PDA

View Full Version : "Flashback 2006" Offer for AP's (merged)

Shinku
01-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Has anyone checked the AP section of disneyland.com lately? Tonight (I'm not sure if this is days old or not) I noticed this (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/landing?name=AP_FlashbackSpecialOfferDetailPage).

Flashback is an all-volunteer production made up of Disneyland® Resort Cast Members. The show is full of song and dance all in the name of charity. Join us at the Hyperion Theater on March 6, 2006. The show starts at 8:30pm. Tickets go on sale on January 16, 2006 and will be available until March 5, 2006 or until tickets are sold out. Call 714-781-4400 for tickets today.

Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Limit four (4) tickets per Annual Passholder. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) at a designated lot on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event. Offer and event information are subject to restrictions and change without notice. ©Disney

Sounds kind of interesting! I wonder how much tickets are?

Tinker Bell
01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Get your 2006 Flashback Tickets Here!

Flashback is an all-volunteer production made up of Disneyland® Resort Cast Members. The show is full of song and dance all in the name of charity. Join us at the Hyperion Theater on March 6, 2006. The show starts at 8:30pm. Tickets go on sale on January 16, 2006 and will be available until March 5, 2006 or until tickets are sold out. Call 714-781-4400 for tickets today.

Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Limit four (4) tickets per Annual Passholder. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) at a designated lot on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event. Offer and event information are subject to restrictions and change without notice. ©Disney

MsYumiBr
01-27-2006, 05:30 AM
I was wondering when someone was going to say something about this. It's on a weeknight so we can't go. I wonder which charity they will contribute to, or is it a general charity event.

audibleatom
01-27-2006, 07:35 AM
with the title "flashback 2006" i was hoping that it was some obscure offer that let us purchase AP's at the "flashback" rate of the first year we bought a annual pass...that would be cool oh well:rolleyes:

ToursbabeC3po
01-27-2006, 08:07 AM
There are differant prices for differant seats. They run from 45 dollars to 10 unless it has changed since last year.

TowerofTerror
01-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Well I think that still right the ticket price waiting to here from my friend if that the correct .

TLKbroadway
03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey do you know how we should dress for the show?

olegc
03-07-2006, 12:24 PM
this is late - but extremely casual..

Tinker Bell
03-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone going to tell us how it was?

olegc
03-08-2006, 10:15 AM
well, we went Monday night. It was an OK show - but I expected more inside jokes about cast member's jobs at the resort. Essentially four teams of cast members from various parts of the resort did mini-broadway shows based on four ABC tv shows - Lost, General Hospital, Alias, and Desparate Housewives.
Liked - everyone's participation and energy. Some of the singers and dancers (not even in the entertainment department) were awesome. The tap/irish sequence in DH was cool!. Sound and lighting were good. The gypsy bit was funny because it was ad-libbed a little.
Disliked - length of show delays (so many vignettes that required set changes that it extended the show), the blatant advertising and "isn't ABC great" mantra from the hosts and videos. It was almost like they were pitching how awesome ABC was to the cast members. And the dig against Pixar was unecessary - even if it was expected...

One more dislike - at least for me - was the blatant favoritism for the win by the blue team which included TDA and Entertainment. Yeah, they had good parts, but winning every single category was a little blatant in the political department.

if they offered it again I'd go - but I wanted to see more original stuff involving stuff around the resort - not the Walt Disney Company. But it's not about what I want - it's for cast members and the charities..

TLKbroadway
03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi there. I went also and it was fun. I do agree about the ABC thing and the Pixar jokes. Kind of annoying and sad.

I didn't think that the Blue team deserved to win everything. I thought that the Desperate Housewives team should have won something. Also, Lost was great too.

Tinker Bell
03-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Who decide the winner?

olegc
03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Who decide the winner?

there was a panel of judges... some from the theme park, some from ABC...

they had all of this in a nice program they handed out - included face shots of all cast memebers on each team. The cast members had been rehearsing for two or three months prior to this... the event is in it's 8th year i think - someone correct me.

ChipmunkStar
03-08-2006, 07:53 PM
*disclaimer, this is the first year in five years I haven't participated in Flashback as a performer*

I'd just like to take a chance to point out that the last time the team Entertainment happened to be on won more than one category was in 2001, when we had our "Don't Be A Foreign Exchange Student in the Hood While Drinking Your Cup of Tea" show. The only thing Entertainment's teams have won since has pretty much been choreography (cuz let's face it, our choreography is usually pretty fierce for a team of over 30 people to do in sync).

