PDA

View Full Version : Dinner plans

Duchess mermaid
01-31-2006, 09:23 AM
I wanted to get everyones opinions on my dining plans while I'm at the park.
It's just me and my husband (we are leaving our 2 year old at home with grandma!!). We are going to be there from Wednesday may 10th to Sunday may14th and Sunday we are just packing and going so i don't have to worry about that. So i need 4 restaurants for dinner. We are eating lunch in the park at whatever is quick and easy.
So far this is my idea

wen-Tortilla Jo's
Thur- Catals
Fri- Jazz Kitchen
Sat-??? has anyone been to Hooks pointe?? It's not just open to hotel guest is it??
I thought it would be a nice break if we left the park to DTD for dinner

Suggestion are welcomed and appreciated!! thanks

KDR
01-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Hook's Pointe is an excellent choice, and one I often forget about. The food is delicious and it's a nice restaurant -- not overcrowded. Mmmm... now I'm getting all hungry!

cstephens
01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
wen-Tortilla Jo's
Thur- Catals
Fri- Jazz Kitchen
Sat-??? has anyone been to Hooks pointe?? It's not just open to hotel guest is it??

I like Tortilla Jo's, and I love Catal, but I am seriously not a fan of Jazz Kitchen. Our dinner experience was less than stellar, and I don't envision returning until someone I know and trust tells me they had a great experience there. Actually, a really good friend had a good dinner there sometime the end of last year, but I'm still not inclined to go back unless forced.

I haven't been to Hook's Pointe recently, but I remember liking it there, even though the menu is a bit limited. You don't have to be a hotel guest to eat there.

If you feel like splurging, I'd definitely recommend Napa Rose, especially since you'll be kidless on this trip.

Have a great time!

Squishy
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Catal's is great, but I would say to skip Jazz Kitchen (nothing special) and Tortilla Jo's (very overpriced and terrible food, unless you do the fast food window outside for lunch).

I would recommend Storytellers at the GCH, Rainforest Cafe, and either ESPN Zone or Naples. Napa Rose is a great idea, but can be very expensive.

Duchess mermaid
01-31-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't want to go to Rain forest cause we have one nearby. It's a rule we have that when we go on vacation we don't go to restaurants that we could go to at home. That and I'm not a big fan of their food.
ESPN zone sound nice maybe we should go there instead of jazz kitchen? My husband is a musician and I thought he might enjoy jazz kitchen. Whats wrong with it? is it service or bad food, or all of the above? Do they normally have live music?

cstephens
01-31-2006, 11:44 AM
ESPN zone sound nice maybe we should go there instead of jazz kitchen? My husband is a musician and I thought he might enjoy jazz kitchen. Whats wrong with it? is it service or bad food, or all of the above? Do they normally have live music?

Here's my review from December 2003 (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/jazzkitchen120703.html).

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't want to go to Rain forest cause we have one nearby. It's a rule we have that when we go on vacation we don't go to restaurants that we could go to at home. That and I'm not a big fan of their food.
I haven't been here, but my ex did and he liked it. The House of Blues. He too is a musician. Should have seen everyone when he heard Stompy Jones was playing NYE at DL.

Duchess mermaid
01-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I haven't been here, but my ex did and he liked it. The House of Blues. He too is a musician. Should have seen everyone when he heard Stompy Jones was playing NYE at DL.

House of blues or Jazz Kitchen?

mckygirl99
01-31-2006, 01:24 PM
If you feel like splurging, I'd definitely recommend Napa Rose, especially since you'll be kidless on this trip.

Also if you want to splurge, try the Vineyard Room in DCA! My husband and I went there for our anniversary and had a great time! The food was excellent (liked it better than Napa Rose) as was the service. It has an open air feel but there are heaters inside so it is not too cold. The wines were wonderful. I highly recommend it!

Wendi
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
It's just me and my husband (we are leaving our 2 year old at home with grandma!!). We are going to be there from Wednesday may 10th to Sunday may14th and Sunday we are just packing and going so i don't have to worry about that. So i need 4 restaurants for dinner. We are eating lunch in the park at whatever is quick and easy.
So far this is my idea

wen-Tortilla Jo's
Thur- Catals
Fri- Jazz Kitchen

Hook's Pointe is very good... but Yamabuki is better!!!

mcow1
02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
So far this is my idea

wen-Tortilla Jo's
Thur- Catals
Fri- Jazz Kitchen

I've had good food and good experiences at all of those restaurants.

Burnt Toast
02-02-2006, 11:50 AM
wen-Tortilla Jo's
Thur- Catals
Fri- Jazz Kitchen

I'm not a huge fan of Tortilla Jo's. It was really good before they opened and they were doing their food tests for Resort Hotel Cast Members, but after that it wasn't the same. Last time I went there after that I had just a simple mexican salad and even that I didn't really like.

Hook's Pointe is open to the public. Most all hotel restaurants in the nation are... and that's because those locations get a lot of their revenue from people not staying at the hotel... well, that's one of the facts that I remember from my Intro. to Hotel Hospitality course. 8:D Never been to Hook's myself, but I do like Granville's.

Jazz Kitchen is great though... I really like the food there even though a lot of it is spicy or is seafood (two things I won't eat). This holiday I went and had the Turducken... that was interesting but good.

Malcon10t
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
House of blues or Jazz Kitchen?
He liked the House of Blues.