PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass question...

acpalmer
01-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi all,

Seeing as the last time I was at DLR was nearly 15 years ago, things have changed quite a bit:D

So, I have lots of questions, but will limit this one to the FastPass system. I think (from lots of reading) that I have pretty much figured out how this works, but I have a question. Is the FastPass that you get from the machine tied to the ParkHopper on which you get it when you actually enter the ride?

Here's the scenario that makes me ask: My husband, my five year old, my three year old, my mother, and I are all going in June. The five year old is tall enough to ride all the "biggies" (ie Space Mountain, etc.) but the three year old most likely will not be. My mother is obviously tall enough but doesn't like roller coasters of any kind and won't be riding them. Say we were to get FastPasses for Space Mountain with all five ParkHoppers and then my husband and I take our five year old on it at our appointed time using our three FastPasses. My mother has the three year old elsewhere (probably FantasyLand) doing rides or whatever with him (as he would be throwing a full-out fit because he can't do the ride, so must be distracted with alternate activities:D ). If the five year old just loves Space Mountain, could my husband then use the two remaining FastPasses (from my mother's and three year old's ParkHoppers) to take himself and the five year old through the FastPass line again? Or are those FastPasses tied to those ParkHoppers which would obviously be tied to my mother and three year old? Likely my husband will be carrying all of the "stuff" so would have them, but he (nor I, for that matter) obviously doesn't look like my mother and the five year old doesn't look like he's three (not sure how much info is attached to these ParkHoppers). Is this making sense? Would that work?

I admit, part of me thinks that is really cheating the system and we shouldn't even do it if it would work and part of me thinks that considering we are going at a super-busy time of year, we should take advantage of all opportunities. If it doesn't work or we wouldn't want to do it, then we would obviously just get the three FastPasses so as not to take FastPasses that others could use.

KDR
01-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, you can do that. The FastPass ticket supplied by the machine is not tied to the park pass that obtained it, and the FastPass ticket is all you need to get through the line. So, yes, you could use those other two passes to get extra FastPass tickets.

hlbtimes2
01-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, you can do that. We did it a few times during our past trip.

They are however, somewhat tied to the park hopper. You do need the park hopper to get a fast pass. The machines know if you have another fast pass on that park hopper. You can't use a park hopper to get a fast pass, if the hopper wasnt used at the gate that day. For example, you and the kids get to the park a couple hours before your husband. You cant use is his hopper to get a fastpass for him.

tod
01-24-2006, 03:08 PM
The FastPass is tied to the admission ticket when it is issued, but not when it is used. If you can get a FastPass, you can use it. People can hand it to you, you can use your three-year-old's admission ticket to get one and give it to your grandmother.

Hope this helps.

--t

acpalmer
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone! I was aware of the other rules (not more than one, have to have used the Hopper that day, etc.) but just wanted to check on this.

Thank you for the quick answers!

TowerofTerror
01-24-2006, 04:08 PM
:| Don't matter you can even use the fast pass pass the time except not before the starting time.