PDA

View Full Version : Current discounts and/or savings on AP

Legolas
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I've had an AP for about two years now; always opting for the premium due to the discounts, etc.. But, now that my daughter is old enough to need her own pass, buying three premiums have become a bit hard.

I'm trying to locate *any* type of discount that would save us some money on three passes. I know Coke used to have $20 off coupons, and there have been discounts floating around at some stores on-and-off, but, I don't have a clue what's on *now*. Our passes expired at the end of November, so, we don't want to use the $20 renewal discount at this point.

I know all about the 'use someone's expired ticket' thing, but, my wife isn't really game (and, I'm worried that it isn't as above-board as it could be anyways). SO, how do you get AP's without paying through the nose? Or, at least, how can you get AP's cheaper than at the gate. I'm willing to go go a bit outside the box if needed, but, not willing to commit fraud.

Please help!

Petersgj
01-24-2006, 11:44 AM
If you want the premiums passes for the discounts, why not only buy one premium and the rest of the passes can be deluxe. That way you still get the discounts, parking, etc. but don't have the high cost for multiple premium passes.

Andrew
01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
If you want the premiums passes for the discounts, why not only buy one premium and the rest of the passes can be deluxe. That way you still get the discounts, parking, etc. but don't have the high cost for multiple premium passes.
This works as long as your visits to the park are limited to Deluxe availability. MousePlanet's weekly Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060123xx#ParkHours) includes a table of blockout dates for the various AP levels.

Gone2Disneyland
01-24-2006, 02:52 PM
I got our company signed up with this outfit, http://www.employeesavingstickets.com/ for free. If you live in Southern California, they offer Premium Annual Passes for $339, which is perhaps thru one nostral as opposed to thru the nose. They offer discounted tickets for the rest of the Disneyland/DCA tickets/passports too, which I used when getting friends to go for a group trip with some of my AP friends.

Also, they offer discounted tix to other entertainment stuff around SoCal (Disney on Ice, Cats, and Hairspray at the Pantages are on the cover of this month's newsletter hanging on my office wall here). Have no idea if their prices are comproble to, say, AAA discounts tho.

Legolas
01-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the info, although, other than the employeesavingstickets.com, everything else was stuff I already knew.

Maybe I should just hit up people for their used AAA 5-day hopper tickets :)

But, that's just wrong, right? :p