PDA

View Full Version : Pondering a stay at the Disneyland Hotel

infinite
01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
We are going to Disneyland again in March, Yes we just got back…we are odd. Anyway we usually stay in the Grand Californian, but I was thinking of trying something new, I am not convinced yet. I tend to get set in my ways, and that isn’t good. Why am I nervous about a hotel?

Anyway if you have stayed at the Disneyland hotel, tell me what you like about tit? Did you use concierge service there? Is the concierge service there a lot like GCH? I don't mean what does it include, but what does it feel like, the lounge, the service.

MsYumiBr
01-26-2006, 07:51 PM
For March reservations you may be too late. GCH is booked almost every night since the 50th began. If you want the DLH, you better check now. I can tell you that my husband will not stay at the DLH unless we have concierge too. He loves free beer. :rolleyes: (during wine and cheese time). I am sure the lounge is pretty much like the GCH even though I've never seen their concierge. Something that DLH has that GCH doesn't is that you can watch the fireworks from the lounge and they pipe in music from the park. You can't see all the projections on the castle, or even the castle for that matter, but you can see the fireworks and DTD. How does it feel? I have heard service is better at the GCH and I know you are pretty much left alone at the DLH but you get turn down service and a box of shortbread cookies and chocolates on your pillow. You don't get robes like at the Grand but you can buy your own for $70 which in my opinion is much better because they are so soft and cushy and you can take them home! Oh, and you get to use the glass elevator when it is working. It has been having issues with the whole keycard thing. Did I mention that I love the concierge lounge? :D

infinite
01-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Luckily we called an were able to get the nights we wanted at the Disneyland Hotel (Never land Pool View). I tried to book online and the computer said the dates were unavailable, so I started crying…my husband called, and low and behold, the nights were available!

We also made our reservations at Story Teller and Goofy’s Kitchen!

infinite
01-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Which floor is the concierge floor at the Disneyland Hotel?

stan4d_steph
01-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Be sure to check out the information on MousePlanet. Here's the page on the DLH, including a map and links to reader reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ALA000). :)

infinite
01-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Be sure to check out the information on MousePlanet. Here's the page on the DLH, including a map and links to reader reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ALA000). :)
Thank You!:)