PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access - Which "Neighbor" Hotels Have it?

Monte Cristo
01-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm contemplating making a "quickie" trip next week and I wanted to know if any of the hotels across the street from DL offered internet access in their rooms besides Hojo's?

Andrew
01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm contemplating making a "quickie" trip next week and I wanted to know if any of the hotels across the street from DL offered internet access in their rooms besides Hojo's?
The Best Western Anaheim Inn (http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/propertyAmenities.do?propertyCode=05385&group=false&disablenav=false#null) does, but I don't think any of the others do, and I've stayed in most of them. Also very close is the Holiday Inn Express Maingate (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/LAXEX) which is just around the corner on Katella, and does have Internet access.

Darkbeer
01-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I know that HoJo's and Best Western Anaheim are free.

Desert Palms has it for a daily fee (wired). (On Katella, next to the 7-11 on Harbor).

Monte Cristo
01-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Hmmm..if I'm not mistaken, Hojo's is the closest of those you guys mentioned. Oh well...unless the GC offered an incredible special, looks like Hojo's it is.

Thanks guys.

Andrew
01-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Hmmm..if I'm not mistaken, Hojo's is the closest of those you guys mentioned.
The BW Anaheim is directly across Harbor from the East Esplanade entrance. HoJo's is (correct me if I'm wrong, Invitational teams :~D ) about 3/4 mile.

Darkbeer
01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Alex Stroup calculated the actual distances....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=46907

From the middle of the Main Entry Plaza to the HoJo Lobby is .526 miles

To the Candy Cane Inn is .545 miles, and the Desert Palms is basically its neighbor, though you will have to walk a bit farther thru the 7-11 lot to get to the lobby.

The Best Western Anaheim would be about .3 of a mile.

But if you want to count the walk from the Disneyland Turnstiles to Building 2 at HoJo's, you should get close to 3/4'rds of a mile.....

fidoprincess
01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
We had internet at BWPPI, can't remember if it was wireless or not. However, we were told that only SOME rooms have it and you have to request it. We were in a QQ minisuite on the 3rd floor both times toward the front and had it both times. It was free.

TowerofTerror
01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
HoJo`s and The Disneyland Hotel and Grand California all offer Internet Access.

sandiegorob
01-19-2006, 02:46 PM
As does Paradise Pier. Of course this doesn't answer your question, just additional info.

ghoofie
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
The Candy Cane now has wireless access but not ethernet plug-in access. Most of the rooms will access the wireless but some rooms that are inset into a little of a cove may not get as good coverage.

Darkbeer
01-20-2006, 01:37 PM
The Candy Cane now has wireless access but not ethernet plug-in access. Most of the rooms will access the wireless but some rooms that are inset into a little of a cove may not get as good coverage.

Is it free, or an extra charge?

prncsmsj
01-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Is it free, or an extra charge?
It's free, and if you can't get it to work in your room, they will let you use the dining area.

MyBeast
01-21-2006, 07:19 PM
the Anaheim Fairfield Inn has free wireless internet throughout the hotel.

GrumpyUTboi
01-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Tropicana Inn also has internet service, the store in the hotel area offers internet service for a price but I was able to connect through my wireless card.

Surfingstitch
01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
oooooh.

WiFi is great.

I am glad that some hotels are adding this to their amenities.

Darkbeer
01-23-2006, 09:44 AM
The Quality Inn (the old Pennysleeper Inn) also has WiFi access, $10 a day.