PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic/ELP CD Soundtracks give me goosebumps!

PrincessLeia
01-19-2006, 08:47 AM
I have the CD of "Fantasmic" and the Electrical Light Parade and am listening at my desk. They both give me goosebumps! Ahh, the magic of Disney. Fills in the gap between visits!

Anyone else do this? How do you "re-live" your DL experiences in between visits?

Syndrome
01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
I know exactly how you feel. Especially regarding the ELP. Everytime I see the wishes fireworks show at DL, once the ELP music starts I get way too giddy for a 20 year old male.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Everytime I see the wishes fireworks show at DL, once the ELP music starts I get way too giddy for a 20 year old male.

Hahaha! That's too cute!

DL music always gets me through the gaps too. I understand!

JookyG
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Those first few chords of the Electrical Parade always get me (it's Baroque Hoedown by Perry & Kingsley, btw). I'm instantly transported to the first time I saw it, sitting on my dad's shoulders at the end of Main Street. You can hear the music start up, and off in the distance you can see the glow of the floats coming through the trees and you know it's coming. Oh, the anticipation...!

Now that the MSEP is gone, and now it's just the EP, I can't hear that music without getting a little tear in my eye. Or sometimes a big one, like when I watched a DVD of the final performance on Main Street in the 90s (available from windowtothemagic.com (http://www.windowtothemagic.com/), by the way). A fine way for a grown man to behave, eh?

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular pagaent of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

smanrick51
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I have been known to act out the entire Fantasmic show in my car. :) It is actually one of my life's dreams to be one of the monkeys! I am really having a hard time deciding between being a monkey and grad school. I mean, I'll already have ONE degree, right? :D

PrincessLeia
01-19-2006, 10:23 AM
That is SO funny about the monkeys! I love that segment of jungle music in fastasmic and I would love to be out there on the raft dancing in one of those monkey suits!!! :p

SandraVB79
01-19-2006, 11:15 AM
I have been known to act out the entire Fantasmic show in my car. :) It is actually one of my life's dreams to be one of the monkeys! I am really having a hard time deciding between being a monkey and grad school. I mean, I'll already have ONE degree, right? :D

Thank God, I am not the only one who does that!
I can act Fantasmic! (even without music, since I know that by heart too...), I know the Remember soundtrack by heart, with all the intonations, I know how many seconds a silence will last, and I can dance the different sequences of a couple of parades.

I am so pathetic....

In February, I am going to Disney on Ice. In the commercials on television, they use a remix of Fantasmic! music, it will be very painful in some way to have to hear that. First of all, it's not the music in its original orchestration, and it will not be the same dance! argh! :(

kimbopotamus
01-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I read everyone's posts on here, of course!;)

I have been to Disney On Ice every year for 8 years now. That helps tremendously, especially getting to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc. out of Disneyland!

I have SOOO many Disney Ringtones on my phone! I rotate them every month or so, and only play the really important ones as the trip gets closer! For example, last month I had "We are Siamese" from Lady and the Tramp. This month I have "Main St. Electrical Parade" (Baroque Hoedown version).....goosebumps every time my phone rings......! Next month for our trip I will set F! on my phone! It helps build the excitement and anticipation for me! Sometimes I don't even answer my phone just so I can hear the whole song play out! How demented is that?!?!