. My wife has some great autographs in her DL autograph book. Nicholas Cage, Margaret Kerry (the original Tinker Bell), Alice Davis, Michael Anthony (bass player for VH), Tony Baxter, Jim Belushi, Kelsey Grammar, Christina Aguilera, Ray Bradbury, etc.

She bought it after we kept seeing celebs at the parks (which means she doesn't have George Lucas, Tom Hanks, or Rita Wilson's autographs, unfortunately). She carries that thing with her EVERYwhere.

bekky
02-01-2006, 01:05 PM
WOW ... you guys have some great ideas ! Thanks so much !!!

doodlebug
02-01-2006, 03:20 PM
We have always done the little autograph books from the park and the last trip I made some from a spiral bound book. This time I found these cute index file folder things that I covered in Disney themed paper.. Then I bought blank index cards that my kids will be able to just pull one out each time they want an autograph and have the character sign it and then file the paper back in the folder. This way I will be able to use the autograph easier in their scrapbooks!!! :) :)

Cherene
02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I purchased a small spiral bound artist book and then purchased the large pen for the autographs. Now I still have the autographs and I can use them in my dd's scrapbook as well.

pkcdust
02-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Try not to use permanent markers... please! :)

The BIG chunky pens that they sell in the park work wonderfully, as the characters can autograph nice and large.

T-shirts are really not that great, since the quality of the signature is usually quite poor.

Best tip for autographs though... make the moment more than a scavenger hunt! Characters love it when they get to play and have fun in Disneyland. Standing and signing autographs isn't a lot of fun on its own... make them sign something silly or ask them a question and have them answer it in the book... :)

bekky
02-02-2006, 12:40 PM
... make them sign something silly or ask them a question and have them answer it in the book

LOVE the idea .. but just out of curiousity - what are some of the questions you would ask different characters ??

doodlebug
02-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I love that idea too!!! Would make it more fun to collect than just the autographs

hlbtimes2
02-02-2006, 02:55 PM
We got the best autograph from Aladin. I'll have to see if I can hunt down that book and scan it- he drew pictures and signed his name. The picture was of him and Jasmine on a flying carpet. He spent a few minutes on it while my dd talked with Jasmine.

Wesley815
02-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Try not to use permanent markers... please! :)

The BIG chunky pens that they sell in the park work wonderfully, as the characters can autograph nice and large.

T-shirts are really not that great, since the quality of the signature is usually quite poor.I agree 110% with all three of those tips! The whole t-shirt idea "sounds" good, but it's extreamly hard to get perfect autographs.

Personally I never (as well as my parents) understood the idea of autographs, I perfered just to say hi to the characters and maybe get a quick picture. But maybe I was just a weird kid since I liked to actually interact with characters instead of shoving a book in their face. ;)

tinksmommy
02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
A friend is planning her DS's 5th bday at the park this fall (hence my next trip as shown counting slowly down...) and one idea we came up with was to do the canvas white bags for party favors and make an iron on that says "Disneyland 2006 (DS's) 5th Birthday" or whatever and include a fabric pen with the favors. The idea being the kids could get their bag signed! That was always my gripe with autograph books - and while my DD who was 7 on our last trip enjoys getting them, once they are signed, they just sit on the shelf next to the one from the last trip...you get the idea. At least with the bag, she can carry stuff in it to school or the library or whatever. (Though I am trying really hard to convince my friend to not put "DS's 5th Birthday" on the bag so it gets more useful!)

SeansMom
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Instead of the twirly light chasers, you might consider glow sticks. We got two huge containers off ebay for cheap, and everyone could wear them as necklaces, bracelets, or just to twirl around. The light chasers we bought at DL never got any use once home, so we opted for the less fancy but just as "glowy" route.