PDA

View Full Version : How much are Golden Mickey Mouse Ears?

Pages : [1] 2

PinkFloyd
01-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know how much the Golden Mickey Mouse Ears are in the park? I'm trying to decide if it would be cheaper to ask my sister to pick them up or but them online. Thanks!

potterphreak
01-29-2006, 11:14 AM
$10.50 for kids and $11.50 for adults (give or take $1.00).

Hope that helps!

TowerofTerror
01-29-2006, 11:22 AM
I think that correct I second his information

DISNEYLAND GUY
01-29-2006, 11:35 AM
yes, i just bought some on friday

they are 11.50

DisneyDustin22
01-29-2006, 11:36 AM
They are worth their weight in gold. Actually, they are worth so much more. ;)

kimbopotamus
01-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Where is a good place in the park to get them monogrammed? Will they do middle names if you have proof of the name?

hlbtimes2
01-29-2006, 01:41 PM
As long as it is name, they dont really care if it is first or middle. Mine say "mom" which I'll have you know, is not my first or middle name!

DISNEYLAND GUY
01-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Where is a good place in the park to get them monogrammed?

They will do the Embroidering at the Mad Hatter on Main Street in Disneyland, and Greetings from California! in Disney's California Adventure.I do not know if they do the embroidering at other locations, for i have only ever gotten them done at The Mad Hatter, and at Greetings from California!. On Friday (1/27) I had mine Embroidered at Greetings from California!, and there was no line at all, i had my ears done in about 2 Minutes. It was very fast, which was pleasing, and didnt have a line like the Mad Hatter usually has.

Hope that Helps!

DISNEYLAND GUY

kimbopotamus
01-29-2006, 03:50 PM
I remembered reading on here last year that they wouldn't do nicknames so I didn't know it they would do middle names or not. Myself and my daughters have odd middle names (Hope, Hero, and Wise) so I better bring proof just in case:D It would be in their best interest as our first names are all huge and would take them three times longer, LOL!

I am not the OP, but thanks from me for posting the prices and where to get them embroidered! I needed that info too;)

potterphreak
01-29-2006, 04:05 PM
If you have an iffy name you are worried about getting done and are staying at one the DL hotels, Vacation Planning will go into the parks get you your ears with crazy names (for a high price, of course!). We got Sunshine and Darling done thanks to VP (middle names of the two 6 year olds I took). I am hoping to get some 50th ears for my daughters' teachers in February or May, but I don't want it to be their first names. Anyone know if they do Senor So-and-So? Ms. Whatshername? I think that would be such a great thing for a teacher to own-a 50th with their teacher name on it, maybe even display it in their classrooms. For my daughters spanish teacher, I am sure he would wear it all day, LOL. Such a character!! Would appreciate any thoughts on this....

Thanks in advance!! And you're welcome for the price info and I am a girl.

:D

cfrith
01-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure they will do middle names....anyone know?

Malcon10t
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
If you have an iffy name you are worried about getting done and are staying at one the DL hotels, Vacation Planning will go into the parks get you your ears with crazy names (for a high price, of course!). We got Sunshine and Darling done thanks to VP (middle names of the two 6 year olds I took). I am hoping to get some 50th ears for my daughters' teachers in February or May, but I don't want it to be their first names. Anyone know if they do Senor So-and-So? Ms. Whatshername? I think that would be such a great thing for a teacher to own-a 50th with their teacher name on it, maybe even display it in their classrooms. For my daughters spanish teacher, I am sure he would wear it all day, LOL. Such a character!! Would appreciate any thoughts on this....

Thanks in advance!! And you're welcome for the price info and I am a girl.

:DWhen we presented the person with the name Buddie, they informed us "No nicknames." We just looked at them and said "It's not a nickname" and they did it without any further questions.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-29-2006, 05:08 PM
You can also have them monogrammed in Tomorrowland, at the Star Trader. :)

jswtsang
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
You can get them embroidered in Fantasyland at what I thought was called the Mad Hatter, it's next to the tea cups. It's 1 dollar extra for the minnie mouse bow.

jt

TTFN92
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
They can also be embroidered at the Mad Hatter in Fantasyland. I have also found that some CMs are better than others. It got my son one and she put a Mickey Mouse head after his name that was so cute. When I went on a different trip and got my other son one, I asked if she could do the MM head and she said no. Plus his name wasn't as pretty as the other one. So, you might want to look at the work that they do and choose whose writing you like the best.

And just an FYI, the gold Minnie sequined head band is $18. I didn't even look before I bought it and was shocked! I was expecting about $12, but oh well, I think they are great :) .

Oh, I just wanted to tell I Heart Disneyland that that cake is beautiful! Did you make it?

WITron
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Also at the Mad Hatter in Tomorrowland they will embroider them. If you don't know where that is it is on the side of Innoventions by the Autopia. One thing to remember about there is that they close before the park does. I was fortunate when we went and was one of the last ones for the night.

Leli
01-30-2006, 09:38 PM
My best friend is rather proud of her last name, however they wouldn't let her use it even with proof with her driver's license. Her last name is Pickle, kind of like the Rugrats, minus the s.

PeoplemoverMisser
01-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Is Greetings the only DCA location that carries them?

CrazyTrain
01-31-2006, 06:51 AM
Well, I have my first and "middle" name on mine... It's my nickname of sorts but what I go by. There were no problems in getting it done.

kimbopotamus
01-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Which leads me to another question, will they do initials? My Mom abhores her first name and uses her initials (first and middle name) which happen to be M.E. She always signs letters and such as ME. It would be cute if they could monogram that for her, but I am thinking not. It sounds like certain CMs will make exceptions, while others stick to their rules.

JookyG
01-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Also at the Mad Hatter in Tomorrowland they will embroider them. If you don't know where that is it is on the side of Innoventions by the Autopia. One thing to remember about there is that they close before the park does. I was fortunate when we went and was one of the last ones for the night.

The hat shop in Tomorrowland by the Autopia is called "Hatmosphere." It's easy to find, regardless what you call it, but I make the point only because it's a funny name :)

Shadowcat
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Do they sell the golden mouse ears with the elastic chin straps for toddlers too? I just know if I don't get one like that for my daughter we will lose it for sure on the rides. LOL!

WITron
01-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Do they sell the golden mouse ears with the elastic chin straps for toddlers too? I just know if I don't get one like that for my daughter we will lose it for sure on the rides. LOL!
The kid's hats have the straps. We bought one for each of our daughters. One was the todlers and the other was the kid size and they both had straps.

SandraVB79
02-01-2006, 01:31 AM
That brings me to another question: how do you keep those ears ON your head? That's basically the main reason why I didn't buy them in October (still mad about myself for that, going back to buy them!!!)
I mean, i have all those curls on my head :rolleyes: and there is just no way they will stay on. My other ears don't have that problem, but they are a different kind... I just don't know the English words to describe them.
(of course, there are also my natural ars, that are very well fixed to my head :rolleyes: :D )

PrincessLeia
02-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Bobby pins!!! Bring 2-4 and those ears will be secure all day ;)