PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn?

Momtowolf
01-19-2006, 10:15 AM
We are going to Disneyland in March. We have never stayed at the Candy Cane Inn before. What do you guys think about it? We have two kids ages 6,11 and my sister and her teenager will be going also.

WE really want to stay at the Grand Californian but every time we price it.....it's sooooooo expensive!!!!!

Is the Candy Cane Inn one of the closest to the park entrance? We want the older boys to have some freedom to come and go a bit.

Thanks!!!

PrincessLeia
01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
When money is an issue (when isn't it?) CCI is the best way to go! We stayed there in December...nice clean friendly, about 5 minute walk to the park ~ no streets to cross ~ good free breakfast ~ pool/hot tub ~ I say it is the next best thing to a Disney hotel!

Have fun!

stan4d_steph
01-19-2006, 10:31 AM
If you do a search on "Candy Cane" you'll find many previous threads on the subject. Also check out the reviews in the MousePlanet Review Database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews).

hlbtimes2
01-19-2006, 10:34 AM
It is not one of the closest, but its not the furthest either! Its about 1/2 mile, so an easy walk. They also offer a free private shuttle every 1/2 hour.

It consistantly gets great reviews. Its currently rated #1 on tripadvisor.com for that area. Its not the Grand- but its also 1/3 the cost and comes with free breakfast! LOL I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

LLevy
01-19-2006, 12:07 PM
We have stayed at the candy cane a couple of times. We had no problems with any of the usual things that people comment about hotels. Our only reason for ususally staying at the fairfield Marriott is room size. With 4 people in the room, and sometimes a baby playpen, the fairfield has larger rooms for about the same price (or cheaper.)

the pool and hot tub at the candy cane were fine, and the breakfast was a basic continential. the Candy Cane only SHUTTLE is what tips the scale for us...

LL

ghoofie
01-20-2006, 11:56 AM
The candy cane is the only place we will stay. But none of the hotels are close enough (in my opinion) to let a 6 and 11 year old walk back/forth from hotel to park by themselves. But that's me. We would not let that age kid walk to either of the Disney hotels alone either.
But aside from that....the Cane is THEE place to stay. Can't say enough good about it.

Momtowolf
01-20-2006, 12:30 PM
It would be the 15 year old and 11 year old walking back and forth. I would NEVER let me 6 year old go without me....just FYI.

I booked there and the rates are awesome!!!

Thanks!!!