PDA

View Full Version : [Best Character Breakfast?] OMGosh... I'm so excited!

bekky
01-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Just about to buy my tickets ... the adults pay price of kids deal (119) & decided to call AAA first & they got me an AWESOME deal ... PLUS it includes ( among other things ) an early entry entry to fantasyland (I think .. early entry somewhere ) & a character breakfast.

sooooooooo ...

Now Im not just booking a dinner at the park, but I have to book a breakfast too ... I see that there are a number of places that do the character breakfast & they are different prices.
(found a link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/dining.htm#plazainn )

HERES WHERE YOU ALL COME IN AGAIN .... I need some favorites !

Which one is the best experience in your opinion ?
( all the way around - characters / food / atmosphere etc )

We did breakfast at the Plaza yrs ago & I remember it being delicious

its all coming together & its such a cool feeling ( Im truly more excited than my kids at this point .. haha :p )

* with pref. seating at a cal adventure show .. how does that work on say the Aladdin show ? .. we sat front row balcony before & loved it up there ... do they just let you go in before everyone & pick a seat wherever, or are there designated seats for preferred ?

stan4d_steph
01-27-2006, 04:51 PM
If you do a search on "Character breakfast" you will find tons of information in this forum.

I think the best one is at Storytellers Cafe (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ALB402).

disneyjunkie
01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I would recomend Goofys Kitchen is their are kids in your party , food is buffet style and good and very plentiful ( loads of dessert ) and great creme burlie french toast. Special kid friendly buffet area with breakfast pizza, and dirt and worms for dessert. And most importand the Mocarena and loads of characters! If no kids and you want something a little quieter Storytellers is also wonderful , less characters though ( I think just Chip and Dale ) , the food is a bit more adult orientated . They have a smaller buffet good breakfast fare or order off the menu options. Both are very good meals but the atmosphere is very different and the buffet selections are also very different.

HeatherW8
01-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I have been to ALL the characters brekfasts and I definately recommend Goofy's kitchen. The food is great and the environment is so fun!

cfrith
01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
bekky,
did you book your hotel through AAA too or just the tickets? I'd love to know what kind of deals you got as we're about to book too. Thanks!

bekky
01-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi Cfrith ...

We booked our hotel at the marriott ... my husband is a rewards member so they were able to work somthing out.

We just got the tickets with AAA ... If you have a card I would HIGHLY suggest calling them.

I called and said I was about to just go through Disney directly to get the
deal going ( 119. / 3 day hopper ) but wanted to check with them first to see if I could get any AAA member " perks "
( I told them I didnt need any hotel or anything ) & they were able to include the character bk'fast etc with the price by buying thru them :fez:

kisroo
01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I think the best one is at Storytellers Cafe (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ALB402).

What she said. :D

Have a wonderful trip! Say hello to Mickey and Tink for me!!

~kisroo:)

Wendi
01-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Another vote for Storytellers... the food is soooooo good!!! I can't wait to eat my French Toast... just a few more days!!! Character interaction is more low-key I think (but I haven't done any other character breakfasts in a few years now). It's all about the food though.

MsYumiBr
01-28-2006, 10:58 AM
PS for Aladdin is actually a kind of "fastpass" for the line to the show. You have first choice but make your decision on how and where you go before entering because you will have a mob of people passing you up from behind if you hesitate. The best area is not the front as a lot of people believe. It is actually the back of the lower section or front of the top section. There is action happening above which you can't see if you sit in the front. If you have concierge, you can try to make PS through them. They've been trying to direct everything through vacation planning but you should at least try to do everything through concierge if they will let you. That's what you are paying the extra $140 for right? I used them last year choosing the time of the show and everything and we were put in a special line as opposed just being let ahead of the line behind the people already in the plaza waiting for the doors to open. It didn't help because although we got front and center, by the end of the show my neck was hurting from looking up and behind us to try and see what was going on. All I can say is Good Luck!

prncsmsj
01-28-2006, 05:06 PM
We went to Paradise Pier to the Lilo and Stitch breakfast and loved it. There were less people there, and the characters spent a lot more time with everyone, playing around, too, not just going to each table. The characters were Lilo, Stitch, Hawaiian Minnie, and Max. The food was buffet or menu. We had the buffet -- excellent. They had more than just breakfast foods, plus stuff with a Mexican flair.

wickedbusa
01-28-2006, 06:17 PM
My fiance and I had breakfast with Minnie and friends at the Plaza Inn. It was about $40 with the AP discount and made for a very interesting breakfast. Tigger, Pooh, Chip and Dale, Minnie, Eeyore, and Captain Hook were there and would stop by our table here and there messing around with us while we ate. Pretty fun place to be and a great way to start the day.

