PDA

View Full Version : Buying "Stuff" in the park vs. online beforehand?

bekky
01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey all ... yes its me again - I warned you I would have a zillion questions ! :rolleyes: !

This time Im thinking about how every time I go to buy little "things" in the park I always gasp & choke at the prices when I think of how cheap I can usually get the same stuff anywhere outside the park & tell myself to remember to get it beforehand the next time. So here we are again in the "next time" stage & Im drawing a blank.

IE: Im going to grab some light chasers at the disney store beforehand ( are they really cheaper than in the park ? I cant remember how much we paid for them - but once the lights go down the kids MUST have them ! )
I was even looking on ebay - but cant seem to find any .. maybe I am calling them the wrong thing in my searches.

Also ... I cant remember how much we paid for autograph books & pens ... but I found a place online that sells them & they dont seem cheap at all ( 20 bucks ... does that sound right ? )

http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5910.asp

Can anyone tell me what they go for in the park ?

I know its a bit more - but I kind of like the idea of having the option of a place for a photo over the autograph.

**** Any other little secrets as to what to buy BEFORE we go instead of inside the park ??? ****

Maybe Im not really saving any money doing it beforehand ... its all adding up so quick - gosh ... Im starting to think that Hawaii is sounding good at these prices - lol ( ok - Im just kidding ... once Im there I remember why it is all SOOO worth it !!! )

Chiidesu
01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't reccomend buying from the Laughing Place... For some reason they charge $10.00, more or less, on their products, I'm sure you can get them a lot cheaper at DLR.

hlbtimes2
01-19-2006, 09:25 PM
We were able to get light chasers at the disney store on clearance before our trip. I think we paid $4 for it, they are about $15 at the park. Sometimes you can get them from the ebay store- disney deals. But lately they havent had much of anything listed.

I did buy glow bracelets and necklaces at dollar tree before our last trip. They were a buck a pack and you got, I think, 4 in a package. Much cheaper then the park!

I would just buy the autograph book in the park.

Be sure you take enough batteries, video tape, and film if you use it. Those are super spendy in the park. Also take pain med's like advil or tylenol. Sunscreen- even for overcast days.

Oh, rain ponchos. You can get them at the dollar store as well. You can use them on grizzly river if you dont need them for the rain. The park ones are about $7.

EchoThree76
01-19-2006, 11:31 PM
If you are planning to do some Pin Trading i suggest going to E-bay. Buy ones you wont be sad if you part with and trade for those you want. My wife spent $12 on a set of 5 Tinkerbell pins and traded most of them.

brerbear77
01-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I have found that some things are cheaper online but not always. Some people that sell online, like ebay and things think they can get a lot more for the stuff because people who aren't going to the parks have to have it. Definetly do your homework beforehand and I agree, don't buy off Laughingplace, it seems a little expensive.

DianeM
01-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Not much of a secret, but bring water bottles for your kids, and since the water in anaheim is not wonderful, you might want to bring some kind of cool-aid flavoring. You can save a fortune on beverages alone. If your kids will settle for non-Disney glow sticks, then by all means bring them. If you want to collect autographs, don't forget to take an appropriate pen (I understand that some characters have trouble holding small pens in their hands) You can buy Disney t-shirts at their outlet store (someone here can give you directions) which is an easy drive from the park, if your not too fussy. Anything else with the Disney logo I'd buy in the park. It's really not that expensive if you shop around a bit.

TiP: If you have kids that are "collectors" and are old enough to keep track of things, the pressed pennies in the park make wonderful, inexpensive souvenirs. They can fill the book or just collect a few. Each penny costs 51 cents, quarters are a dollar, and the books are about $5. My nephew slept with his book under his pillow for months after we visited the park.

**** Any other little secrets as to what to buy BEFORE we go instead of inside the park ??? ****

Maybe Im not really saving any money doing it beforehand ... its all adding up so quick - gosh ... Im starting to think that Hawaii is sounding good at these prices - lol ( ok - Im just kidding ... once Im there I remember why it is all SOOO worth it !!! )

Mermaid
01-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I also would not buy them from Laughing Pace. Their stuff is really expenisive. Mouseshoppe is much more reasonable- more along the cost of the stuff in the park. Do you have a Disney Store outlet near you? They just opened one here and they have all sorts of stuff for cheap. I have seen the light chasers there but I can't remember the cost. They have kids character shorts for $5.00. They had cute Buzz sweatshirts for $10 last time I was there.

MsYumiBr
01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
It really depends on your personality. I buy things before hand or even bring the necessary Mickey T-shirt, hat and sweat shirt and not only come back with the stuff I brought but I managed to find another Mickey T-shirt, hat and sweat shirt! I have no self control when it comes to this kind of thing. There's always something shiny and new. It's better to bring an empty suitcase.

Genris
01-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Also ... I cant remember how much we paid for autograph books & pens ... but I found a place online that sells them & they dont seem cheap at all ( 20 bucks ... does that sound right ? )

$20 sounds high. I think they were more like $10.95 in the park.