PDA

View Full Version : Character Warehouse... worth a trip?

Pages : [1] 2

PeoplemoverMisser
01-20-2006, 07:16 PM
:confused: Has anyone been to the character warehouse north of the park on Harbor? What kind/quality of stuff do they have. Is it sanctioned or knock-off.:confused:

mi_mous
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
It is all discontinued stuff. The first time I went there, they had a pretty good selection of things, and cheaper than at Disneyland. I saw some thing there that they were still selling at Disneyland.
It's not knockoff, just immense extra discontinued stuff.
I went last week, and it was OK, but it was all stuff I had seen before. But, for your first time, it's pretty cool.
I got my sister in-law some shirts there for her kids, and I got some stuff for Christmas there. So, it's Disney stuff, just a little cheaper, or a little more of a bargain than buying the same thing at the park. They do have the original price tags on the shirts and clothing, so you can see what you would have paid at the park.
Happy hunting!

WITron
01-20-2006, 09:07 PM
It is hit and miss about what they have in stock. We did alot of our christmas shopping there, since it did not matter wether it was current merchandise. If you are looking for anything current you are not likely to find it ther unless it is an uncommon size. I say it is at least worth a trip to see what they have if you have the time.

TTFN92
01-20-2006, 10:15 PM
We went in Sept. and I wasn't all that impressed. I wouldn't go again.

Andrew
01-20-2006, 11:37 PM
:confused: Has anyone been to the character warehouse north of the park on Harbor? What kind/quality of stuff do they have. Is it sanctioned or knock-off.:confused:
One has just opened in Cupertino. We're going tomorrow morning!

Micki0624
01-21-2006, 06:32 AM
From DL where exactly is the warehouse? Can you please give directions from Harbor Blvd?

Gone2Disneyland
01-21-2006, 07:17 AM
It is hit and miss about what they have in stock. We did alot of our christmas shopping there, since it did not matter wether it was current merchandise. If you are looking for anything current you are not likely to find it ther unless it is an uncommon size. I say it is at least worth a trip to see what they have if you have the time.

That's about what I was going to say too. It's worth a look see if you can make it out, at least to satisfy your curiosity. But, like Ross and other discount stores offering closeouts, whether you buy anything depends on whether you find things that appeal to your tastes. But both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World product offered (clothing, toys, mugs, etc.) and the prices are definitely legit: official and discounted. (And the John Hench monorail painting in the corner that I've seen on recent visits looks cool, but not for sale.)

On a side note, if you're a fan of Sonic Drive-In, there's one across the street. My friend who's been to Sonics out of state was so happy when I told her where it was. :)

Gone2Disneyland
01-21-2006, 07:23 AM
From DL where exactly is the warehouse? Can you please give directions from Harbor Blvd?
From Disneyland, take the 5 North to the 91 East. Exit at the Lemon/Harbor Exit. Drive thru Harbor over to Lemon and turn left across the overpass. The Disney Character Warehouse isn't far from the freeway It will be on the left hand side, in a fairly non-descript building in a mall. Look for plain bold letters of the name on a building.

If you've driven past the Sonic Drive-In that's on the right hand side of the street (and also directly across from the final driveway into the Disney Warehouse's parking lot), then you've gone too far.

It's about 15-20 minutes away from the park.

EchoThree76
01-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Its a great place to get gifts for friends/Family. We went there and we figured how much everything would be if we paid full price for everything. It would have been 250 but we paid 130. Good place for sweatshirts/t-shirts and stuff like that.

Genris
01-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Does it differ from the traveling "Disney Warehouses" that show up periodically in Northern California?

sunfun94
01-21-2006, 08:03 AM

Actually Gone2Disneyland... you can just take Harbor North from the DLR area (which may be easier for a person who is not familiar with the area) and then after going over the 91frwy keep heading straight for a left turn into the strip mall with Circut City there on your left hand side...the Charachter Warehouse is in that same strip mall but around that corner at the end...taking Harbor should get you there in only 10 min or so. That way you dont have to get onto those nasty freeways..(ESPECIALLY THE 91!!!) lol..

Gone2Disneyland
01-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Actually Gone2Disneyland... you can just take Harbor North from the DLR area (which may be easier for a person who is not familiar with the area) and then after going over the 91frwy keep heading straight for a left turn into the strip mall with Circut City there on your left hand side...the Charachter Warehouse is in that same strip mall but around that corner at the end...taking Harbor should get you there in only 10 min or so. That way you dont have to get onto those nasty freeways..(ESPECIALLY THE 91!!!) lol..
I didn't know that. Thanks! :)

kohl
01-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Does it differ from the traveling "Disney Warehouses" that show up periodically in Northern California?

