PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Airport (LGB)

Surfingstitch
01-23-2006, 09:11 AM
I have booked my first flight into the Long Beach and was wondering how the airport was.

I think it is small but are there any good places to eat there? Do you need to make reservations for transportation before you get there like at SNA?

Thanks.

mcow1
01-23-2006, 09:34 AM
I have booked my first flight into the Long Beach and was wondering how the airport was.

I think it is small but are there any good places to eat there? Do you need to make reservations for transportation before you get there like at SNA?

Thanks.
No, I wouldn't say there's really any good food there. If I recall there's a snack bar and also a restaurant upstairs, that's it. I would certainly make any reservations for transportation before you get there. There are a few car rental agencies in the parking lot.

Mommy2NicknMax
01-23-2006, 09:44 AM
If you've never been there, you have to walk outside! How crazy is that! LOL! I took a flight into Long Beach in December for the first time. I had no idea how small it was! You walk off the plane down some stairs and wait outside, baggage claim is outside too. What a cool little airport! :cool: Also I'd book your transportation in advance. Have a great trip!

Everett Buzz
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey Surfingstitch. My friends and I are go down that same friday. flying into LGB also :D maybe we are on the same flight...

mckygirl99
01-23-2006, 09:51 AM
My mom would fly into there whenever she came from WA. It's about the size of grocery store but real easy to get in and out of.

If you take the road leaving the airport and just keep going straight, it eventually turns into Ball Rd., which takes you directly to DL. You never have to make any turns! This is the way we used to go to and from the airport to pick up my mom ( I live off Ball) without taking those crowded freeways!

Have great fun!

Surfingstitch
01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all of the great advice.

Wow, an airport where you have to walk down the stairs. Kinda reminds me of the Horizon air flights.

hlbtimes2
01-28-2006, 12:52 PM
We usually fly into Orange County, but are looking at Long Beach this time. Compared to Orange, what are we looking at in terms of travel time? According the disney site they are only a couple of miles different, but I know that doesnt always matter. The flight times are better, its direct flights both ways and the price is about $60 less (total for 4 of us). So we are really considering it.

rentayenta
01-29-2006, 06:46 AM
LGB is the best. It's small, there is nothing good to eat, but it's really close to DL and they have taxis and such lined up just waiting to take you. :)

briangl
01-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Long Beach is about the same distance as Orange County. Its much smaller and easy to get into and out of. I think the Alaska boarding area was housed in a temporary building with American and Delta. Only 3 gates.