PDA

View Full Version : Where to find attendance figures

JoeCanadian
04-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if there is any way of obtaining attendance figures for DCA for the 2001 year? I'm trying to track down projected attendance figures and actual headcounts. I've been digging around Al's D-I-G archive and found quite a lot of interesting information, but it'd be nice if I could find out where he's getting his info.

Uncle Dick
04-02-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JoeCanadian
Does anyone know if there is any way of obtaining attendance figures for DCA for the 2001 year? I'm trying to track down projected attendance figures and actual headcounts. I've been digging around Al's D-I-G archive and found quite a lot of interesting information, but it'd be nice if I could find out where he's getting his info.

He's certainly not getting it by asking around at Guest Relations. Disney does not release attendance figures in any way, shape, or form. Al's sources are obviously high ups who are snitching. I guess befriending someone back in TDA would be your best bet.

JeffG
04-02-2002, 04:36 PM
You can find full-year estimates from Amusement Business magazine, which is a pretty widely respected industry publication. Their numbers are not official ones provided by the parks, but are widely accepted as being generally accurate estimates developed through market research and analysis.

If you are looking for exact numbers and projections, those figures are considered by Disney to be company-confidential. You can find a lot of rumored figures online that supposedly come from inside sources, but you can't really be assured that any are accurate. In fact, you will likely find some pretty wide variation between numbers reported by different "inside sources".

-Jeff

JoeCanadian
04-02-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by JeffG

If you are looking for exact numbers and projections, those figures are considered by Disney to be company-confidential. You can find a lot of rumored figures online that supposedly come from inside sources, but you can't really be assured that any are accurate. In fact, you will likely find some pretty wide variation between numbers reported by different "inside sources".

[laughs] I know what you mean. I still find it funny people think Al's inside source is the popcorn guy. We all know the office janitor is the guy to go to:D

But I'll bet Disney does have a group of toughs to help certain people "un-remember" any sensitive information they happen to come across...I think the memory erasing device is a sock full of quarters:D

Thanks for the info

Oh, do you know if Al's figures for attendance would stand up in a college formal report?