PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Menu at "New" Riverbelle?

dlandnut
01-27-2006, 12:18 PM
If the rumors are true, and they're truly going to make a "new" restaurant at the Riverbelle, and they're truly going to get rid of Bengal BBQ, what would you like to see served at the new restaurant (in case Cast Member Matt is listening, lol)? Also, will this "new" place be a sit-down restaurant, or is it like it currently is, i.e., pay, go through with your tray, pick up your order, and find a seat. :)

stan4d_steph
01-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I would say they should stick to what they've got right now to fit in with the area themeing - i.e. "American" food - BBQ, steaks, mashed potatoes, corn bread etc.

MsYumiBr
01-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Please, please keep the Mickey Mouse pancakes. I haven't found them anywhere else in the park. It's all waffles.

bassett1976
01-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Keep the breakfast menu!

Go back to the former menu that they just stopped... My wife and I used the share a great beef meal and I cannot think of the name of it right now to save my life...

Alex S.
01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
They can keep the pancakes and the surprisingly good fruit place, but I hope they redo the rest of the breakfast menu as it's otherwise terrible.

Due to the lines, I've never eaten there for any meal other than breakfast.

DianeM
01-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Breakfast should stay the same, although it would be nice if they offered some "light" options - like maybe "egg beaters" scrambled eggs. I think we'll get faster service if they make it cafeteria style. But I hope they break away from the hamburger/hot dog/french fries/other junk food menu generally available at the park. Losing bengal bbq will lose the only low carb/low fat option I know of at the park. It would be nice to have some healthy options - like steamed vegetables, fresh fruit, lean meat, etc.

what would you like to see served at the new restaurant (in case Cast Member Matt is listening, lol)? Also, will this "new" place be a sit-down restaurant, or is it like it currently is, i.e., pay, go through with your tray, pick up your order, and find a seat. :)

CrazyTrain
01-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Breakfast should stay the same, although it would be nice if they offered some "light" options - like maybe "egg beaters" scrambled eggs. I think we'll get faster service if they make it cafeteria style. But I hope they break away from the hamburger/hot dog/french fries/other junk food menu generally available at the park. Losing bengal bbq will lose the only low carb/low fat option I know of at the park. It would be nice to have some healthy options - like steamed vegetables, fresh fruit, lean meat, etc.

Agreed! :D

HTanner
01-31-2006, 07:46 AM
When I was a kid, you used to be able to get strawberry or other fruit topped waffles here. They were the highlight of every trip. I wish they would bring those back!

I think it would be nice if it were a sit down place. I agree that it would be nice if they offered some lighter options. Blue Bayou used to offer this fabulous fruit salad which came with your choice of yogurt, cottage cheese or sherbet. That was my other highlight as a kid! They could serve stuff like that! ;)

Maybe they could do a buffet? Similar to Goofy's Kitchen (w/o the characters), but with some signature "Southern" dishes?

prncsmsj
01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
I think a sit down restaturant would be great. I know it would be more crowded and take longer, but I definitely think DL needs more sit down.