PDA

View Full Version : Disney Freaks

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bonoesque
01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Okay, i just had to post this. I grew up in So Cal, and used to frequent the parks as my parent's best friends worked for WED Enterprises. Then my high-school girlfriend and I used to have passes, back when they were around $60.00 each, and had no black-out dates. Several weekends were spent at Videopolis, dancing away until the fireworks. And several carnal delights had in various dressing rooms up and down main street.:eek: :p
Okay, fast forward to my disgust with the whole Disney organization over the past 3 years or more. Gone are the days of "Family-friendly" Disneyland, and hello, welcome to the greediest place on earth. Selling worthless pieces of tin, costing approx 39 cents to produce and selling them for over $10.00?!? And insulting people by claiming they are "Collectable"? I've worked too hard to have my money going towards this crap. The quality of food continues to go down, while prices are way laughable for the junk they serve. The overall look of the parks have dulled as if this place as a whole unit has sunken into what Walt Disney had wanted to avoid: A typical carnival:mad: .
I know you all will read this and respond with nasty comments, all I have to say to you passholders who throw away all your money and time each weekend to this organization is to try and live your lives on your own terms and opinions: Walt Disney was unfortunalty a businessman who did have big ideas, but his own visions were not enough to maintain the test of time.
The only ride missing from these parks is the one where on your way out, it picks everyone up, and shakes the hell out of them upside-down in order to get every last cent from the guests that they havent spent already.

ILovePoker
01-25-2006, 03:42 PM
What did you expect? 5 dollar meals? I believe since you are older now you have learned the value of money and how expensive things are. Besides, no one is making you buy them.:p It's inflation at its best. What was 10 dollars 40 years isn't going to be 10 dollars now. Get over it.

adriennek
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Mod Note to Members: Don't take the bait. Remember that whether or not I agree with you, if you attack someone, I have to moderate you. I like it when my job is easy.

Thank you.
Adrienne K

Bonoesque
01-25-2006, 03:50 PM
I have NO Problem paying for QUALITY, if that's what the park was supplying. But Come ON---the food at Disneyland is paultry, and barely passes for anything fulfilling. I could expense many meals there for my business, but why bother?
I knew the posters on here would be offended and wouldnt be able to determine my beef---Disneyland and the Management have decided that based on the Crap movies they eek out every few months, and the whoring of their back catalog on DVD not being enough...thay have to brainwash the public and passholders as well.
"FIRST TIME EVER ON DVD"---Oh BS!! They roll out their same cartoons every 5- 7 years to re-sell the same thing over and over and over to the masses.
Thats the biggest probhlem with most people, they just swallow what they told and beleive it. Look at the moron in the white house. Worst president in the history of the U.S., and biggest liar as well.

ILovePoker
01-25-2006, 03:55 PM
So, you hate the movies and not the park? I don't get it. Disneyland itself has always been expensive and I've always enjoyed the food when I ate there. It's the drinks that are expensive. I can tell you I haven't bought a Disney movie in a long while. But if you are talking solely about the Disney company, it should be in a different forum, not the Disneyland resort forum.

DianeM
01-25-2006, 04:05 PM
When you grow a bit older, you'll learn that the most precious thing a person can have is good times with loved ones. Disneyland sells that. They charge a lot - but they provide a very high quality product. A family can visit DL with children of pretty much any age and be assured that they will not be bored or unhappy. Magic is not easy to come by in this day and age. Disney is a business that sells happiness, and I, for one, am not going to begrudge them a penny of their profit. I only wish that more businesses were willing to spend the time and energy DL does to make people happy. Relax... it's okay to just let people have fun doing things they enjoy, while you enjoy other things. :-)

I know you all will read this and respond with nasty comments, all I have to say to you passholders who throw away all your money and time each weekend to this organization is to try and live your lives on your own terms and opinions: Walt Disney was unfortunalty a businessman who did have big ideas, but his own visions were not enough to maintain the test of time.
The only ride missing from these parks is the one where on your way out, it picks everyone up, and shakes the hell out of them upside-down in order to get every last cent from the guests that they havent spent already.

MsYumiBr
01-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Tommy, is that you? (My husband.) lol

cstephens
01-25-2006, 04:28 PM
And several carnal delights had in various dressing rooms up and down main street.:eek: :p
Okay, fast forward to my disgust with the whole Disney organization over the past 3 years or more. Gone are the days of "Family-friendly" Disneyland.

I thought this was an interesting juxtaposition of two sentences.

I'm constantly amazed by people who feel the need to join a community and then make their introduction into that community into a group attack.

