PDA

View Full Version : My 3/29 - 3/31 trip and a few questions

PinkFloyd
04-02-2002, 12:33 PM
My sister, niece and I just returned from DLR and had a great time. We stayed at the Paradise Pier which was better than expected. We enjoyed the coffee maker (which our rooms at the DLH did not offer) and our own entrance to DCA. Unfortunatly the parks were very crowed during our stay, however we did take the advice of those experienced Mouse Planeter's and arived at the park very early. I was able to experience nearly everything on my list (Dole Whip, Mint Julip, Blast, 100 Mickey exhibit). After I convinced my niece to ride Screamin' with me, we were eating at Avalon Cove on Sun. when the ride broke down. Neadless to say she backed out when she saw the car screach to a halt right before the first drop and the evacuation of the ride. Overall we had a great time but we do have a few questions for you Disney experts out there:

* When did they add a Spanish saftey spiel on the HM? It was not played on Fri. or Sat. and heard it for the first time on Sun. It sounds very bizzare.

*What types of foods were offfered when Dland first opened? I belive the Chicken of the Sea and Aunt Jamima Pancake house were there but what else? If I remeber correctly ODV was non-existant at the time with the exception of soda stands? Does anyone remember/know?

Thanks for letting me share my experiences!

zapppop
04-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by PinkFloyd

* When did they add a Spanish saftey spiel on the HM? It was not played on Fri. or Sat. and heard it for the first time on Sun. It sounds very bizzare.

I also heard this for the first time Sunday and was VERY upset over it.
They also replaced the original Small World safety speils for some odd reason.

Uncle Dick
04-02-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by PinkFloyd
*What types of foods were offfered when Dland first opened? I belive the Chicken of the Sea and Aunt Jamima Pancake house were there but what else? If I remeber correctly ODV was non-existant at the time with the exception of soda stands? Does anyone remember/know?

Thanks for letting me share my experiences!
I'm way too lazy to look it up for myself, but you may want to check out Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com/), a web site featuring a list of old attractions, shops and restaurants. I'm sure you can find some info there.