PDA

View Full Version : Problems with [Disneyland.com] booking engine

vegasmommytoDL
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Has anyone been having problems booking vacations right now? Their booking engine has gone crazy and I think the quotes are all off. (To test this out, run a few dates through it at Disneyland.com. Then switch your tickets to something like 8-Day Kids Free and watch what happens. It gives me a over -$400 discount to switch from a standard room to resort view at the Disneyland Hotel LOL. One day I looked up it was giving me a 1 bedroom at the Disneyland hotel for 2 nights and 8 day tickets for under $1000. Including a Saturday night stay. Or for the Portofino Inn & Suites on AAA's booking engine its giving me for $594 a Kids Suite for 2 nights and 1 Adult and 3 kids 8-Day tickets. Tell me thats not wrong.

Has anyone been trying to book? I wonder if they will honor the weird prices?

Try to quote anything (before the end of April). Look at the price. Then switch what kind of tickets you get. It says the better tiickets cost MORE but after you "update this offer" the price DROPS instead.

Shinku
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I think they'd have to honor it, wouldn't they? You agreed to buy their product or service at that price, they sold it to you, aren't they required to honor it after they run your card?

ssmccullough
01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
i bet in the fine print the website is subject to misprints and typo's or something like that. if not that would be a sweet deal...

spectromen
01-25-2006, 07:29 AM
If you see any kind of booking deal "accident" that results in a lower price, I'd book it right away. Then when you get the printed confirmation in the mail you have it in writing!!

faithbaby
01-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Hmmm...I haven't been able to get it to do anything wierd lately. Looking OK to me. The only thing I think is odd is that you are given the option of "Everyone plays at the Kid's price" OR "Kids play free". Hello? Why would anyone choose the first option when you can get the kids tickets for free? There is an obvious savings there! What you save in park tickets you can make up on an upgraded room, if you choose. Is that what you are talking about? Anyway, when I booked on AAA site on 1/3/06 I wasn't given the option of Kids play free and later found out that WAS a glitch in the booking engine that Disney soon fixed. My agent rebooked my trip, no penalty fee, and I got an awesome deal!

hlbtimes2
01-25-2006, 08:59 AM
I guess I"m not getting the same odd quotes as you or what you expect is just different. The prices I'm seeing seem to go right along with the published rack rates.

JeffG
01-28-2006, 11:26 AM
The only thing I think is odd is that you are given the option of "Everyone plays at the Kid's price" OR "Kids play free". Hello? Why would anyone choose the first option when you can get the kids tickets for free?

What if your party consisted of 6 adults and 1 child?

-Jeff

hlbtimes2
01-28-2006, 07:18 PM
What if your party consisted of 6 adults and 1 child?

-Jeff

Then you would want to do 5 adults at the kids price, and one at full price so you can get a free childs ticket. But, you would be booking with a live person not online so it wouldnt matter the system does anyway. :p

I think what they were saying is that its odd that it doesnt default to the best deal. For example when I put in 2 adults and 2 kids, it should give me 2 full price adults and 2 free kids. But it doesnt. There is a $178 difference on 3 day hoppers for the 4 of us.

JeffG
01-28-2006, 09:16 PM
I think what they were saying is that its odd that it doesnt default to the best deal.

Why should it, though? Disney is a business and it does generally make sense that they wouldn't necessarily automatically give you a promotional price, since it probably wouldn't be to their advantage to do so. It is up to the guest to find out the current offers and make sure they are getting the best price.

-Jeff