PDA

View Full Version : April Crowds

neffyh
12-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Is an April a busy month. I know its spring break and most people will be heading too DL. I saw the calendar and it said that one of the weeks in April is going to be open from 8-12. If they say that then Iam pretty sure it will be busy.

neffyh
12-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Come On!!! Anyone know.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-28-2005, 05:31 PM
My kids and I are all on spring break the week of April 10th. Don't know about LA county, but I know most of San Diego is out that week.

Duchess mermaid
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I found a website that listed all the dates for college spring breaks across the country. I'm not sure about the kids spring breaks. The colleges looked like the latest one was the middle of the month. The end of april should be ok. sorry i don't have the link to that site but you should be able to google it.

hlbtimes2
12-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Here is a graph that shows apprx attendance records. Of course, the 50th has really blown "normal" away. Looks like first 1/2 of the month is typically busier then the 2nd half. It makes sense since most schools have spring break earlier in the month rather then later. http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm

babytmakes5
12-29-2005, 04:43 AM
We didn't have the 50th crowd to worry about at that time, but the last week of April 2004 was fantastic. We actually walked on to many of the rides, including Haunted Mansion, POTC, and Dumbo. It was a great time because the crowds were very light and the weather was perfect (at least in our Minnesota standards!). The only drawback was there was only one showing of fantasmic the whole time we were there and there weren't any fireworks at all. But all in all we had a great time and plan to return the end of April 2006. Have fun planning your trip!

Disneyland_042006
01-02-2006, 07:08 PM
April will be busy through the 23rd. However, I will be attending the park the 26-28. WED-FRI. Wed and THursday the park will be open 9:00-9:00 even though there is no details posted on disneyland.com (Below is a link to the April 2006 Calendar) I am not anticapating any fireworks or Fantasmic on those days. However I am desparately hoping that is not the case. I expect to find out 30 days before what shows will be scheduled. If those awesome shows will not be shown on Wed or THurs I will be attending Friday (park hours 9:00-12:00 Arriving well before the schools let out and staking my claim for the Fireworks 2 hrs before the event (most likely a show time of 9:25). Then I will head straight for Fantasmic's second show (Most likely 10:30).

Your only drawback for this tim eof the yr is that Pirates of the Carrabean will be closed for overhaul untill June 22. So if you want to see J. Depp in audioanamatronic form, I would recamand The week after Labor day. You will have Pirates and will most likely have the Haunted Mansion and its a small world open before their Holiday transformation. Those kind of closures are generally posted months in advance on Disneylnad.com

Hope you find this helpful. Another excellent source is Birnbaums Guide to Disneyland 2006
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&date=20060402

potzbie
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
As a rule of thumb, any week which has black-out dates for Annual Passholders will be a week of high volume.

In 2006, April 9 thru April 21 is blacked-out (in addition to the expected days).

One Annual Pass ("So. Calif. Select") is blacked-out April 7 (Friday) thru April 23 (Sunday).

That's a good indication of Disney management's wishes regarding crowd control.
i.e., you wouldn't black-out off-season days, would you?

neffyh
01-02-2006, 09:44 PM
From what I here it looks like I should take the chances of using the fastpass system. I just hope it dosent rain on my parade. I just talked too my dad and he said that, When he gets his bonus, We are going too plan too go too DL. Yeah:D . He needs too know when we can all go, me and my fam. I say Spring Break, which is April, only because thats my only option before Summer Break which might also be crowded. I think the April Showers (A song from Bambi....I just noticed:) ) will calm down the crowds. We might even stay at a Disney Hotel. First time of course, but my dad is wondering, Why pay so much if all your going too get is a room too stay in? Does anyone know what I can tell him?

Tinkermommy
01-04-2006, 04:51 PM
We might even stay at a Disney Hotel. First time of course, but my dad is wondering, Why pay so much if all your going too get is a room too stay in? Does anyone know what I can tell him?

Hmmm...the Tinker Bell wallpaper border glows a little bit in the dark. It's a short walk to either park. A Neverland Pool view is the best! A Downtown Disney View is almost as good. You wake up feeling more Disney when you see the Mickey hand fixtures in your bathroom. It's historic! Goofy will probably greet you at check in. You can drive little token-operated boats and make fire! (Ok, you don't have to be a guest to do that, but it's nice to BE a guest when you do!) Need more?

