PDA

View Full Version : DCA/DL Expansions?

Disney Daddy of 4
01-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I am not sure where I heard this. I thought it was from a CM. Are there plans to update DCA's Pier area? Also I thought I remember someone saying that the Timone parking area was to be converted into more DCA park... Is any of this true and what are the target dates?

Are there any plans to expand DL? I know that it is getting tight, but what about the area behind Toon Town? What if any are the plans for the area between Rivers of America and Thunder Mountain railroad? Any other KNOWN updates welcome.

Disney Daddy of 4
02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Anything?

Darkbeer
02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
EVERY Project is on hold, with the exception of the Finding Nemo Ride, and the Pirates redo, due to the Pixar merger. (Basic refurbs like painting, and the Redwood Creek rope replacement will continue).

A lot of things are being discussed, and expect to see a LOT of changes at DCA, but maybe even some more new stuff at Disneyland.

stan4d_steph
02-02-2006, 07:37 AM
There's more room to expand into the existing Timon parking area. Some of that was used for the previous expansions of Bug's Land and ToT.

Fingers crossed that the merger will inject some new life into the planning. :)

findin mickeys
02-02-2006, 07:45 AM
I have heard of some rumors about an "Incredibles" rollercoaster or simulation ride (like Spiderman at universal) with a target of around 2009. I am not sure how true that is and could just be rumor, but I would expect that Darkbeer is right on and that the merger with Pixar may spark some more changes. Especially to DCA.

Darkbeer
02-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Let me clarify, the Monorail project is still moving ahead, but it is being reviewed. Even Finding Nemo is being looked at for possible changes. Pirates is also going to get the once-over, but due to time constraints, folks inside doubt that anything major will change.

These types of holds are typical in business when someone new is placed in charge, but they do give folks hope that things will get better :)

Alas, only time will tell as to what will happen, I think more will be known in the next few months...