PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Mom who has baby @ D-land on 3/30/02!

Dawnie
03-31-2002, 10:21 AM
After just entering the park, this Mom's water broke and she had her new baby within a few minutes. She was surrounded by lot's Disney Personnel, ready to help. (yikes!) Mom and baby are doing just fine at UCI.

Here's the link for the full story http://ocregister.com/local

Too cute.... :)

blusilva
03-31-2002, 12:07 PM
So, I guess there's no truth to the old rumor that if a baby is born at Disneyland, they are considered a resident and given a lifetime of free admission?

stinkyface
03-31-2002, 12:52 PM
cool! i share a birthday with a baby born at disneyland!

TecTalker2K
03-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
So, I guess there's no truth to the old rumor that if a baby is born at Disneyland, they are considered a resident and given a lifetime of free admission?

We are talking Eisner... The Baby being born on Disney property is considered intellectual property.

blusilva
03-31-2002, 03:55 PM
LOL techtalker!

Dawnie
03-31-2002, 05:38 PM

Noppers....just a free day of admission for the family. But when ya think about baby is free 'till three.

After all it was supposed to be a day to celebrate Austin's big brother's B-day. Sounds like Mom delivered a 7 1/2 lbs. present. Hee!

Morrigoon
03-31-2002, 05:43 PM
I actually feel sorry for Austin and baby... they'll have to share a birthday the rest of their lives - not fun for kids who like to be treated special. I have a friend who has the same birthday as her mother and grandmother - she never got to have birthday parties, instead went out to lunch with her mom and grandma. Sounds nice as an adult, but it sucked big time when she was a kid!

Dawnie
03-31-2002, 05:53 PM
Actually, Dallas is the B.B., Austin is the baby. (Think these people are fans of Texas? )

FYI - Dallas' birthday is today. :)

Didn't think you could live without this info....:D

TecTalker2K
04-01-2002, 02:28 PM
Why do I feel a great photo op here. I would get all three of the Native Disneylanders in the park for a Disney Citizen Presentation. This could and should include lifetime pass and a special Native dedication site.

justagrrl
04-02-2002, 05:39 AM
At first I thought - ooh - great idea to give them a little ceremony and what not...

But think about it. You'd have people trying to have a baby there on purpose if they made a deal out of it...something Disney probably doesn't want to encourage.

KarenW2
04-02-2002, 09:55 AM
If you think about it, the family didn't really get FREE tickets to come back, they had their admission refunded in the form on the ticket, since they didn't spend the day at Disneyland. Their visit was "interrupted" by the mom giving birth! So now they have their money back in the form of passes to use when everybody can go back and spend the day, hopefully without incident. :D

Dawnie
04-02-2002, 05:47 PM
They received a refund AND tickets for a return trip.

:)

tink360
04-02-2002, 09:34 PM

I'm crushed, I thought both mom and baby got lifetime free admission! Not that I would ever be tough enough to pull it off, my labor took nearly a day. Plenty enough time to get me the heck out before baby could make it's debut.

tinkfreak
04-02-2002, 09:37 PM
According to my higher ups - one of whom was there, the kid DID get a life-time pass. It's a rule or something. I heartily agree about the encouragement thing though - do we need to start condstruction on Labor Land?:eek:

blusilva
04-03-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
According to my higher ups - one of whom was there, the kid DID get a life-time pass. It's a rule or something. I heartily agree about the encouragement thing though - do we need to start condstruction on Labor Land?:eek:

YAY! I remember hearing that rumor back in the 70s from one of my grade school teachers, and it was one of those things that made the company "DISNEY" to me. I guess it's something that today's Disney regime wouldn't particularly want to publicize (strange how publicity stunt giveaways have changed in the past 30 years), but I'm very glad to hear that the heart and soul is still there somewhere.

stinkerbell
04-04-2002, 11:56 PM
I could use a lifetime pass to DL! Great story, thanks for passing it on for us at MP! :)