This year they had amazing vocals (But when a certain male soloist is on an team, he's pretty much untouchable), Hot choreography, and my personal favorite thing: Less blackout time than the other teams. While Desperate had a few good duets, and many people I love happened to be on the General Hospital team, I think the judges were right on this year. Lost was trying too hard to be the show itself, General Hospital was soap-opera-y enough without trying to actually be General Hospital, and Desperate Housewives made its own nice story from the DH setup. Alias made its own mission and incorporated choreography into said mission, rather than trying too hard to be its inspiration.

Good call this year. I'll be back on the stage for it next year.

ChipmunkStar
03-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah.... Rehearsals for this year's show started in January. The programs are handed out each year, though this year the headshots seemed to be much closer to each person's face than was really necessary.

I believe the judges were mostly from ABC, but I do recall seeing that some of them had actually started their careers in Disneyland Park. There were a few people from Disneyland Management that also acted as judges.

This is the first year that an "outside" force (ABC) has helped with the funding, judging, and production of Flashback that I'm aware of though.

fredc
03-09-2006, 06:36 AM
I really did enjoy the show and am glad that they invited annual passholders to the show.

My only complaint was the lack of information provided us in advance. I did not know that the annual passholder seats were in the balcony. They also forgot to tell us that parking was in the Timone lot and the entrance to the show was behind the tower hotel. Like others I parked in the normal structure and waited quite a while outside the main gates. Finally a security guard came by and asked us what we doing. He left and came back in a few minutes to tell that we had to walk around to the back of the park. At the end we also had to walk back to the parking structure from the back of California Adventure. All this walking in the rain.

But the show was terrific and well worth the small admission price.

blewellen
03-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I really did enjoy the show and am glad that they invited annual passholders to the show.

My only complaint was the lack of information provided us in advance. I did not know that the annual passholder seats were in the balcony. They also forgot to tell us that parking was in the Timone lot and the entrance to the show was behind the tower hotel. Like others I parked in the normal structure and waited quite a while outside the main gates. Finally a security guard came by and asked us what we doing. He left and came back in a few minutes to tell that we had to walk around to the back of the park. At the end we also had to walk back to the parking structure from the back of California Adventure. All this walking in the rain.

I was able to get back area Orchestra seats.. They must of only had a few available? I too parked in the Parking Structure but we went into Disneyland to watch the last set of Push and to eat dinner. We actually waited around to see the 7pm parade but it was replaced by Mickey's Rainy Day Calvacade because of the rain in the area. We too was waiting outside the gates and knew something was up when it was past 8pm and not many people were there. But we had no idea where to go, so we just waited till the security guard came by. It was a long walk down the tram route to the entrance by TOT. At least I know we weren't the only ones that had no idea where to go. It would of been nice to know where to park. That was a long walk back to the structure and being we have never been to Disneyland past closing, the tram loading was foreign to us. We saw the white small bus there but we didn't know it was for loading, till we finally walked up to it and asked the driver. He could of drove up to us! hehe!

But we really enjoyed the show and it was well worth the money. And an extra plus was the money went to a good cause. But after all the stops in between and from being at work all day, we started getting bored by 10:30pm and sleepy. We left right after the last act.

I would do it again but next time I will make phone calls to verify where the parking is and the entrance is.

olegc
03-09-2006, 09:57 AM

well, they were selling tickets to all locations when I bought them - so maybe they sold out in certain sections (i bought balcony because I was cheap :eek: )

the letter that came with the tickets said to park in the timon lot. I wondered why and did it because the letter said to do it. Then it made sense - they did not want to have you walking all over DCA to get to the theater - the exit was right there..

however, I agree that the letter should have said to "park in the timon lot because the entrance will be right there" to avoid confusion.

blewellen
03-09-2006, 10:01 AM
well, they were selling tickets to all locations when I bought them - so maybe they sold out in certain sections (i bought balcony because I was cheap :eek: )

the letter that came with the tickets said to park in the timon lot. I wondered why and did it because the letter said to do it. Then it made sense - they did not want to have you walking all over DCA to get to the theater - the exit was right there..

however, I agree that the letter should have said to "park in the timon lot because the entrance will be right there" to avoid confusion.

Interesting, I didn't get that letter.