PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn and Suites

DisneyMa
01-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Have any of you stayed at the Carousel Inn and Suites? We are thinking about a two or a three bedroom suite for a five day stay. Any information you have would be appreciated. How are the rooms? The parking? The staff? How is the walk to DL, CA & DTD? We usually (and have only) stay at one of the Resort Hotels however, we have more family coming with us this time. TIA :)

Disneyma

munchkinsmom0003
01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
We stayed here once a couple of summers ago in a suite that had one separate bedroom with a King Bed and then a common room with another King Bed, bathroom and a living room. The room was on the second floor which did not have elevator access. The room layout was great, but the separate bedroom did not have A/C, so if the door was closed, the room would get hot and muggy. This wasn't the most ideal situation for us, since we stayed there during the Summer and we wanted to use that room for our two little ones. They have early bedtimes and DH and I usually have dinner and watch TV in the other room when the kids are asleep. Because there wasn't any A/C, the door had to be opened at all times. We also found some exposed wires in an outlet that wasn't exactly childproof. My folks stayed in a different room on that same trip and their A/C made the loudest noises throughout the night. They weren't too pleased.

The parking can get filled up since spaces are limited at this hotel. If you come early, you'll have no problem. The staff was nice and courteous. You can't beat the location, though. It's pretty close to the DLR's entrance.

I hope they've made some changes since we've stayed there. HTH!

luvitthere
01-20-2006, 05:12 PM
We stayed there last year for 10 days, and If I was to be fair it was ok.It rained one day when we were there and when we got back to our room, it had rained in there too. They did refund me a night after alot of trips to the front desk and emails whwn we returned home. The maintenance here I think is really bad. There is only 3 washers and dryers for the whole hotel and there was always at least one broken. The location is great, 100 feet or so to the main crosswalk into the park. The breakfast was not great as there is no change from day to day, only oatmeal for cereal, yuck. Never used the pool, but it is small. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which was ok besides the leaking ceiling. I wouldnt stay here again due to the issues last time, this year we are staying at the Park Vue Inn, its a few steps closer and the rates are better. My folks stayed there and it looked pretty decent.

Micmousetoo
01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
We just stayed there for our first time this December. Our room was a standard room so I can't relay any useful info on their suites. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We took our car out every afternoon when we went for our leisurly off site meal between 3:00 and 4:30 and we never had a problem finding parking. However, I think parking could become a problem in the evening hours. But the most important thing for us was the walk!! It is very short!!

DisneyMa
01-20-2006, 06:35 PM
After DH and I read your posts and some others on another site we have decided to go ahead and spend the extra money and stay at DLH or GCH. Thanks so much for your posts. I don't know what we would do without all of you. :)

Yeah, We're Going to Disneyland! :D
Can't Wait!
Disneyma