PDA

View Full Version : April 1st at Dinsyland - A joke?

HBDisneyPrincess
04-02-2002, 12:14 PM
What I day I had yesterday at Disneyland. I went with a friend from Texas who had only been once...1n 1995. Luckily, he was military so he had a park hopper so he could see a bit of DCA too.

We spent the morning at DCA and everything was fine. Then we headed over to Disneyland. Yes it was crowded, we were expecting that.

However, we weren't expecting Big Thunder Mountain to break down three times (that we know of.) It was like a bad joke. Every time we went to use our fast pass it was broken down. The second time, we walked by and they were broken down. So we got on the Mark Twain. As we were leaving the dock, we saw that Big Thunder had opened back up. By the time we had returned from our trip around the Rivers of America, they were again emptying the line out.

While waiting in line for Matterhorn one side broke down and added 30 minutes to our wait.

At 8:45 we went to use our Pirate's Fast Pass and it was broken down (it was opened again after the fireworks. )

Anyone else have this kind of luck yesterday?

DisneylandKid
04-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Fortunately, I returned to Pirates right after it reopened, and we did Thunder Mountain when it was working. When on the Monorail, I did notice the HUGE line outside of the Matterhorn and I could see that none of the bobsleds were moving. Great April Fools joke, Paul!

Techie7
04-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Well I didn't get to go on pirates (April 1st) either because SOMEONE had to have a diet coke. Either that or the park closed an hour early. :D Actually I thought the lines were all fairly small but I did not get into the park until about 8:00. I went on much of Fantasyland and Big Thunder with Not Afraid and Cemeinke. Sorry to hear that attractions were having so much trouble. Be glad that it was yesterday instead of a few weeks ago. Pirates, Splash, Space, 1/2 Fantasyland all closed for rehab. Then during the day at one point Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Indy, and Mansion all were 101 (Broken). When the line for its a small world is above two hours you know its time to go home.

Quote of the Day: (While waiting for Fireworks next to Snow White facing the castle, a older lady asks her party) "Which way is the castle?" Hmmmmm... It was hard to not laugh out loud

Techie7
04-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I did notice the HUGE line outside of the Matterhorn and I could see that none of the bobsleds were moving.

I did get to hear a great all call over the Matterhorn PA system... "The lights on the Matterhorn will be turning on..." Followed by all the work lights turning on. Quite exciting ;)