PDA

View Full Version : Walt's opening day speech

uvsc_wolverine
01-19-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm taking a hospitality management class in college and I'm in a group that's doing a presentation on customer service. We've decided to focus on Disney and the way they handle customer service. We've all ordered copies of "Be Our Guest", but as part of the class presentation we're trying to find either the video or audio of Walt's speech from the opening day of Disneyland - anyone know where I could find this? I have found it in one place, but it's in RealPlayer format and I was hoping for something that I'd be able to integrate into a PowerPoint presentation. Any help would be much appreciated!

SandraVB79
01-19-2006, 11:58 AM
would an mp3-version work? If it's on one of the CDs from the 6-CD set, I can make an mp3 out of it for you

geoffa
01-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm taking a hospitality management class in college and I'm in a group that's doing a presentation on customer service. We've decided to focus on Disney and the way they handle customer service. We've all ordered copies of "Be Our Guest", but as part of the class presentation we're trying to find either the video or audio of Walt's speech from the opening day of Disneyland - anyone know where I could find this? I have found it in one place, but it's in RealPlayer format and I was hoping for something that I'd be able to integrate into a PowerPoint presentation. Any help would be much appreciated!

Here you go. Grab within 72 hours please.

http://www.dsalt.demon.co.uk/dedication.wav

TENORDRUMMER
01-19-2006, 02:32 PM
the dvd , "Disneyland USA" has the entire speech, also the entire presentation of the opening day ceremonies aired by ABC.

Gone2Disneyland
01-19-2006, 03:08 PM
I recognize geoffa's wav file as a version from the recent 50th Anniversary CDs. For what it's worth, the speech is also available in a "cleaner version" (i.e. the tram bell ringing isn't tagged on the end of it) on the CD that's included with "The Disney Treasures" scrapbook-style book. It's a neat book to browse thru for reference and inspiration if you can find it in a library. Or if any in your group's a Disney fan, I'd recommend they just buy it at amazon; it's a worthwhile book to own.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786853905/qid=1137715269/sr=8-13/ref=pd_bbs_13/002-4679989-6937627?n=507846&s=books&v=glance