PDA

View Full Version : face character schedule?

marvelous mama
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I am heading to DR with a 3 year old who is obsessed with the princesses, any suggestions on how to find out about a schedule or how to see the most of them while avoiding lines?

MermaidHair
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Try the Princess Lunch or Dinner at Ariel's Grotto. I understand you see at least 5 princesses per meal and you get decent character interaction.

my2lalas
01-25-2006, 06:12 PM
My girls LOVE the princesses, too. We have done the Princess Lunch at Ariel's Grotto in DCA. It was last October and we saw Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White and Jasmine. My girls loved it! They stopped by the table, talked a bit, signed autographs, and posed for pictures. There is also princess storytime at the Princess Shoppe in Fantasyland. The times are listed on the schedule you get at the main gate. It's entertaining, even for adults. At the end they have the kids line up and the princess will sign autographs and pose for pictures. Hope this helps--Good luck!

mi_mous
01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Ask a cast member. They should have a time schedule for each character for the day, with estimates of times that they will be out.
I was lucky and found most in the afternoon, right after the last storyteller session got out. We got all the princesses, without a HUGE wait, and also saw Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, the White Witch, and Mary Poppins.
We also hung around the main hub and the castle a lot that day. (That is why we were there mainly, so it wasn't a big deal to us to do that in the afternoon.)

marvelous mama
01-26-2006, 06:22 AM
thanks for all the info. I'm assuming you have to get a ticket to dca separately? would we be able to go in just for the restaurant? has anyone tried goofy's grill in the resort?

MsYumiBr
01-26-2006, 06:29 AM
I have heard that you can get the schedule from City Hall. We have always had bad luck with characters and lines, especially when Pooh shows up in Critter Country. Our best luck (short line) has always been in the corner near the hat shop (exit of where Lincoln story used to be). There is always a lot of traffic coming out of the building and the line from the hat shop winds out the door so the character usually sneaks in from the corner and is kind of hidden by the foot traffic. Other charcters come out in intervals to make their way to other locations while they stay there. It causes confusion and people chase the ones coming out and the line stays short.

hlbtimes2
01-26-2006, 09:27 AM
thanks for all the info. I'm assuming you have to get a ticket to dca separately? would we be able to go in just for the restaurant? has anyone tried goofy's grill in the resort?

If you have a park hopper you'll be able to go in to either park. With out a park hopper, no, you can't go in just to eat. You would need a ticket.

Goofy's is in the Disneyland hotel. It typically gets great reviews. We didnt think it was all that great. We like the character meal at the Plaza in Disneyland better. We didnt get to try Ariels in DCA while we were there. Just didnt have time.