PDA

View Full Version : "Battery Battle" Back yet?

BlastFanatic
04-01-2002, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry if this question is starting to get annoying but I just have to know! I can't sleep at night thinking that they haven't been showing this! J/K I sleep just fine, but I must know...IS "BATTERY BATTLE" BACK YET AT THE POWER OF BLAST! ? Has anyone actually seen it being played yet since Saturday, March 30? No rumors plz...or April Fools jokes:D Also could you describe any changes that have been made to it? I heard that only "the rack" portion would be back but not the "battle." I'm not sure how they could do it without the battle but thanks for anything you guys can tell me.

Speaking of dreams...I had a weird one the other night of me being thrown into the show to perform "Battery Battle" because it absolutely had to be put back in the show and they didn't have any new drummers for it. However, I had no clue as to how to play the thing. I messed up the whole show and they kicked me out of disneyland Resort forever and they ended up canceling Blast! for the rest of the year to be replaced by Steps in Time :eek: After going home and into my room I ended up in Disneyland jail behind main street for some reason.......

Uncle Dick
04-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by BlastFanatic
Also could you describe any changes that have been made to it? I heard that only "the rack" portion would be back but not the "battle." I'm not sure how they could do it without the battle but thanks for anything you guys can tell me.
A few months ago, after Kit left, I believe, the segment was slightly modified to include only one drummer at the beginning leading directly into the Rack. After doing his set, the lone drummer just stepped to the back of the stage and was joined by the line. The duel was added back later on (and it seemed to be different from the original version). So I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few changes in store when the Battery returns, if it hasn't already.

Uncle Dick
04-03-2002, 07:34 PM
I saw the 5:15 BLAST! today from my favorite seat (2nd row, right hand side, aisle seat) and the Battery was back in a slightly scaled down form. The segment begins with a single drummer slowly drumming under the black light and quickly builds to 5 more drummers (including "you know who") who proceed with the routine. The rack comes down and four more drummers join in. There is no sign of the dueling drummers. At any rate, it was great to see the Battery back in service. I'll be back tomorrow filming Malaguena from balcony.....

BlastFanatic
04-03-2002, 08:52 PM
This is good news...I can't wait to see it now, I've missed it so much! Can't wait to throw them to throw the battle back in. And who's "you know who?"

Uncle Dick
04-03-2002, 09:11 PM
And who's "you know who?"
Ahem. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/avatar.php?userid=173&dateline=1015301556)
*cough* (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4701)
Ahhhhchoo!! (http://homepage.mac.com/blasthipchick/Video.html)

BlastFanatic
04-04-2002, 04:24 PM
oooooooooooh haha. I haven't been around here long enough to know what you meant by that. Now I know. hehe:D Don't be surprised if I end up sitting next to u one day.

Uncle Dick
04-14-2002, 01:21 AM
So I saw the 1:30 show yesterday and the Battery is gone, again. Looks like they can't get the darn thing to stick. :) Oh, and Cymbal Girl was wearing earplugs. I guess smashing percussive stuff around all day does a number on one's ability to hear.

Matterhorn Fan
04-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Uncle Dick, if you don't find out "Cymbal Girl's" real name soon, somebody else is going to have to do it for you.

Rallymonkey23
04-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Uncle Dick, if you don't find out "Cymbal Girl's" real name soon, somebody else is going to have to do it for you.

I put this on the "I have a crush" post. Her name is Kamaka.

Uncle Dick
04-14-2002, 10:41 PM
Yeah, so I know her name now. But I still prefer to use my colorful descriptive phrases like "Cymbal Girl", "Hot Female Percussionist" and "Temptress of the Tambourine". Referring to her by name would seem too "familiar" to me, and all those people who stopped reading the "Crush" thread after my umpteenth bump would have no idea who or what I was referring to.

Rallymonkey23
04-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
and all those people who stopped reading the "Crush" thread after my umpteenth bump would have no idea who or what I was referring to.

Yeah, I know. I was just letting Matterhorn Fan know her name in case he/she did not get to read it.:D

Anyways, I went and saw Blast! yesterday and the whole drumming part is out! No black light drumming or nothing!!
They went straight from "Bolero" to "Lemontech"

BlastFanatic
04-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Man, I wanted to go saturday just to see "battery battle", but I didn't have time. I guess it was a good thing because I woulda been awfully upset if it wasn't there. Also, I still haven't gotten a good look at the "cymbal girl." The first time I heard ya'll talking about her was a couple days after I last saw it :( However, it might be the same girl that caught my eye that last time....

Also do any of you CM's have any inside info on what's going on with "Battery Battle"??? I'm hoping it's just a temporary break....

Rallymonkey23
04-16-2002, 11:22 AM
I spoke to a Blast! CM and he told me that it should be back sometime next week.:D

BlastFanatic
04-16-2002, 01:01 PM
it should be back sometime next week.

Do you happen to know if it'll be just "the rack" or will it include the "battle"?????

Rallymonkey23
04-16-2002, 03:00 PM

Do you happen to know if it'll be just "the rack" or will it include the "battle"?????

No. I just asked him when the battery battle will be back.:(

Uncle Dick
04-17-2002, 06:31 PM
I saw the 5:15 show today and the rack was back! Still no dueling drummer dudes but the asian drummer guy was on the snare during Bolero so it could be an indication that he is recovering from his wrist injuries.

Cymbal chick had some company in her little rectangle during LOMB. Some other guy was handling the keyboard while she manned the shaker thingy. They seemed to be chatting quite a bit during the number, and it kind of looked like she was training him on it. Whatever. Oh, and I had one of my "friends" take a picture of her after the show a week or so ago (so as not to blow my cover) and it arrived today! Woohoo!! My very own picture.

Uncle Dick
04-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Just today (well, yesterday actually) I noticed that two of the drum setups on the rack had been removed (one from each end). Both had been unoccupied for quite a while and I guess they just decided it looked better if every setup was being used. There's still one empty setup on the right hand side which I assume will be filled once the show gets back up to "full capacity".

Oh, and on an only marginally related note, I finally uploaded the Malagueña segment featuring the hot female percussionist. I had to sacrifice a bit of sound quality to keep the movie at a reasonable (17 MB) size, but the video quality is decent. Check it out. (http://homepage.mac.com/malaguena/.Movies/malahottie.mov)