PDA

View Full Version : Question about rooms at Best Western Park Place Inn

keschy
01-19-2006, 02:33 PM
We are suppsed to have the king sized bed deluxe room. I couldn't tell from the website pictures if the rooms are roomy or a tight fit. It will be for 2 people but we'll be spending alot of time in the room and maybe having some local friends over just to hang out.I have heard mixed reviews about the cleanliness of the rooms. Has anyone had major problems with them? Are the beds comfortable? Thanks!

Mommy2NicknMax
01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I've stayed in the king rooms many times. You'll have your bed and also a sleeper sofa (more like love seat size), coffee table, chair, and a desk with chair. My family of four fit just fine and we also had a pack n play and double stroller in the room! As for how clean it is.....it's not "dirty". They do clean and make the beds. My only problem is the carpet. The bottoms of our white socks got quite dirty. Oh and the beds aren't bad. Typical hotel beds.

vmjess
01-19-2006, 03:47 PM
We had a deluxe king room there one time and found it to be plenty of room for myself, husband and two boys under age 4. We have stayed at this property 2 times and really enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and any extra houskeeping needs were met with no problems. As for the dirty carpet, my kids socks got just as filtly at the DL hotel. I think all hotel carpets are nasty no matter where you go!

DianeM
01-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I've stayed there several times, and never had a problem. The rooms are good sized, although not huge. I would think you could do a bit of entertaining if you're just having a few good friends over. I don't recall the beds being uncomfortable, and I have a bad back, so I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of thing. The rooms seemed clean to me. I don't wear white socks when I'm on vacation (I generally wear sandals), so I've never had a problem with dirty socks on vacation. All in all, I consider this a very good hotel to stay at. It seems that we often have minor problems when we go on vacation (being put in smoking rooms when we requested otherwise, the hot tub being broken or dirty, bad maid service... you know, little annoying things) but I've never had a problem at BWPPI, which is probably why I like it so much. That and the fact that when you walk out the door in the morning you are practically at the entrance to the park. :-)

Has anyone had major problems with them? Are the beds comfortable? Thanks!

wingsong
01-19-2006, 11:25 PM
My sons and I were there from Dec.17 to 23 in a standard room with two double beds. We had plenty of space, our socks didn't get dirty, the room was always well cleaned, we found the beds comfortable (someone on another site mentioned that some of the rooms have new beds, we may have lucked out), loved having a microwave (we brought in dinner from Mimi's one night when we were tired), and really appreciated the proximity to the park.

keschy
01-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Thank You! I have a much better idea of what to expect now.