PDA

View Full Version : Parade Schedule for April

cfrith
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Hello,
We are planning on going to DL around April 24-27 (Mon- Thur). The schedule says there will not be any parades. Is this correct or could they still be updating the calendar? I thought the last time we went (2 years ago in mid May) they still had a parade even though it was in the middle of the week.

Also, do they usually only have Fantasmic on Fri, Sat?

THanks!

cfrith
01-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Is this a really dumb question? Sorry....

neffyh
01-28-2006, 08:07 AM
They are still updating it probably. I dont think you can know exactly what the scuedule is going too be ahead of time, specially almost 3 month ahead.

Disneyland_042006
01-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I would wait at least 4 weeks to see what the parate and entertainment schedule will be. Parades are shown daily. The time is dependant on the Entertainement schedule

ILovePoker
01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
I really doubt they wouldn't have a single parade in the month of April, especially when it's usually a very busy month with Easter and all.

cfrith
01-28-2006, 01:02 PM
So they usually do have parades every day of the week?

potzbie
01-28-2006, 01:41 PM
So they usually do have parades every day of the week?

I can assure you that Disney management does not skimp on EASTER WEEK a.k.a. spring break.

Longer hours.
Extra days for bands at Club Buzz. (Instead of only Saturdays.)

You can tell this because of the BLOCKOUT DATES in April.
The more block out dates, the heavier the entertainment schedule.
This is a good rule of thumb.

We also know that the Disneyland calendar on their web site is never more than about two months filled.
So you cannot get a 4-month or 6-month review of DLR entertainment from their web site calendar.

Remember how confused readers were, when DL didn't have Xmas entertainment up until (approx.) October, last time?
They are slow to commit.

Hey, they didn't have THE FAB FOUR listed for the at one summer weekend until approx. two weeks before the play date.

Hey, the web site is also the last thing to get new restaurant menus posted.

Any menu change reported by MOUSEPLANET will be weeks ahead of the DL web site's update for that menu.

So, if you see no entertainment listed for SUMMER, don't worry.
I don't think DL will shut down, June thru August!!
:D

cfrith
01-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm actually going the very end of April (after Easter and spring break) when the DL hours are shown decreased to 8pm during the week of April 24th. That is why I was worried about the lack of parades.

vicbella2
01-28-2006, 07:05 PM
We went in the off season in Oct '05. There was at least one parade a day during midweek (Mon-Thur) at disneyland. At DCA, I do believe that if Block Party Bash wasn't on then Aladdin was playing. If Block Party Bash was on then Aladdin wasn't playing that day. Again this was only from Monday-Thursday, I believe.

Malcon10t
01-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm actually going the very end of April (after Easter and spring break) when the DL hours are shown decreased to 8pm during the week of April 24th. That is why I was worried about the lack of parades.
There will usually be 1 parade a day. There usually will not be fireworks or Fantasmic! except on Friday and Sat nights.

bbangel
01-31-2006, 03:06 PM
According to the message I got from guest services, they will not finalize the April entertainment schedule until March. They suggested I check the calendar about 30 days prior to my trip for the most accurate picture. I too am going to be there April 27 - May 3.