MsYumiBr
01-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Does the buffet include Japanese food like rice and miso soup?

(Apologies in advance if it appears I am hijacking the thread.)

hlbtimes2
01-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Does the buffet include Japanese food like rice and miso soup?

(Apologies in advance if it appears I am hijacking the thread.)

I dont think so. That is the other resturant at PP.

David&Emmy's Mom
01-29-2006, 07:12 AM
I am considering booking the Lilo and Stitch character breakfast for our visit the end of March. We will have 9 people in our group, grandparents, sister and her 10 year old twins, DH and our 7 year old twins and myself. Because we have two sets of boy-girl twins this time, the princess breakfast was not acceptible to them. We've done Goofy's twice and would like something new. Something about Storyteller's just isn't very appealing to me. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe it is the list of characters? Anyone been to Lilo and Stitch recently? What time is the last seating? We would like to make this more of a brunch and would like a later seating. Is the Lilo and Stitch buffet as crazed as at Goofy's Kitchen with people coming and going and lots of congestion? Thanks for any insight you can provide!

prncsmsj
01-29-2006, 09:28 AM
We went on Friday, December 16 to Lilo & Stitch. The park was pretty crowded that day, but breakfast was not. There wasn't congestion, even at the egg/omelet station. I haven't been to Goofy's in CA, though, only in FL, so I can't really compare them. Ask the dining line about the last seating time; I think it was just before 11.

The food listed at http://www.dlresortinfo.com/lilo.html was all there, plus pancakes, chicken nuggets, and other kinds of potatoes. The waitress even told us to grab some bagels and fruit to take with us to the park to snack on.

cfrith
01-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi Cfrith ...

We booked our hotel at the marriott ... my husband is a rewards member so they were able to work somthing out.

We just got the tickets with AAA ... If you have a card I would HIGHLY suggest calling them.

I called and said I was about to just go through Disney directly to get the
deal going ( 119. / 3 day hopper ) but wanted to check with them first to see if I could get any AAA member " perks "
( I told them I didnt need any hotel or anything ) & they were able to include the character bk'fast etc with the price by buying thru them :fez:

Wow!
Thanks so much- I was about to book through Disney too, I will call AAA on Monday!!!

David&Emmy's Mom
01-29-2006, 11:04 AM
We went on Friday, December 16 to Lilo & Stitch. The park was pretty crowded that day, but breakfast was not. There wasn't congestion, even at the egg/omelet station. I haven't been to Goofy's in CA, though, only in FL, so I can't really compare them. Ask the dining line about the last seating time; I think it was just before 11.

The food listed at http://www.dlresortinfo.com/lilo.html was all there, plus pancakes, chicken nuggets, and other kinds of potatoes. The waitress even told us to grab some bagels and fruit to take with us to the park to snack on.

Thanks so much, prncsms. I went ahead and booked a 10:20 Priority seating on a Wednesday for Lilo and Stitch. The CM assured me that was the best latest time where we would still get plenty of character interaction. I am getting excited now!

cfrith
01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Just about to buy my tickets ... the adults pay price of kids deal (119) & decided to call AAA first & they got me an AWESOME deal ... PLUS it includes ( among other things ) an early entry entry to fantasyland (I think .. early entry somewhere ) & a character breakfast.hey bekky,

I went to AAA and they have never heard of this offer. What state do you live in? Can you give us more details? Thanks!

bekky
01-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Cfrith .. I sent you email.

Maybe I just got in on a new deal - or one that is discontinued.

Yikes ... they would still honor it I hope, since its all paid for already !