PDA

View Full Version : Viewing the Aladdin show

Malcon10t
01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
In April we will be taking a group of younger kids to Disneyland. We are "hosting" a family from Germany, plus taking a couple of nieces and nephews, for 3 -5yo girls and 2 8yo boys. We plan on taking them to Alladin. I have always seen this from the Mezz level. I had preferred seating, but is the show better from the "ground floor" or the Mexx. level?? Only one of the 8yos has previously been to Disneyland, the other 4 have never been. Thanks for the help...

geoffa
01-19-2006, 12:52 PM
In April we will be taking a group of younger kids to Disneyland. We are "hosting" a family from Germany, plus taking a couple of nieces and nephews, for 3 -5yo girls and 2 8yo boys. We plan on taking them to Alladin. I have always seen this from the Mezz level. I had preferred seating, but is the show better from the "ground floor" or the Mexx. level?? Only one of the 8yos has previously been to Disneyland, the other 4 have never been. Thanks for the help...
Try and get to the rear part downstairs. When you get inside turn right in the auditorium and walk up a little. The "Make way for Prince Ali" parade passes right by you if you can get on the "front" row of this section. It also gives great views of the flying carpet.:)

See:

http://www.dsalt.demon.co.uk/aladdin.jpg

MsYumiBr
01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
PSs just mean that you have first choice. Do not hesitate or you will lose. The mob is behind you. The good thing is this theatre does not make you move over to make room for more guests.

pisces
01-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I like the balcony (Mezzanine?) because you can see the flying carpet without craning your neck.

I don't like climbing those stairs to get to it, though. I wish they had an elevator/escalator.

stan4d_steph
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I like the balcony (Mezzanine?) because you can see the flying carpet without craning your neck.

I don't like climbing those stairs to get to it, though. I wish they had an elevator/escalator.There is an elevator. I believe you need a guest assistance card indicating that you can't take stairs, or you have to be in a wheelchair to use it though.

geoffa
01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Do not hesitate or you will lose. The mob is behind you.

So true - you need to move quickly!

TowerofTerror
01-19-2006, 03:16 PM
The lower level is the best. But Balcony is the best so you can see the flying carpet.

junglemom
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Ok, so give me the low down on how to get in the correct line for the lower level, what is that area called? I really love it when I look like I know what I am doing ...:D

cstephens
01-19-2006, 05:33 PM

OK, just clarifying. Do you mean the Aladdin storytelling in Disneyland, or do you mean the Aladdin show at the Hyperion Theatre in DCA? Everyone seems to be talking about the DCA Aladdin show. Just wanted to make sure we're talking about whichever show you're planning to attend.

Malcon10t
01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
OK, just clarifying. Do you mean the Aladdin storytelling in Disneyland, or do you mean the Aladdin show at the Hyperion Theatre in DCA? Everyone seems to be talking about the DCA Aladdin show. Just wanted to make sure we're talking about whichever show you're planning to attend.
At the Hyperion. I just want the kids to have the best view, but we will have 2-3 of us needing the elevator. Normally, they only let the person needing the elevator ride, but as we will have so many little ones, I hope they will let the whole roupd use the elevator.

sjcivilady
01-20-2006, 11:55 AM
We were there in November - midweek, off-season; we didn't have Pref Seating tickets. We got in the regular line about 30 or 45 minutes before the show started and had a good selection of seats from the mezzanine (?). If your whole group takes the elevator, it may delay you from getting there quickly. Could one adult take the kids and save seats for the rest? If you have wheelchairs, I think they seated them on the bottom level at the back where there are spaces between chairs for the wheelchairs. I've seen it from the Preferred Seating area and the mezzanine and like the mezzanine better. Have fun - this is a good show!

ima_mickeyfan
01-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Try and get to the rear part downstairs. When you get inside turn right in the auditorium and walk up a little. The "Make way for Prince Ali" parade passes right by you if you can get on the "front" row of this section. It also gives great views of the flying carpet.:)

See:

http://www.dsalt.demon.co.uk/aladdin.jpg

perfect seats!! we had the first 6 seats from the door and the kids loved how the animals were right next to their face at times...

geoffa
01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Ok, so give me the low down on how to get in the correct line for the lower level, what is that area called? I really love it when I look like I know what I am doing ...:D

Wait in line at the right hand side of the theater. There is a double door entrance. Ignore the stairs that go up to your left - go straight ahead and the front row of the rear portion downstairs is almost opposite as you enter. They are the same doors that the parade enters and the elphant leaves through)

SPOILER: If you watch as CMs manouvre the elephant out after the parade it seems to have some collapse mechanism so they can get it under the door.:)