Bonoesque
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
And the bait is taken. Point proven, case closed:rolleyes:

Duchess mermaid
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
The first time I was every to Disneyland was only two years ago, so I have no fond memories of park past. I do know, for me, Disneyland is the happiest place on earth!!!! I love it there...
As for the prices if people will pay it they will charge it. If you don't think its worth it don't go.. As for me I think the trip is worth every penny.

TowerofTerror
01-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Well I'm a Disney freak yes the prices might be way out there but i don't pay those prices at the park. I bring my own food in instead of buying it there. I don't buy the pins anymore since they are getting way too high.

DangerMouse
01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey fellow freaks, let's allow the threads by the "anti-Disney non-freaks" to drop to page 2 (or 10) where they belong. I won't waste my time sharing my opinion with someone who obviously doesn't care to hear it.

Duchess mermaid
01-25-2006, 04:48 PM
And what does the President have to do with Disneyland not being good quality???

adriennek
01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
And what does the President have to do with Disneyland not being good quality???

psssssst.... go read post #3....

Adrienne :)

DisneyDustin22
01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Looks like someone is having problems with their TPS report... :rolleyes:

Nancy
01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Okay, i just had to post this. I grew up in So Cal, and used to frequent the parks as my parent's best friends worked for WED Enterprises. Then my high-school girlfriend and I used to have passes, back when they were around $60.00 each, and had no black-out dates. Several weekends were spent at Videopolis, dancing away until the fireworks. And several carnal delights had in various dressing rooms up and down main street.:eek: :p
Okay, fast forward to my disgust with the whole Disney organization over the past 3 years or more. Gone are the days of "Family-friendly" Disneyland, and hello, welcome to the greediest place on earth. Selling worthless pieces of tin, costing approx 39 cents to produce and selling them for over $10.00?!? And insulting people by claiming they are "Collectable"? I've worked too hard to have my money going towards this crap. The quality of food continues to go down, while prices are way laughable for the junk they serve. The overall look of the parks have dulled as if this place as a whole unit has sunken into what Walt Disney had wanted to avoid: A typical carnival:mad: .

On behalf of all of us who love Disneyland, let me thank you for not going back. We like happy people to visit the park. We don't need bad attitudes there. (nothing nasty here!!!)

ILovePoker
01-25-2006, 06:48 PM
On behalf of all of us who love Disneyland, let me thank you for not going back. We like happy people to visit the park. We don't need bad attitudes there. (nothing nasty here!!!)
Amen, plus it's shorter wait times for us as well. :~D

disney jones
01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
......I used to have passes, back when they were around $60.00 each, ....... And several carnal delights had in various dressing rooms up and down main street.:eek: :p
Okay, fast forward to my disgust with the whole Disney organization over the past 3 years or more. Gone are the days of "Family-friendly" Disneyland......

:confused:

$60 still can get you a cheap motel room though.

splashmtngurl
01-25-2006, 07:07 PM
for me personally, i can tell you that even if disneyland prices go up i would still pay for the experience because for the rest of my life that is the one thing i will remember, disneyland is what has inspired me and made me really want to do big things in your life. but i really do appreciate your side of the story, you dont often hear what people have to say thats realy negetive towards disneyland and i think it was very interesting to hear your oppion; i dont think anyone here was offended by your oppinion at all but you also got some very interesting oppinions out of the rest of us......but dont feel like what you posted here was just offensive, thats the point of the disscussion board. and i agree with some of what you say, i think the food is good but everything seems like its 2.00...water, pop, churros...everything.

Another Dimension
01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Disneyland is what you make it... once admission has been paid.

Don't want to buy mostly bad/always overpriced food? Don't.

Hate all the really lame/always overpriced glow and flashing crap, like everyone who has any sense? Don't buy any. Don't even look at any. Works for me.

The entrance fee isn't great.. but 16 hours at DL compared to the high prices some foosl pay for a 90 minute stage musical or a show in Vegas .. and DL is a killer deal. Unless you are thick and would rather pay more for less world class quality entertainment anywhere else.

But whether anyone likes it or not .. DL food prices are a J.O.K.E.
A $10 hot dog and chips combo.
Disgusting. Whether anyone likes that fact or not.

A friend recently paid 5 BUCKS for a hot dog at White Water. 1 hot dog. No bun, no side, no drink... 1 single solitary hot dog by itself. 5 BUCKS.

That's ridiculous. Whether any likes that absolute truth or not.
Everywhere in the real world (which is also disgustingly greedy, but not as MUCH as Disney it seems) .. a 10 pack of 100% beef hot dogs is .99 - $2.00 ... 10 of them. Disney charges $5 for 1. I would rather die of starvation .. or visit DCA for a tortilla.. then ever buy more Disney execs mansions based on ridiculous food prices.