It all depends what they have. It is bascially the same idea, just might be different merchandise. We always stop there first to buy gifts. In November, they were selling flavored popcorn that they sell in Disneyland. We bought it for $1 a bag and we saw the same thing in Disneyland for $5 a bag!:eek:

cindyland
01-21-2006, 12:29 PM
We usually hit the Warehouse at the beginning of our trip to get the first "hit" of shopping out of the way. Very hit and miss. One year when we went to DL in June it was freezing ("June gloom") and we didn't pack for the chilly conditions so we just had to buy sweatshirts for everyone. Not a bad deal, and they still had some of the sweatshirts in the parks. We paid $10 for kids sweatshirts that were priced $36 in the park. With three kids, it was definately worth the trip!

stitchlvr
01-21-2006, 02:59 PM
One has just opened in Cupertino. We're going tomorrow morning!

I missed this. I periodically check their website.Where in Cupertino? I'm betting Vallco.

asharpcook
01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I think that I am going to have to check it out on my next trip!
We are a family of 6 and always try to get matching shirts, but I cringe at the register when they are ringing it up!
I think this will be our first stop on our next trip to see how many deals we can score!
Anita:)

Swhite
01-22-2006, 04:33 AM
We were there in September and found a couple shirts for much less than at Dland, and some coffee mugs to bring back to relatives as Dland souviniers. Saved lots of money. Also they had boxed chocolates marked way down. I was skeptical but the candy was really good, not old tasting as I had feared. Go there to get things to bring back as souveniers to people!

splashmtngurl
01-22-2006, 07:38 AM
i would say its worth a trip, the stock seems to change so sometimes you might go there and find a ton of stuff and sometimes you might go and find nothing. it all depends on your taste and what your looking for. we went last year in the spring and didnt find much, i think we all got a sweatshirt cause they are fairly cheap but this year when we went in decemeber i found a ton of stuff. i would say its worth it to stop by, especcially since its up by some grocery stores and stuff so you can get some other shopping out of the way, we always go to the food 4 less store there and get groceries so we dont have to eat in the park.

Leap for Joy
01-22-2006, 06:40 PM

The strip mall is on the right hand (East) side of Harbor. I think the street that runs along the North side of the mall is called OrangeFair. We usually turn onto that street and go down a ways before turning into the strip mall to avoid driving through the whole parking lot.

charpaul
01-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I have signed up for their mailing list - they get "new" stuff all the time and I get periodic notices of new shipments and on-line coupons. It really is hit and miss. I have found some jackets there that had been selling for around $50 in the park for $20 each!!! These were good quality things that were in the park only the week before!!!!
I find gifts there for family members from out of the area. It is official Disney stuff, just not the most current design.

Some of the deals are great! Some of the stuff I think is not. Depends what you are looking for. If you have the time - and you were going to shop for souvenirs or clothing anyway…… check it out!!

WITron
01-23-2006, 04:44 AM
On a side note, if you're a fan of Sonic Drive-In, there's one across the street. My friend who's been to Sonics out of state was so happy when I told her where it was. :)
Or even better there is an In-N-Out. Also across the street to the north there is a See's candy outlet store.

davnat
01-23-2006, 05:52 AM
We love to go to in-n-out burger! Last time we were there we stopped by the character warehouse. We found some sweatshirts for $10 and also got some Eeyore fannypacks that our girls loved. They would pack them with snacks before we went to the park. There is also a Costco right there which we go to to get snacks.

PeoplemoverMisser
01-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks for all the tips. Sounds like a good thing for one parent to go do while the other waits with toddlers during nap time.

StyledSugar
01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
We're going to DL on Feb 19-24 and are planning on hitting the warehouse during out trip. I was just wondering something. I've seen people mention a few fast food places as well as See's Candies (my personal favorite...lol) but what else is around there? Also, we're staying at a hotel across from DL and was wondering how much a cab would be to the warehouse? A rough estimate would be great! Thanks!:)

mowsluver
01-23-2006, 10:53 PM
I love the warehouse! We got some cool WDW Haunted Mansion stuff, priced 3 for $10. We bought some t-shirts for $2 (clearance) that my daughter wears as jammies, and got some great off-season things, just bout a size or so bigger!:D
Also, my daughter had her own spending money and has learned that she can buy more there then at the park. She's young and truly doesn't care if it's last years or not!