PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating for Fantasmic

meandthree
01-31-2006, 11:31 AM
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the priority seating for Fantasmic? Is it worth it? How early do you have to get there? Can you see it better from the priority seating than from getting there early and staking out a place? Any help is appreciated.

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 12:56 PM
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the priority seating for Fantasmic? Is it worth it? How early do you have to get there? Can you see it better from the priority seating than from getting there early and staking out a place? Any help is appreciated.
Depends on which priority seating you do. There are 2, the balcony and riverside. We do riverside and LOVE it. Balcony is, in my opinion, too cramped. We travel with a lab as a service dog, and it just isn't feasible to put us up there. There is no place to put the dog, leg room is limited, and with 4 teens, plus any extras tagging along, no room for goofiness. BUT, the view, and food, are great. Riverside is down on the water, off to the left of center, with chairs so you aren't seated on the ground, the food is still good (cookies, cakes, sodas, coffee, tea, chocolate, milk) and the view is excellent (in my opinion.) And the staff is the greatest!!!! (Hi Bora and Jr!) The standing area on the bridge has a great view, but you are standing, and waiting. Sitting center stage is great (done it many times) but again, you are on the hard ground, and if you are waiting for 1st show, you often have to stake out at least 2 hours before hand.

stan4d_steph
01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Several previous threads you might want to check out:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=52016&highlight=fantasmic
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=51906&highlight=fantasmic
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=51097&highlight=fantasmic
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=50478&highlight=fantasmic

meandthree
01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I think that we are definitely going to do Riverside. We won't have a puppy with us, but I bet your Lab is much more patient than my 7 and 9 year old. I am so excited, it sounds like a lot of fun!

MsYumiBr
01-31-2006, 03:07 PM
My family has done both Riverside and Balcony (second shows) and we are much happier with the balcony. My girls were 9 and 11. It is worth doing once, especially if you get tickets 1 through 10.

yankeemom
02-01-2006, 04:35 AM
We are also planning to get the balcony seating. This is first I've seem anything about number tickets. Does that happen when you check in?? Do they tell you how early you have to check in?? We are doing first show, as it is our first night in CA and will still be on east coast time. I am not sure about the kids, but I know I won't make it to the later show!

MsYumiBr
02-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Ask when you buy the tickets. There's only about 20 tickets sold for a show. They can tell you how many people bought tickets before you. This is for balcony viewing. Riverside works differently.

If you are staying at the resort, or nearby, and it isn't going to hit capacity in the park, I suggest taking a nap in the afternoon. We actually did this and for the very first time my younger daughter, who falls asleep promptly at 8 every day, could actually watch the whole show and *loved* it. She was 9 and was so wound up from the show that she wanted the soundtrack and sorcerer ears hat! Miss Disneyland veteran with AP has *finally* been hit by the magic!

disneyhound
02-01-2006, 05:17 AM
My DD and I enjoyed Fantasmic from the balcony January 6th. We got the front row. Some folks in the second row of seats stood up for the show. I think it depends how tall the person in front of you is if you end up in the second row (think movie theater). The food and service was great, we were made to feel a bit pampered. I booked the first show; it allowed us to enjoy the fireworks that follow Fantasic from our seats. I think everyone should experience the balcony, if budget allows. We got to the Gallery about 35 minutes before the show. A CM had us sit out in the courtyard. Then another CM called out the guests names and he checked everyones tickets. He returned after 5 minutes or so, and began seating the groups, in order of ticket purchase.