PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland attractions + age limit of child?

josephfive
01-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Is there an age restriction for children to ride an attraction by themselves, ex. Peter Pan or Mr. Toad?

Thanks so much!

StonePrincess
01-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Yes, in order for a child ride by themself I think they have to be 8. It might be 9 though. I can't quite remember.

DangerMouse
01-29-2006, 06:28 AM
The age restriction to ride alone is 8 years old.

Genris
01-29-2006, 06:38 AM
I saw that this time, and hadn't noticed it before. DS is 6, and has been riding those rides with an older sister (and without us) for years now. Probably since his sister wasn't even 8. Is that new, or have I just not been paying attention?

Anyway, they rode together again, as usual, even though he's two years short of the age cut off, and no one said anything. I saw plenty of smaller kids than mine riding alone too. I would guess it depends on the kids. Maybe they are worried about kids touching thing, or getting off the ride, if they are alone?

momuvseven
01-29-2006, 07:19 AM
My twins have been riding with older siblings since they were four and their brother and sister were 8 & 9. Never a problem. I have never seen any information except for the rides with height requirements. My children are all small for age as well so people usually think they are younger than they are.

josephfive
01-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Thank you so much for your quick answers. I'll be heading to DLR tomorrow with 2 adults and 5 kids, aged 6, 6, 6, 4, and 4. All pretty much average height. So that makes a grand total of seven which isn't the best number for the Fantasyland rides. Don't want to disappoint them so we may just skip the dark rides. Oooh but then we can't do Buzz. Hmmm that may be a problem.

Thanks again for your help!!

~ Jo5

potterphreak
01-29-2006, 08:29 AM
I was informed on Buzz that the age to ride alone was 7. This was on Buzz and Dumbo. What I don't understand is the two 6 year olds we had with us had ridden SEVERAL times alone on that trip and then on our last day when we were hoping to get a better picture of them together on Buzz, one CM said it was 7. Go figure! LOL Before that one time, no one said anything. So, give it a try, especially on Buzz as that is moving so slow and you can keep a constant eye on the kids in front of you, if the CM doesn't say anything I don't think 6 would be a problem.

DCAWhites
01-29-2006, 08:56 AM
As for kids under 7 riding with an older kid, the older kid should be 54" tall.

junglemom
01-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Just got back yesterday and my 5 year old could ride with my 10 year old on all the rides but not always with my 7 year old. 7 year old could do a single rider on mullholland madness. On Buzz they told me they had to be 7 to ride without a parent. One day I had the 2 little ones and took them on the Matterhorn and they didn't question the 5 year old sitting alone in front of me alone, while I sat with the 3 year old. Was that confusing??? So overall I think 7 is the general ride consensus to ride alone and little ones can go with 10 year olds or older.:)

DCAWhites
01-30-2006, 12:44 AM
I believe as long as you are in the same ride vehicle as them its alright, hence why the 5 year old could ride alone on the matterhorn (same bobsled, seperate row) but not buzz lightyear (seperate vehicle).

theprincesses
02-01-2006, 08:34 AM
The majority of the rides require that the rider be 7yrs or 54" tall to ride alone. A child under 7 can ride with an older child as long as that child is over 54". On certain rides like Snow White or Pinnochio a child under 7 can ride in the front seat with the adult riding in the back seat. Also small children are always supposed to enter the vehicle first with the largest rider sitting near the opening as a safety measure. This is especially true on Dumbo.

MermaidHair
02-01-2006, 05:49 PM
This thread surprised me. I had no idea there was an age minimum. On their trip in Jan 05 my sister said her DDs (age 2 & 5 at the time) were allowed to ride Winnie the Pooh by themselves. It was a slow day at the park, if that makes a difference.