We stay there with our little girl every year near her birthday (which is next month). Every year, Tinker Bell flies into our room while we're sleeping and leaves a birthday gift. One year, she managed to sneak a silver Tink necklace on my daughter's new Build a Bear, which was still in its box. How much magic dya need? LOL!

Tinkermommy
01-04-2006, 04:52 PM
PS - her school is on Spring Break the week of April 10 as well. We're in San Bernardino County. Sounds like that's gonna be a busy one!

neffyh
01-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I think we might be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Dont care very much, I would like too stay there though. Its like a smaller scale of Disneyland away from Disneyland

GrumpyUTboi
01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
What do you think the April crowds are going to look like? Specfically the 24-17 of April.

DangerMouse
01-25-2006, 02:34 PM
What do you think the April crowds are going to look like? Specfically the 24-17 of April.

Do you mean the 17-24th or the 24-27th? Either way, prime Spring Break/Easter Vacation time = BUSY. Also, plan on DCA being a complete madhouse on the 27th of April, because that is the day the Southern California 2-fer tickets expire and all of Southern California and Baja Mexico are in DCA that day. We experienced this last year - it was NO FUN!

The old man
01-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Do you mean the 17-24th or the 24-27th? Either way, prime Spring Break/Easter Vacation time = BUSY. Also, plan on DCA being a complete madhouse on the 27th of April, because that is the day the Southern California 2-fer tickets expire and all of Southern California and Baja Mexico are in DCA that day. We experienced this last year - it was NO FUN!
FWIW Spring Break is practically over for everyone by the 20th. Certainly true for all regular public schools in CA. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but they are the rare exception.
David

cfrith
01-28-2006, 04:16 PM
That was my understanding too!!! I thought the "slow" period started around the 20th of April as all the spring breakers were gone. I have read this in several books and online. That is why we were planning our trip starting on the 24th. Can anyone else comment on this topic.....PLEASE!!! :eek: Thanks!:)

TowerofTerror
01-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Well you should be okay going anytime after April 24 like your planning to go. But look at the Disneyland calendar for a good indication of how the crowds will be when you want to go.

Cherene
01-29-2006, 12:12 AM
We are thinking of heading down the end of April or May as well. Last year we hit right at the tail end of college spring break, yick!

Is the weather still mild in late April early May?
And which calendar is best to check to see how the crowds will be? I haven't found that one yet.

thanks!

TowerofTerror
01-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I say just call ahead of time to see the hours and whats gone to be down. The link Riderfurbs.com (http://www.riderefurbs.com/) give updates of what will be going down at the parks.

lazylotrfan8
02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I am also going on the 30th...spring breakers will hopefully be gone by then....

christina
02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Oh great. I'm going the first week of April and by the sounds of things right smack in the middle of craziness. O well. It'll still be fun I'm sure.

Hakuna Makarla
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh great. I'm going the first week of April and by the sounds of things right smack in the middle of craziness. O well. It'll still be fun I'm sure.
LOL! I am also going the first week of April, it will be interesting :) But fun, and we plan on doing knotts this time also and lots of fun in and out of the park . HAve a wonderful time Christina

Alisonsmom
02-23-2006, 09:53 AM
I was wondering if any one out there can help me. I know that April is a high time for people to go to Disneyland due to spring breaks. I have checked the schedule and it looks like pretty much from April 2 - 22 the park has extended hours. I noticed that April 23-30 Disneyland is still open until 10pm. The week of May 1 it closes at 9pm. April 23 the park goes back to value season, so will that week of April 23 still be busy since the park is open to 10? Does anyone know of any spring breaks going on that late? Thanks for you help in advance!

hlbtimes2
02-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I would expect to see some sizeable crowds around the 27th (and the couple days before). April 27th is: the last day for CA 2fer tickets, the last day for the kids play free special, and the last day for the $150 gift card for staying onsite. I would think the 28-30 would be a little quieter.

GrumpyUTboi
02-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I believe that the kids play free is good as long as you start your trip by the 27th of April.