PDA

View Full Version : Meals are planned

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-29-2006, 07:04 AM
First day, we are going to eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe.
Second day, lunch at Blue Bayou
Third day, lunch at Goofy's Kitchen
I have booked our PS for BB and GK. We are set. I figure if we eat one big meal each day, then we can just much the rest of the day, Whitewater Snacks, Pizza Port, Award Wieners etc. I am still hoping to keep to my $40 a day food budget, but I have some wiggle room with that.
My son is very excited for this mommy and me time, as am I. I also think it will be good for my DH to spend some one on one with my terror, I mean 2yo! LOL

rentayenta
01-29-2006, 07:07 AM
First day, we are going to eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe.
Second day, lunch at Blue Bayou
Third day, lunch at Goofy's Kitchen
I have booked our PS for BB and GK. We are set. I figure if we eat one big meal each day, then we can just much the rest of the day, Whitewater Snacks, Pizza Port, Award Wieners etc. I am still hoping to keep to my $40 a day food budget, but I have some wiggle room with that.
My son is very excited for this mommy and me time, as am I. I also think it will be good for my DH to spend some one on one with my terror, I mean 2yo! LOL

$40 a day for you and your 4 y/o? That should be doable especially if you share at the non-buffet places.

Your plans look great!

Wendi
01-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Sounds great... you'll have to tell us how you liked Goofy's Kitchen when you get back. I haven't been there in ages, but I'd like to go again soon. If you go to Rancho del Zocalo you'll definitely be able to share a meal. I got the shrimp last time and Max and I didn't even finish it (and it was really yummy too... chipotle mashed potatoes... mmm)

You can also get two kids meals at the counter service places if you find the menu appealing. I got a hot dog kids meal for Max at WWS and it was a gigantic footlong hotdog on a mound of fries that filled the whole cook'd up comix box!!! Crazy... Another thing at WWS... I'll get a tuna sandwich which comes with lettuce/tomato etc, I grab a salad dressing and have that part as a salad instead of a sandwich topping (can't get the sandwich in my mouth as it is anyway because it's so big!)

DangerMouse
01-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey Lori. Your meal plan looks great. I am still undecided on Goofy's Kitchen for my mommy and me trip with my 5 year old son. I guess I better hurry up and make a decision. Can you tell me what the price is if you do the last seating for breakfast (so you can carry over into lunch). I've heard this is a good time to go.

Are you staying at the HoJo again? I have us booked there at an excellent Entertainment Rate of $49, but am waiting and praying for a DLH special. Sure wish they woud release some AP rates for February. :mad: The main reason I want to stay on property is so we can get early entry Monday and Tuesday. I hate playing this waiting game.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey Lori. Your meal plan looks great. I am still undecided on Goofy's Kitchen for my mommy and me trip with my 5 year old son. I guess I better hurry up and make a decision. Can you tell me what the price is if you do the last seating for breakfast (so you can carry over into lunch). I've heard this is a good time to go.

Are you staying at the HoJo again? I have us booked there at an excellent Entertainment Rate of $49, but am waiting and praying for a DLH special. Sure wish they woud release some AP rates for February. :mad: The main reason I want to stay on property is so we can get early entry Monday and Tuesday. I hate playing this waiting game.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

My 4yo is very picky and if we snack all day, one big meal will hold us over. I plan on eating a big breakfast, Mimi's or Denny's, and then the one big meal at the park.
I might change our PS at Goofy's to the first night, depending on how the schedule looks for parades and fireworks, on Thurs. and Fri., don't want to miss those.
I am not sure about the prices of the Goofy meals. Sorry.
Yeah, we are at Hojo's. Since DH is a pilot, they give a great airline rate, $49, same as the entertainment rate. BUT, if they come out with DLH AP rates that are close to HoJo's we will move over there. I am not to worried about it though, we don't spend much time in the room and I really like Hojo's.

nvmom
01-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow! Sounds like so much fun.
We may also be there Mar 2-6, I'll know for sure next week. We did the Princess breakfast at the Plaza last Mar and loved it! (I know, one of the few w/a success story for this meal.) I'm trying to decide about Goofy's kitchen for this trip?

nvmom