DL costs $59.99 to get in. Sometimes for 16 nonstop hours..

A premium annual pass is $329.00 for 365 days in a row at DL and 365 days in a row of $10 a day parking.

A hog dog and small bag of chips combo is nearly $10. Nearly 13 if you might actually be thirsty.

1 Night at the Grand Californian is sometimes $300.

Now compare what i said above, with the exact (non-exaggerated) prices
for each.

A $10 hot dog, a $59.99 16 hr day inside DL, a $329.00 year-in-a-row inside Disneyland (and DCA!) and a $300 ONE night in a really small hotel room (at a very nice hotel).

Those entertainment offerings, lodging offerings and snacks are all 'good'.. but price wise... with hot dog/chips combo being 1/5 the full price of a 16 hr day at DL? The food price is ridiculous.
$300 at the Grand Cali 1 night.. vs 365 days inside DL (including parking).
The Grand Cali price is ridiculous.
The one day at DL vs AP price.. is still a killer deal. It's the ONLY thing Disney does not royally over charge it's Guests on. (For now...)

But the food prices and merch prices at the DLR are a J.O.K.E.

....and if I don't buy anything, year after year. I hope Disney wonders why.

Until then..

I think I'll keep leaving property, buying 50 or so Hot Dogs at any of a half dozen local Anaheim stores for only $5 (for 50, not ONE), keep laughing, keep feeling sorry for people who spend their lives saving to visit DL and paying $10for a deluxe hot dog (feat, a bun!) and watch Disney keep pathetically increasing the price for a hot dog (with bun, chips or even ANYTHING included) ... like hot dogs are endangered, exotic, rare or extinct.

I love love love the parks and the entire Disneyland Resort.. but anyone.. especially those at Disney that think their food prices are actually OK and reality-based acceptible and actually not digustingly greedy.. is on crack or a prime candidate for being a cult member. No offense... eh... and the parks ARE Wonderful... but really.. like it or not peeps ... those food prices are a J.O.K.E.
And if tomorrow, DL raises Hot Dog & Chips Combos to $12 or $15.. people will still pay them... but that doesn't make it cool or good or right .. or not even more greedy. These be the facts...

mi_mous
01-25-2006, 08:37 PM
"FIRST TIME EVER ON DVD"---Oh BS!! They roll out their same cartoons every 5- 7 years to re-sell the same thing over and over and over to the masses.

So, Cinderella WAS available on DVD before?? I don't think so.

PirateSmile
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
I've seen regular carnivals. Disneyland's not one of them...lol.

To me, as long as families all can have fun together and make memories there, Walt's dream is still alive :) I don't care about how much of a rip-off any of their food is, I can eat elsewhere. I find nothing really ridiculous about their toy prices, but I agree that the prices on pins are crazy for something you can't really do anything with. The hotel prices are also expensive. IMO, Disneyland has too many good qualities to be fixed on the bad, of which can be easily avoided.

Leash81
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Looks like someone is having problems with their TPS report... :rolleyes:

LOL! Did you get that memo?;)

pisces
01-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I thought the price for a cheeseburger and fries at Whitewater was fairly reasonable. I don't remember what the exact price was, I think it was under $10.00.

It is a very large portion, and their fries are good. Actually the hamburger was very good too, and the toasted bun, with fresh strawberries---which I didn't expect.

The food at Disney is improving. The French Toast at Minnies Plaza Breakfast is the best I've ever had. Everything I had at Minnie's Breakfast buffet tasted fresh and from scratch, with exception of the bacon.

The French Market's fried chicken is a very good value. Although it's not Mrs. Knott's......for under $10.00, (I think---maybe it was $11.00) they gave me five fried chicken legs, with a salad, bread, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I felt that was reasonable, when you add in the great live entertainment on the French Market Stage-----no such live music at Mrs. Knotts.

Goofys is overpriced, but every last dish I had at Goofys was fantastic. I can't complain about any of the food I had at Goofys. And, at most buffets, there's always one lousy dish----not so at Goofys, so that alone might justify the price.

Also, a night at the GCH, cost me $400.00.....so 5 nights cost me $2,000.00 :eek: . Can't deny that's overpriced. Although, you can't put a price on memories, and the memories of my GC stay carry me throughout the whole year.

Actually, I'm totalling up how much I spent for about a week's visit to the resort......$189.00 for the park hopper, food, souvenirs----it comes out to over $2,300.00 :eek: :eek: .

But, still....the fond memories make it all worth it in the end!

MonorailChris
01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey welcome to mouse planet! How are you? So what do you like about dl/dca? I guess I don't need to ask.