PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2005 at the Disneyland Resort

cstephens
01-29-2006, 09:44 PM
A little late, but I've put a page together with some sights around the Disneyland Resort from the 2005 Christmas season. Here's the link: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrchristmas2005.html.

Thanks!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Absolutely WONDERFUL photos! I NEED to go to DL at Christmas this year. Thank you for sharing.

Raven
01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the great pictures...we were there December 2005. Holidays at Disneyland are my absolute favorite!

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the great pictures...we were there December 2005. Holidays at Disneyland are my absolute favorite!
So were we! 11 days! And Christmas at Disneyland is the best!!!! (Making mental note to start my reservations now for next year!)

CarlieB
01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Great photos!:)

MonorailGuy82
01-31-2006, 05:20 PM
I was at Disneyland for Thanksgiving and I went again the week before Christmas. I love DL during the Holidays. I was also at Disneyland this past weekend and with it being so close to my Holiday visits, it just seemed so empty and bland. Especially when you enter the park on Mainstreet and instead of a huge tree, there is NOTHING. Haha.

One thing about 2005's Holiday season at DL...because of the 50th Anniversary, the Holidays were not celebrated as much. Main Street especially was not as decorated as usual. The combination of the 5oth with the Holidays made for a great experience though!

GrumpyUTboi
02-01-2006, 07:13 AM
I hated DL at Christmas time. There were SO MANY PEOPLE that we could not enjoy much of the resort. We did however enjoy DCA where the crowds were about 1/4 the size. We'll stick to Halloween this year.

cstephens
02-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I hated DL at Christmas time. There were SO MANY PEOPLE that we could not enjoy much of the resort.

True, the crowds do have to be dealt with, but that's gonna happen in summer and on holidays throughout the year. At least at Christmas, you've got a beautifully Christmas-decorated resort to look at too.

olegc
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
True, the crowds do have to be dealt with, but that's gonna happen in summer and on holidays throughout the year. At least at Christmas, you've got a beautifully Christmas-decorated resort to look at too.

my family has resigned itself to going to the resort twice a year. Once to go on many attractions a full day - and the second is to come during the holidays, see the special events and shows, and take in the decorations. I must admit not everyone in my group is as giddy as I am at Christmastime for the DLR - but this is how we have managed it.

This is of course easier since we're local. If you're an out of towner I would strongly suggest a multi-day trip. It's the only way to cope with the ever increasing crowds.