PDA

View Full Version : Height Requirements at DL and DCA?

MermaidHair
01-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi - Does anyone have a list of the rides that have height requirements at DL and DCA? I assume that if a ride has a height requirement they offer parent switch for it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

faithbaby
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi - Does anyone have a list of the rides that have height requirements at DL and DCA? I assume that if a ride has a height requirement they offer parent switch for it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Here's the link for you:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/gsDetail?name=HeightRequirementsGSDetailPage

As far as the parent switch goes, I think you are right...

adriennek
01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes, the rides with height requirements have rider switch. You can talk to the cast member who measures children about using it at each ride. They will give you the pass and let you know how to use it. The procedure varies depending on whether the ride has Fast Pass or not.

Adrienne

ILovePoker
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
If you have a child over 4 foot 8, I wouldn't bother asking for a list because the highest height for a ride I believe is 54-56 inches and that's for the Maliboomer and Autopia.

MermaidHair
01-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Here's the link for you:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/gsDetail?name=HeightRequirementsGSDetailPage

As far as the parent switch goes, I think you are right...

Exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

faithbaby
01-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Exactly what I wanted. Thanks!
You're welcome! I hope your little ones make the cut for whatever you want to do. When we went last time my son was only 9 months and we made the mistake of taking my daughter on Splash Mountain FIRST. She rode with her dad and wasn't thrilled. Of course, we planned on the swap so I could go. I told her she didn't need to go again, but she did..and CRIED as soon as we got going! Needless to say, she was scared for the rest of the day. She was 4 at the time. This trip should be way better as we can ALL ride together and she promises not to be scared this time...She's 8 (shoot, now that I think about it, she's darn near 9) so I think we'll have a blast. And, my son has no fear....:D and will only have to pass on a few things that my husband wouldn't want to ride anyway...

MermaidHair
01-27-2006, 04:45 PM
DD is 47 inches so she will be good to go on most things. She is a daring (almost) 5 year old but this is her first trip to DL and it remains to be seen if she loves the big rides or is intimidated by them.

DS, however, is only 37 inches at 2.75 yrs. He will most likely be to afraid of the big rides anyway. I do hope to get him on the Matterhorn and have shown him the video of it to prepare him but he is not too into it yet. Maybe when we get there. I am kinda bummed that the Redwood Creek area in DCA has a height minimium, though. I thought that would be a good run around option in DCA. Oh well, we will figure something else out!

TowerofTerror
01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Well Matterhorn is scary for some kids. The highest requirement for a ride is off hand Indiana Jones at 52 inches look at other at the link provided.

WITron
01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I took my 3 yr old on the Matterhorn and she loved it, except the "ghost", the abominable snowman, was scary. She also loved the AstroOrbiter.

ToursbabeC3po
01-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Indiana Jones is 46 inches not 52. Most rides at Disneyland are 40 inches except for indy which is 46 inches. Mattahorn and Go Gaget are are even lower at 35 inches.
Autopia only has a Hieght if they ride alone but you must be at least one to ride.. With out an adult it is 54 inches.

DCA has much higher hieght requirements. The tallest is 54 inches that is malaboomer.

All children under age 7 must ride with an adult or someone at least 54 inches tall or 16 years of age on any attraction in the park.

gimp_boy76
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I am kinda bummed that the Redwood Creek area in DCA has a height minimium, though. I thought that would be a good run around option in DCA. Oh well, we will figure something else out!

I thought the height requirment was only for certain things (ie the zip line), he should still be able to do the other activities.

TowerofTerror
01-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh my bad I was thinking DCA had the highest Height requirement and that for Mailboomer at 54 inches and Indiana Jone is 46 Inches Thanks ToursBabeC3PO for the correction What is Monster Inc height requirement is it the same as Rodger Rabbit Cartoon Spin.

ToursbabeC3po
01-28-2006, 09:33 AM
That is okay tower the only reason I know is because I worked there ;) As far as I know anyone can ride Monsters inc. I have not had a chance to read the disclaimer for that one yet. I have only been on it once.

Petersgj
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
DS, however, is only 37 inches at 2.75 yrs. He will most likely be to afraid of the big rides anyway. I do hope to get him on the Matterhorn and have shown him the video of it to prepare him but he is not too into it yet. Maybe when we get there. I am kinda bummed that the Redwood Creek area in DCA has a height minimium, though. I thought that would be a good run around option in DCA. Oh well, we will figure something else out!

I took my 3.5 yr old on matterhorn. He got scared and refused to go on any more rides except autopia and the carrousel for the rest of the trip. Two years later now and he still refuses to go on splash, thunder, etc. even though I know he would love it. In hind sight, I wish I hadn't let him go on the matterhorn that early. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it because he's missing out and somebody always has to stay back with him while the rest of us go on the rides.

WITron
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
I took my 3.5 yr old on matterhorn. He got scared and refused to go on any more rides except autopia and the carrousel for the rest of the trip. Two years later now and he still refuses to go on splash, thunder, etc. even though I know he would love it. In hind sight, I wish I hadn't let him go on the matterhorn that early. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it because he's missing out and somebody always has to stay back with him while the rest of us go on the rides.
Alot of it depends on the child. We each know our own children and what they can handle.

ToursbabeC3po
01-31-2006, 06:46 AM
By the way Malaboomer is 52 inches not 54 I was wrong:mad:

adriennek
01-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Jumpin' Jellyfish is 40" but their height stick has been notoriously inaccurate in the past. Children who were measured at other 40" rides and rode with no problem have been called too short at JJ. My son's godmother used a measuring tape from her purse to measure it once and indeed, it measured too tall - I want to say it measured 41"+. They still wouldn't let her daughter on the ride but at least we have verification.

Since this time, several people have reported on our boards that their children were also called too tall to ride JJ but were allowed to ride other 40" rides.

Adrienne