PDA

View Full Version : When to go? Need opinions

jakoky
01-20-2006, 12:58 PM
:) Hi there, i am posting this as i am trying to plan a trip to disneyland-i have been 5 times but all by the time i was 13,which is a long, long time ago...we travelled to disneyworld in dec 2004 and had an amazing time, but the flight is so long so thought we would do disneyland this time. My oldest daughter is in high school on the semester system(which is awful) so we are very limited in which time of year we can go. My younger two it doesnt really matter yet as they are in grades 5 and 7. All 3 get A's and B's, so missing a little school is not too bad. We are thinking of the middle of june(oldest daughter will already be out, the younger 2 will miss nothing the last 1 1/2 wks)) or the last week of august into the first week of september, this way only missing the first few days of school. I am wondering crowd wise and weather wise, which would be best. We were spoiled when we went to disneyworld, not only did we have the christmas season, weather into the 80's, but also extremely low crowds, actually riding one ride 2 times without getting off.....We had 2 waits over 1/2 hour and the rest were 0-15 minutes, averaging about 5.....Just thought i would ask others that have much more experience of disney than myself....i thank you so much for any and all replies...
sharon

yellowrosedtxn
01-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Last year we went around the 22 of June. I know that the kids in California do not get out until that week. The crowds weren't that bad. Make sure you use the fastpass system a lot. I know that the weather was wonderful. We live in Texas and expected it to be REALLY hot in California at the end of June. It was high 60's in the morning and it got up to 80 or 90 degrees. It was great for us. Just make sure that you take jeans and a light jacket or sweater for the evenings/night.

I am not sure about August, but that is my experience in June.

WITron
01-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I would recomend June. The weather is cooler than in August and usually schools do not get out until mid-June. As a comparison June's average high is between 76 and 82, and August is around 85 to 86. In August you get more days that are in the higher ranger. Of course a couple of years ago we went in May and the temps were in the high 90's to 100, so you never really can tell.

Gone2Disneyland
01-21-2006, 08:00 AM
In terms of weather, June is generally less warm than August.

In terms of crowds, yeah, June would likely have lesser crowds than in August. But it's all relative too. :)

If you're really focused on getting on shorter lines, just follow the oft-mentioned strategies: arrive early, hit Space Mountain and/or Splash Mountain first and collect FPs too, then dive thru the rest. In any case, enjoy your trip, whenever you arrive. :D

samkj
01-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Check out the dates for Grad night celebrations in June. You don't want to go during that time.

PNicholas
01-21-2006, 09:08 AM
We went last June and it did not seem crowded. We also used fastpass all day, even after they would expire. I would suggest reading how to use it in the archives, it helps to jog the old memory. We found that we didn't even need to use ridemax after awhile although I would have liked to see how efficient it was. I also planned around grad night because I think they close early on those dates.

GrumpyUTboi
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
what ever you do DO NOT EVER, EVER GO THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS OR THE WEEK AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!! What a mess and mistake that was. 60k plus people every day. I will gladly go March, April, September and October.