PDA

View Full Version : Monorail

DisneyMa
01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I've heard the Monorail is making only one way trips as of this month. Does that mean you can ONLY take it into the park from DTD or Out of the park to DTD?

TIA
Disneyma

TowerofTerror
01-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Well I think it just one way from where you get on at

Alex S.
01-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Essentially the monorail will not be able to make a loop. This means that it will go from DTD to Tomorrowland and then have to reverse course back to DTD rather than continuing forward to make a loop.

This has the effect of drastically reducing the number of monorail trips possible so to help keep lines down you can't do a round trip without exiting at the opposite end.

Normal operating is that if you board in DTD you must exit at Tomorrowland but if you board in Tomorrowland you are allowed to do the full loop without exiting.

Darkbeer
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
As of this morning, the Monorail is still making full loops. It is expected to go to "shuttle" mode in the next week or two (as always, subject to change).

More detail can be found in this thread...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=50752

DisneyMa
01-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Ok, I understand how it's working now. And I can deal with that. We have a 2 year old and we are at the DLH this time. Even if the Monorail is only running the one way during our stay Jan. 29 - Feb. 1st, it shouldn't be too bad with the crowds so light. WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU GUYS. Thanks so much! You guys are Great! :)

Disneyma

theprincesses
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Disneyma,
As you are staying at the DLH this may work out well for you. When the Monorail is running in shuttle mode, during peak times it is available to hotel guest only. You will be asked to show proof that you are staying at the hotel.

Wesley815
01-24-2006, 07:07 PM
As of this morning, the Monorail is still making full loops. It is expected to go to "shuttle" mode in the next week or two (as always, subject to change).

More detail can be found in this thread...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=50752Actually it is in full one way "bi-directional" mode today (1/24/06) with one train, not two... Monorail Purple is being used with Blue as a backup if Purple has problems. Takes a little over two minutes from Tomorrowland to DtD since they are using the "outside loop" which is shorter with a lot more straight track through DCA and back.

TowerofTerror
01-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Wow thank you very much now we know because im going back to the back real soon hopefully