PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Detective School

MonorailMan
04-02-2002, 07:11 PM
A new show must be starting in the "Wonder-Bra" (Fantasyland) theatre, I was looking at this sunday's stuff and saw

Mickey's Detective School - 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM
I bet this is kinda like "Minnie's Christmas Party" only a different plot. :)

Ace
04-02-2002, 07:58 PM
...............whaaaaaa? which one of us is crazy?

tinkfreak
04-02-2002, 08:43 PM
Minus the snow and plus some tired old Dick Tracey style backdrops, it will BE Minnie's freakin' Christmas party. I knew this would happen if MCP got even one positive response. Chalk it up to cheap.

Mouse
04-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Call it cheap but one does not need to spend a lot of money on backdrops to choreograph a good dance routine.

tinkfreak
04-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Who cares! I can see a good dance routine at most high school pep-rallies! I want substance damn you! Beautiful costumes! A plot that interests people over six!

Morrigoon
04-02-2002, 09:53 PM
I still liked Animazement, no matter what Al said about it.

Uncle Dick
04-02-2002, 10:52 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it. At least Minnie's Christmas Party was marginally better than the dreadful Buzz Lightyear show.

justagrrl
04-03-2002, 05:38 AM
Hey - Buzz Lightyear Rocks!

(At least for my kids that are 3 and 7 - I enjoy it just because they do so much.)

MonorailMan
04-03-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it. At least Minnie's Christmas Party was marginally better than the dreadful Buzz Lightyear show.

Personally, I don't see any problem with both shows, good for a little "Kid in you" time. :)

I don't think MDS will be that bad. :)

Mouse
04-03-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
I can see a good dance routine at most high school pep-rallies!
I believe I was ripped off in high school if your high school assemblies rivaled Disney Productions

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it.
The smartest thing I've heard all day.

tinkfreak
04-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Why would Mickey's Detective School have a dance routine in the first place???

I was never ripping on Animazment, BTW, I liked it.

Mouse: Are you IN MDS or something? Jeez.

DisneylandKid
04-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Mouse: Are you IN MDS or something? Jeez. Funny comment :).

(Mouse... I understand, a lot of times I play devil's advocate.)

Mouse
04-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Why would Mickey's Detective School have a dance routine in the first place??? ...
Mouse: Are you IN MDS or something? Jeez.

I am a Disneyland Resort Cast member but I am not in Mickey's Detective Story. I have been lucky enough to see a dance move or two (it does have a number of dance routines in it because it is a musical) and I was impressed. But perhaps I am impressed too easily and Mickey's Detective Story is going to be the load of crap you hope it to be so you have more to complain about.

Just because upper management doesn’t give a new show the budge it deserves it does not mean the cast members truly involved (writers, directors, chorographers, and cast) will not be able to work with what they have to put on a show to the best of their ability.

tinkfreak
04-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Mouse:

Ok first of all, calm yourself, I'm totally kidding around. Second, as a DL resort CM (I'm one too), if you take everything this personally, God help you!

I know that upper managment or whoever "they" are is the cause behind all the current crap we have to deal with so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or something. I'm sure MDS will be just fine. But that's what I'm getting at, things used to be better than just fine. :(

Mouse
04-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Ah Thanks! :)
I feel better now. Sorry, all the blasting of the Mickey's Detective Story has been rubbing me the wrong way. I shouldn’t take it personally and I am sorry for the harsh word as well. No, I do not take everything aimed at Disney to be an attack on myself but I have a positive attitude towards my workplace and some aspects of the park are dearer to me then others.

Morrigoon
04-04-2002, 02:12 AM
I'm not saying it will suck. Like I said, I was very fond of Animazement, which Al hated. (Then again, Al and I can't even agree on Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber, so it should be no surprise that we disagree on other musicals as well ;))

I do have a negative perspective at times, mostly because I see things that were once SO good being replaced with cheap, or worse: not replaced at all. Animazement was great - if they can't beat it, why go to the expense of creating a new show? Only to cut costs. And yet, I'm sure the cost savings are nowhere near what these "savings" are costing the company in future guest visits. But that is an immeasurable number, so the conveniently ignore it.

Mouse, you'd be surprised how many of the folks on this board are or have been CM's (whether or not they publicly admit to it ;)), so you needn't feel in the minority here.