PDA

View Full Version : DCA Layout

WITron
01-21-2006, 12:54 PM
I was thinking about the layout of DCA and it makes perfect sense to me why they laid it out the way they did. If you turn the map so that the entrance is on the bottom it aproximates the layout of California. Before you ask what I am smokng, hear me out. If you turn the map like I said the hollywood section would be to the west and the desert to the east. As you move north of the desert you have the Sierra Nevada Mountains, then you come to San Francisco representing Northern Cal. As you move north of the Hollywood section you come to Paradise Pier representing the coast and the piers of both Southern and Northern California. In the heart of the park is the agricultural area. You may still think I am off my rocker, but it makes sense to me.

hlbtimes2
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Then why didnt they build it in reverse so that you didnt have to turn the map to have it "match"?

Phantom2006
01-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I see What you ar saying

WITron
01-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Then why didnt they build it in reverse so that you didnt have to turn the map to have it "match"?
Because DL is oriented with the entrance to the south and with the property and the entrances facing each other that was what they had to do to have the entrances face each other and have the maximum traffic flow. If they had oriented it north to south the entrance would be off of Katella.