PDA

View Full Version : Remember when...

jdee
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
I was cleaning out the garage and came across a box with old receipts, so I have been shredding them. Anyway I found receipts from a DL trip in '89. Here's the breakdown of what things cost.

Adult admission: $38.25
Kids admission: $29.25 (we had five kids for a total of $146.25)
DLH: $55/night (stayed two nights)
Blue Bayou dinner for 6: $67.47
Mad Hatter: $31.70 for four hats
Candy Castle: $21.68
Penleton Woolen Mills: $75.00 for a jacket (I really miss that store)

Hope you find it interesting.

potzbie
01-24-2006, 04:07 PM

What part of the store do you miss?
The name of the store changed last year to honor actor Fess Parker's character, DAVY CROCKETT.
But did the store's inventory change as well?
Doesn't Mr. Crockett stock plaid Pendleton shirts no more?
We should take it up with Georgie, his sidekick, and complain.
:)

TENORDRUMMER
01-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I used to work at the Pendleton store for a summer in the late 80's. It was fun. It's a shame all of those pendleton shirts and merchandiese are now gone forever from Disneyland.

ILoveChurros
01-25-2006, 08:31 AM
I was cleaning out the garage and came across a box with old receipts, so I have been shredding them. Anyway I found receipts from a DL trip in '89. Here's the breakdown of what things cost.

Adult admission: $38.25
Kids admission: $29.25 (we had five kids for a total of $146.25)
DLH: $55/night (stayed two nights)
Blue Bayou dinner for 6: $67.47
Mad Hatter: $31.70 for four hats
Candy Castle: $21.68

Hope you find it interesting.

BB dinner, hats, and candy...can you adopt me? J/k I never had Disney trips like that as a kid!

janell
01-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh I miss the Pendleton Store. I use to go in there ever few years and get my dad a new jacket for christmas. But that was back in the day when Dinsey had all kinds of stores that sold more then DIsney stuff and it was nice things they sold. Like the Perfume Store. Oh like making up my own scent. Those were the days. :)

TowerofTerror
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow look it was still reasonable back in 89 to go the park now it hard for a family of 4 to go to the park for a day for almost 300 dollars if you were just to get one meal and some souvenirs. Well at least right now they are offering 2 for 1 buy a day get the second park for free right now until April.

ILovePoker
01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
55 dollars for the Disneyland Hotel? Wow. That's what the price should be right now for what you get.:~D

ferliemom
01-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I remember being a kid and we were fairly broke. My brother and I were asking my parents when we could go to Disneyland, and I distinctly remember them saying that we couldn't go for a while, because "it takes $100 for all four of us to have a day at Disneyland"!!

I'm sure one day we'll be looking back at prices today with fondness! :)

jdee
01-26-2006, 10:12 AM
What part of the store do you miss?
:)

The clothing, it was beautiful. I don't enjoy shopping as much at DL, because it is all DL stuff and everystore has basically the same stuff. But I guess that is what DTD has replaced, the unique shopping that was once inside the park.

darph nader
02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Way back when. 300 years ago "72" my bro and myself were coming back from Seattle .GO SEAHAWKS.We hit Anaheim at about 9:30 at night.The only room we could find was at the Peter Pan Hotel for $15.00 (thanks guy ) we hit Disneyland the next day for $12.95 ea (ticket books ) had $5.00 left ,1 brownie and soda each. Headed home late .Hit Yuma about 3:00 o'clock in the A.M. 35 cents left. An Almond Joy and a RC split two ways.gas gauge showing EMPTY at Picacho peak .HOME. 4 hours sleep.Go to gas station put 24.5 gals in 25 gal tank.I dont what was better? the day at Disneyland with my brother ,or the lights of L.A. coming out the mountains.:cool:

3rdShiftCM
02-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Do you guys remember the old shooting gallery that was at the backof the store? So much fun.

DcaSweeper
02-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Do you guys remember the old shooting gallery that was at the backof the store? So much fun.

Yes I kind of remember it, wasnt it that kind of shooting game where it was like a "duck" that would kind of be like a projection kind of thing...?

Opus1guy
02-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I used to work at the Pendleton store for a summer in the late 80's. It was fun. It's a shame all of those pendleton shirts and merchandiese are now gone forever from Disneyland.

Then you'll remember (and probably worked for) Harv. He and Bo Foster (manager of Sunkist) where quite a pair! Attended a few dinners at Club 33 and some other Disneyland Participant Association cocktail parties and dinners and stuff with them (and others), and they were always lots of fun.

I miss the shop very much. Miss the people even more.