PDA

View Full Version : GoodBye Disneyland:(

BELLEH5
03-31-2002, 12:25 PM
I just got back from Anaheim around 5:30 am. I was really sad to leave, after visting for 3 days!!! It was very very packed those last 3 days,(Saturday mostly) I only went on Small World 4 times, JC once, Indy 2times, POTC 3 times, HM 2times, Big Thunder 2times and Matterhorn once. Thats how busy it was!! Didn't even get to see the Fantasyland Dark rides. I shopped alot!!! My friend said that the Tiki Room was gay and he fell asleep in it!! Thats what did it for me!!!! I got really upset!!!! So we went off by ourselves for a couple of hours, (everyday). I had a DOLE WHIP, which was really good, and tired the FANTASIA ice cream!!!!!! I got to see Rod Miller play in front of the Coke Corner. I mostly stayed in DL, only went to DCA one time. We stayed at the WestCoast Anaheim, which took me about 10 mins to get to DLR.
Our room was over looking the park. I have a couple of questions for youu who are there everyday.... What happened to the Small World fast pass? The tiki bird Mimi was not working,why? and do you Mouseplanteers hang out by the Disney showcase Pin trading area? I saw some people over there trading pins and thought that maybe it was mouse planet people. Oh yes when I was on the train I saw Critter Country. Totally shocked!!!!!!!! Monorail the parking structure was messy!!! Uncle Dick sorry I didn't get to see you:( OH YES!!!! Even though I live sooo far I bought an annual pass, and my pix is bad!!!! See you next month!! Hopefully I can meet all of you~! Thanks for reading my Disneyland story/review of my trip. If you think you saw me, I was wearing a Disneyland gray sweatshirt, a Disneyland visor hat and jeans.

BELLEH5
03-31-2002, 12:30 PM
Oh Yes I saw Blast!!!! It was really cool, and I think I saw that girl you guys are always talking about!!! I bought the cd:)

Matterhorn Fan
03-31-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
What happened to the Small World fast pass? The tiki bird Mimi was not working,why? and do you Mouseplanteers hang out by the Disney showcase Pin trading area? I saw some people over there trading pins and thought that maybe it was mouse planet people.Small World only has FP during the holidays. It doesn't need it any other time, since there are rarely lines (if there were lines, it's because there's so much other stuff closed for refurb).

There are a lot of Tiki birds that haven't been sinigng lately. It's sad, really. I wish they'd give them all a tune-up.

It's unlikely that there were MPers hanging out in the pit. If they were, they're unlikely to admit it.

Sounds like you had a good trip even though it was crowded!

BlastFanatic
03-31-2002, 12:44 PM
Yea, I went on Friday and couldn't believe how crowded it was. Even Tarzan's Treehouse had a line!!!! It took my lil cousin like 40 min. to get out. I think the shortest lines were the Canoes and the rafts to Tom Sawyers Island. We didn't really try to wait for anything else, except we did have fastpasses for Space Mountain, but that was it. (My cousin won't ride it :( or any of the other roller coasters :( ).

BelleH5: Sorry but I have no answers to your questions. I didn't even know they got rid of the fastpass for It's a Small World. I haven't been in Tiki Room for a long time so i wouldn't even know what bird you're talking about. However, I do have a question for you...Did you see Blast saturday? And if you did, did they do the "battery battle"???????????????????????

BELLEH5
03-31-2002, 07:31 PM
Sorry I say Blast on Thursday afternoon. Describe the Battery Battle?

BlastFanatic
03-31-2002, 07:52 PM
Oh, if you saw it thursday I doubt you saw it because they didn't show it the day after u saw it. Anyways, "Battery Battle" is right after Bolero. It usually starts with one of two main drummers doing a solo on a "battery" (snare drum). Then after he finishes, another drummer does his solo. After his solo is over, the 2 main drummers battle it out by playing little solos against each other, also they make fun of each others solos which is pretty funny. Then when they're done, the lights dim and all u can see is a purple light off their sticks, drum and vest. Then about 6 or so other drummers come out 2 out at a time and join the two main drummers in playing this part (which is impossible for me to figure out). Then from the ceiling drops a whole "rack" of more drums and cymbals. It's almost long enough to touch both ends of the stage. It's hard to explain this part of it but it's "absolutely brilliant" (as the people on the Blast! DVD say). You definitely have to try to see this before it leaves this November!

You can see pics here (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/showgallery.asp?ID=33&page=4) of the solo.

You can also see pics of "the rack" (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/showgallery.asp?ID=33&page=5).

bluepearl
04-01-2002, 12:18 AM
Ah...Battery Battle...it hasn't been the same for me since Kit left. However, I haven't seen the show sans Battle yet.

Glad to hear you had a good time, BELLEH5! I have been working at WoD since Wednesday and if you were there at night, perhaps you might have seen me floating along there, trying to get through the night! :lol: It's been quite busy and I'm extremely exhausted. I can't wait til this Thursday when I finally go back to the parks to play and not work!

Uncle Dick
04-01-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by bluepearl
Glad to hear you had a good time, BELLEH5! I have been working at WoD since Wednesday and if you were there at night, perhaps you might have seen me floating along there, trying to get through the night! :lol: It's been quite busy and I'm extremely exhausted. I can't wait til this Thursday when I finally go back to the parks to play and not work!
I know the feeling exactly. While I'm always happy to be getting lots of hours, the late shifts really start to add up, especially with what little sleep I've managed to grab.

On a slightly unrelated note, do other CMs ever hassle you about visiting the park so much? I mean, it seems whenever I visit, there's some veteran around who just knows that I must be a new hire simply because the old timers don't visit the parks for fun unless they absolutely have to. I've heard this same sort of thing from three different CMs now, all in different departments. Of course, since I was an AP before (and probably after) I was a Disneyland CM, I'll probably always visit the parks. I know you haven't been a CM too much longer than I have, but was simply curious if you'd heard stuff like this and if it bothers you, because it really bugs me. :)

hbquikcomjamesl
04-01-2002, 02:11 PM
It usually starts with one of two main drummers doing a solo on a "battery" (snare drum).

Actually, in the context of music, "battery" refers to the entire percussion section of an orchestra or band.

BlastFanatic
04-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Actually, in the context of music, "battery" refers to the entire percussion section of an orchestra or band.

Hmm...I never knew that. Now i feel like a complete idiot since I have a background in percussion. I've never heard this term used before Blast!. :confused: I was also reading a yamaha website and believe they called the marching snare drum a "yamaha battery." I mighta read it wrong though....:( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused:

hbquikcomjamesl
04-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Perhaps it's Yamaha's brand name for their indefinite-pitch percussion. That would become apparent if you saw "Yamaha Battery" on a triangle, or a pair of cymbals, or on castanets (with or without handle), or a whip, a cowbell, or Chinese blocks, or . . .